LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by BringBackTO:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Just saw it on Monday Morning Quarterback on ESPN2, Adam Schefter reports that multiple sources have told him that Crabtree plans to sit out the entire season and re-enter in next year's draft.

Good riddens.

If those reports are true I really hope SF ships his ass to CIN or CLE or some other small market perennial loser the day before the draft. The last thing I'd like to see is this guy get his way and end up in DAL with SF getting nothing in return.

The one thing that makes me think he will sit out is the Jamarcus Russell situation a few years ago. It was a matter of working out the contract, holding out wasn't a word being thrown around that much. With Crabtree it's been tossed around for months now.

Here's the deal, as zero commented on it above. As Peter King says, there is NO WAY Crabtree gets drafted higher than 10 in next year's draft. Therefore, he is more than likely to take a paycut + the amount of money he's lost this year.

There is no question in my mind that Crabtree knows all this. So the real debate here is WHY doesnt Crabtree want to join the team ? Im led to believe its not about the money anymore. It's either (A) he's still injured and knows he cant perform or (B) he doesnt want play here to begin with. Even star-struck players like the Chad Johnsons of the world have come out and said that they would have joined camp regardless of contract terms.

There is NO WAY I want this guy on this team. He is a CANCER, with a ME attitude (remind you of someone). Take a look at yesterday's victory. Team effort. The last thing we need is a guy that will shift focus away from the TEAM to himself. If Crabtree can pull this off without even setting a foot on the field, imagine what he'll do once he's under the spotlight.

Im glad he doesnt want to come, and Im even happier that the Niners refuse to succumb to his demands. Hopefully, we cut his salary for every week he misses, and yes.........Im in favor of trading his ass to a far inferior team BEFORE the draft.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I don't think the 49ers have any intentions on signing the guy at this point. I believe they want to save their money for next year (unless Crabtree totally caves), and try again with a different WR pick. Crabtree would be a total nonfactor this year if signed now. And since the 49ers are a run first, pass later type of offense, they probably feel like they can wait another year to find a WR to develop for the long term.

I don't think that the Niners just realized that they were a run first, pass later kind of team. If we didn't want to spend big money on a receiver, we wouldn't have drafted him in the first place.

They gave him an offer that aligns to where he was slotted in the draft. Being that he was chosen #10, that is pretty big money. And yes, the 49ers knew they were a run team all along, which is why they don't want to overspend for a rookie WR.

Right, but what I'm saying is that if the Niners didn't want to invest a lot of money into a rookie WR when they knew that they were going to be a run first team...why did we pick a WR at #10?

I don't think we want to overspend either, but I disagree with the idea that we don't want to invest too much into a rookie WR, because we already did by virtue of making the pick in the first place.

I generally support drafting the BPA, regardless of position. If we didn't want to "overspend" on him, we could have traded him on draft day.

Hindsight is 20/20. No one on draft day thought this guy was not going to sit out if he didn't get the same contract that Bay did with the Raiders.
I don't buy any of these stupid claims that he is hiding an injury now that he has been put through a work out with Dilfer who claims he looked very fit and ran good routes.

I also can't buy any of these silly claims that he doesn't want to play for the 49ERS , or doesn't like their offense , so he wants to go back in the draft. THE GUY IS STILL IN THE AREA , not a sign of anything else except that it is about the money.

IT'S ONLY ABOUT THE MONEY AND HIS OWN HIGH BELIEF IN HIMSELF AND HIS TALENT.
I don't think the 49ers have any intentions on signing the guy at this point. I believe they want to save their money for next year (unless Crabtree totally caves), and try again with a different WR pick. Crabtree would be a total nonfactor this year if signed now. And since the 49ers are a run first, pass later type of offense, they probably feel like they can wait another year to find a WR to develop for the long term.

I don't think that the Niners just realized that they were a run first, pass later kind of team. If we didn't want to spend big money on a receiver, we wouldn't have drafted him in the first place.

They gave him an offer that aligns to where he was slotted in the draft. Being that he was chosen #10, that is pretty big money. And yes, the 49ers knew they were a run team all along, which is why they don't want to overspend for a rookie WR.

Right, but what I'm saying is that if the Niners didn't want to invest a lot of money into a rookie WR when they knew that they were going to be a run first team...why did we pick a WR at #10?

I don't think we want to overspend either, but I disagree with the idea that we don't want to invest too much into a rookie WR, because we already did by virtue of making the pick in the first place.

I generally support drafting the BPA, regardless of position. If we didn't want to "overspend" on him, we could have traded him on draft day.

Hindsight is 20/20. No one on draft day thought this guy was not going to sit out if he didn't get the same contract that Bay did with the Raiders.

Really, though? I seem to recall everyone creaming themselves over getting the best WR as a steal at #10, after the Raiders had already selected Darrius Heyward-Bey. Didn't Brady Quinn and Matt Leinart have similar hissy fits?

As much as I'm perturbed with Crabtree, I'm definitely disappointed in the team's handling of this situation. Crabtree's tradable value is sinking by the day.

I don't know how you can criticise the team's handling of the situation bearing in mind we have not been privvy to the negotiations.

