LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
It's over. Deion is extremely close to Crabs and he's definitely feeding his ego.
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Crabtree won't be in a Niners uniform period. We'll trade his draft rights after the season.

I hate that f**king rule...we should be able to trade his right up to the 6th week just like any other player. I'd like to sign him but I'd rather have someone who whats to play football.

That's where goodell needs to get his ass off of his high horse and extend the deadline. We are honoring the NFL's system to their benefit and our loss. Absolute BS.
Unreal. Its TWENTY FRICKIN MILLION DOLLARS. I dont even have twenty frickin dollars in my wallet right now!!! You're passing up 20 MILLION?!?!?
Dumbass needs to take the cash. If you turn out to be the Willis of the offense, we re-do your contract in a couple/few years and pay you whatever the hell you want...if you turn out to be a dud, we cut your ass and ya go fishing with Rashaun frickin Woods. I'm so glad I didnt fork over the cash and buy a Crabs jersey. I bought my 1st authentic when we drafted Vernon...I've worn it once...it hangs in my closet...basically brand new. Still waiting for him to earn his worth. We really needed a 1st rounder to step it this year and help the team progress, and we basically wasted a pick. Couldnt have seen it coming, and I dont blame the team. Stand our ground and dont give in to this guy. See ya Crabby, we hardly knew ye.
Maybe it's just me, but outside of the "2 teams that wanted to trade for him", I didn't hear anything else that was new:
Per Deion:
- Mike is willing to sit out the year: that's been speculated.
- Mike wants more than what the 9ers have offered for #10 slot: that's been speculated as well.

Nothing's really changed? Or am I missing something?
Deion says the kid ain't hurting for money, I think Crabtree really does not want to play the 49ers and will only do so if they overpay for him.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Never heard of an NFL anyalst getting involved in a contract dispute in between a player and a team and just coming out all for the player and trashing the team the player is in a contract dispute with. Very unprofessional but at the end of the day, we got fuc$ed!

Man oh man this is bad

Let NFL Network know you don't appreciate Sanders getting involved in a contract dispute and trashing the Niners for offering him 16 Million in this economy.

[email protected]

Being out of work right now, I find this disgusting!
He did say they want the 49ers to meet half way. They seem pretty desperate to do this interview now so close to the start of the season. I also think the 49ers contract offer can be better than what it is to make Crabtree sign.
Never heard of an NFL anyalst getting involved in a contract dispute in between a player and a team and just coming out all for the player and trashing the team the player is in a contract dispute with. Very unprofessional but at the end of the day, we got fuc$ed!

Man oh man this is bad

NFL Network has disappointed me once again.

Thing that stood out to me was:

Deion said they are about 8 million apart in negotiations

and that crabtree and parker are willing to meet halfway

So is 4 million dollars (over 5 years) really worth losing a top 10 pick?

I dont think so...
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Crabtree won't be in a Niners uniform period. We'll trade his draft rights after the season.

I hate that f**king rule...we should be able to trade his right up to the 6th week just like any other player. I'd like to sign him but I'd rather have someone who whats to play football.

That's where goodell needs to get his ass off of his high horse and extend the deadline. We are honoring the NFL's system to their benefit and our loss. Absolute BS.

As if we haven't suffered enough the past 5-6 years. Nothing but losing seasons, draft pick busts, horrible coaching and now this. Other than Willis and Gore, its pretty much been a disastrous 5 years.

Let's not forget that Crabtee's uncle and Adviser David Wells used to be Michael Irvin's bodyguard and has done business with Irvin. Im telling you, Deion, Michael irvin and the Cowboys have their handprints all over this whole situation.
Let's not forget that Crabtee's uncle and Adviser David Wells used to be Michael Irvin's bodyguard and has done business with Irvin. Im telling you, Deion, Michael irvin and the Cowboys have their handprints all over this whole situation.

At this point, I wouldn't care if they all got hit by trucks...
Does Craptree know that when your a high draft pick usually the team has a bad QB. Every thing about Craptree since the minute he was drafted has been negative and just proved how big of a diva this guy is.
Here is the sum of Deon's interview:

Create artificial leverage for Micheal Crabtree.

"two teams were seeking a trade for Crabtree", "the slot system is B.S. blah blah blah"
I hate how smug Deion was when he said that Crabtree didn't need the money now.

Well, at this point two things can conceivably happen:
1) We get Crabtree signed and everyone's happy again.
2) Crabtree doesn't sign and ends up playing for some random team like the Cardinals and he gets to meet the wrong side of Patrick Willis

[ Edited by showtime49 on Sep 4, 2009 at 17:11:57 ]
Share 49ersWebzone