LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
probably willis or lawson
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Don't know if this was posted already, but PFT is reporting some anxiety on Crabtree's part. May be inclined to accept offer after win.

link

Though it remains to be seen whether the team takes this bold (but wise) step, we think that Crabtree will either break or harden his position to the point of a full-season holdout within the next week or so.

That's how I see it too. If he's not signed between the second and third game of the season, then he's probably not going to sign at all. I still think he can do great things with the 9ers, and God knows the 9ers need playmakers, so I'm still hopeful that he’s going to sign even though it's close to a coin-toss now of ever happening at all.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
when has michael crabtree EVER said he was going to sit out the season? we're just getting reports from "sources".

schefter has his sources, mm has sources, PFT has sources, and they ALL seem to be saying different things.

until we hit week 10 with no contract or until we hear it from crabcakes mouth then i have to believe a deal will get done

Just a bluff so Niners would up their offer
Who knows how true this lastest report is. I hope it is but I really don't trust profootballtalk too much. Either way I feel this week we will find out alot about the situation.
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by bdiddy1724:
My honest opinion on when and if Crabtree will sign is this...

I feel if a deal is going to get done it will be before the week 2 game. By now Crabtree has to realize that the 49ers are not going to budge on there offer. He probaly feels that even if he signed today he would not play week 1 anyway so why not just roll the dice and see if the 49ers change there stance after him missing a game (its his final and only hope). If the niners hold pat both hands are now totally face up. If he doesn't sign than I don't see it happening at all.

Thats just how I see it playing out. So I will give this thing a week 2 deadline.

I think Craptree will watch this weekend Arz game with a great deal of "selfish" interest. This dude is probablly pulling for the 9ers to "lose" so everyone will start up again on how much we need Craptree. However, if the 9ers Win, Craptree loses negotiating power. That's my take.

I don't really feel wins and losses or even an injury have anything to do with it at this point. I think the niners have offered what they are going to offer.

I'm with you. But in Craptree crazy little world, I bet he is hoping the 9ers lose this weekend as fan pressure will increase to sign him.

If 9ers lose, watch the fan base cry for Crabtree, and that is what Craptree is banking on. However, I agree with you, no matter what, the 9ers rightfully should not and will not give in to Craptree outrages money demand.

One more time... this may be closer to the truth, than you all think.

Told ya.... Craptree was waiting to see if the 9ers lose.

They WON.... and now Craptree clearly recognizes the 9ers don't have to sign him.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Don't know if this was posted already, but PFT is reporting some anxiety on Crabtree's part. May be inclined to accept offer after win.

link

I particularly like this quote from the article above:
Quote:
We're told that 49ers players who spoke with Crabtree after the game detected anxiety on his part, and there's now a sense that he might be getting ready to take the offer that the 49ers have left on the table throughout training camp and the preseason.

I wonder which 49ers players are contacting him? I know Vernon hung out with him in the offseason.

Are you guys that blind, its obvious what player spoke with Crabtree

Patrick Willis also sent this to Crabtrees Cell Phone with a simple message that read
"This could be you "

boy Willis is a beast... funny post...

go niners

Sorry if this already been discussed, but I don't have time to sift through all of the pages in this thread

The Alex Smith Factor

It is rumored around the league that the 49ers have destroyed the career of first round pick Alex Smith by throwing him under the pass, and not developing him correctly. What is it, seven OCs in seven years? Inconsistency?

If I am Michael Crabtree, am I asking myself "If I am gonna play for a disfunctional organization that can't develop me into a top notch NFL receiver, they better pay me a lot of dough..."

Which wide receivers have the 49ers recently has as stars in the NFL?

But now that the 49ers have a new coach and the team is responding, and the players are excited, and have beaten the defending NFC champs on the road...Are those enough positives to prove to Crabtree that he can and will be a star receiver on this team and that this team will not ruin his career?
Originally posted by AmpLee:

I feel if a deal is going to get done it will be before the week 2 game. By now Crabtree has to realize that the 49ers are not going to budge on there offer. He probaly feels that even if he signed today he would not play week 1 anyway so why not just roll the dice and see if the 49ers change there stance after him missing a game (its his final and only hope). If the niners hold pat both hands are now totally face up. If he doesn't sign than I don't see it happening at all.

Thats just how I see it playing out. So I will give this thing a week 2 deadline.

I think Craptree will watch this weekend Arz game with a great deal of "selfish" interest. This dude is probablly pulling for the 9ers to "lose" so everyone will start up again on how much we need Craptree. However, if the 9ers Win, Craptree loses negotiating power. That's my take.

I don't really feel wins and losses or even an injury have anything to do with it at this point. I think the niners have offered what they are going to offer.

I'm with you. But in Craptree crazy little world, I bet he is hoping the 9ers lose this weekend as fan pressure will increase to sign him.

If 9ers lose, watch the fan base cry for Crabtree, and that is what Craptree is banking on. However, I agree with you, no matter what, the 9ers rightfully should not and will not give in to Craptree outrages money demand.

They WON.... and now Craptree clearly recognizes the 9ers don't have to sign him.

Are you seriously having a conversation with yourself?

yes is is

SIGN !!! so we could stop going through this madness !

If Craptree was pulling for the 9ers to Lose against the Cards simply to improve his own contract signing status......... that is just another "Red Flag" that Craptree truely is a "Me" type player.

Hes special like that, judging from a few other threads, its in his nature.
If Craptree was pulling for the 9ers to Lose against the Cards simply to improve his own contract signing status......... that is just another "Red Flag" that Craptree truely is a "Me" type player.

Other than you thinking that, where did you here that, why would you think he is even thinking that.

All of your post creating and conversing with yourself is really hurting your posting, cuz now your just making stuff up

What is seriously clear is YOU have an obsession with me...go away!
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by servegmo:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by DesiDez:

link

I particularly like this quote from the article above:
Quote:
We're told that 49ers players who spoke with Crabtree after the game detected anxiety on his part, and there's now a sense that he might be getting ready to take the offer that the 49ers have left on the table throughout training camp and the preseason.

I wonder which 49ers players are contacting him? I know Vernon hung out with him in the offseason.

Are you guys that blind, its obvious what player spoke with Crabtree

Patrick Willis also sent this to Crabtrees Cell Phone with a simple message that read
"This could be you "

boy Willis is a beast... funny post...

go niners

That's badass. Willis is the West Coast Ray Ray
Share 49ersWebzone