He can't be traded until next year, so I don't know how his tradable value can be sinking by the day.
  • XaNaDu
  • Info N/A
One good thing right now is Carolina is 0-1. And if Jake keeps playing like he did yesterday, we can end up with a pretty decent wideout in next draft. Right now I feel that we need a Pass rusher, O-lineman, QB, and a wideout (in that order). But, season has just started, by the end of this season, our needs will probably change or hopefully become less than 4 options.

[ Edited by XaNaDu on Sep 14, 2009 at 10:39:34 ]
  • rum53
  • Veteran
It's time for the 49ers to break out their trump card - Coach Singletary. He has the perfect opportunity to communicate to Crabtree. Singletary is a Hall-of-Fame player that can speak to Crabtree in a position of authority.

There is still time to salvage Crabtree's career as a 49er. We need someone outside of the negotiation to communicate to Crabtree that he is endangering his NFL career with this ill construed holdout. That person is to be Coach Singletary.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
My suspicion is this:

Crabtree is simply trying to hedge his bets against being a bust. I suspect, he is flat out scared (for whatever reason) that he is not going to live up to his hype. He would like to guarantee, as much as possible, that he will not be a bust.

That's not going to happen, at some point you gotta get out there and EARN it...he's trying to get around that. He didn't run in the combine, why? He was AFRAID he would hurt his stock. Like the combine, that is where he is now too...he is afraid (for whatever reason) his stock will never be higher than what it is now.

Essentially, he's a p***y.

Just my suspicion.
Originally posted by rum53:
It's time for the 49ers to break out their trump card - Coach Singletary. He has the perfect opportunity to communicate to Crabtree. Singletary is a Hall-of-Fame player that can speak to Crabtree in a position of authority.

There is still time to salvage Crabtree's career as a 49er. We need someone outside of the negotiation to communicate to Crabtree that he is endangering his NFL career with this ill construed holdout. That person is to be Coach Singletary.

I'd rather send a hitman at this point.
  • jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
I really think we will end up trading the rights to Crabtree. He will not enter the 2010 draft. An offer will most likely come from a team in the bottom part of the first round. Ultimately, having 3 first rounders could be huge for us if we draft properly. All in all, I hope Scotty is on his way out after this year. I think this Crabtree issue will empower Jed York to send Scotty packing.

Crabs and his agent had some negotiating power for about two weeks this offseason, now, he is pretty much at the will of how the 2009 NFL Season plays out.
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by rum53:

I'd rather send a hitman at this point.

Crabtree is a young and stupid 22y/o kid. There is plenty of time to get his head on straight. We have a team filled with hard working, stand-up players such as Willis, Gore and even VD. We also have one of the most stand-up coaches in the league. We have a strong organization that can deal with a malcontent rookie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!!!
Originally posted by jerryricefan80:
I really think we will end up trading the rights to Crabtree. He will not enter the 2010 draft. An offer will most likely come from a team in the bottom part of the first round. Ultimately, having 3 first rounders could be huge for us if we draft properly. All in all, I hope Scotty is on his way out after this year. I think this Crabtree issue will empower Jed York to send Scotty packing.

Crabs and his agent had some negotiating power for about two weeks this offseason, now, he is pretty much at the will of how the 2009 NFL Season plays out.

So tell me again why it's Scot's fault that Crabtree is still holding out? Crabtree was a top 5 player in the last draft that fell to #10 due to injury and not performing in the combine. We picked the best player on the 49er board that got everyone excited. No one would have ever thought Crabtree was going to hold out. If I was the GM and the top wide receiver in the draft fell to our spot, I would've selected him.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by GodismyLight:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
well if he doesn't sign soon he better get used to a similar uniform...

b!tch i said 6 inch not foot long, get back there and do it again.

Wow!

Just LOOK at the superstar.

1 year ago he was the s*$t in college. A whole year ago. Wow.

I want to buy that sandwich because a superstar, year ago, diva, super-sit, work out with Dilf, lives in the bay or something, bad ass eats one.

Subway should increase his salary, he is well worth it.

People are just flocking into Subways because he is so amazing.

If I'm not mistaken, Subway has already filmed commercials with Michael Crabtree in them. I don't think they can show those commercials unless he is under contract with an NFL team? Of course those TV spots would be aired during NFL games. They have an ad campaign designed around him!

He is no longer on TEAM JORDAN roster. Was he ever on there?
Here is the like to Jordan Website click on the Team Jordan Tab( bottom left)

Link(not like) sorry.

i think he was ever part of team jordan. i heard he has a contract with nike

I slightly remember going to official Jordan website and seeing him on the roster before, he is not on it now.

Here is some linkage.

http://www.jordandepot.com/jordan-brand-signs-michael-crabtree/http://www.nikeblog.com/2009/07/21/michael-crabtree-joins-jordan-brand/

[ Edited by GodismyLight on Sep 14, 2009 at 10:54:26 ]
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
*in Santiago's (from The Old Man and the Sea) voice*

"Crabtree, I do this for you."

*kisses tip of middle finger, extends it toward Crabtree*
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Tru2RedNGold25.
Plain & simple hes a cowgirl fan...............really hates the niners, the money thing is just a excuse not to play for the greatest franchise in NFL history

F**k Crabtree!!!!!!!!

lets move on from this fiasco
Share 49ersWebzone