LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

How much worse can Davis do?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How much worse can Davis do?

Let hill and smith get killed davis can hang back and leard he'll be a great number 2 to Colt next year
HAHAHAH, THE CHOICES OF ANSWERS FOR THIS QUESTION CRACKS ME UP

hahahahaha

YES OR NO HAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHA IM' SORRY, BUT THIS MADE MY NIGHT

HHAHAH, This is so FUNNY!!!!!

YES OR NO Seriously?????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not going to vote; not enough data.

HOWEVER: if Sanchez, Stafford, et all can start why not Davis? Let's not forget our O line is better, WR better, RB stable better, and the D is better, than when Smith started.

NOT to mention Davis has shown big time presence, arm and decision making, Smith did not and that accelerated his whole dismal rooky year.

So to all of us who are snake bit from the Alex Smith experience; it was a lot of Smith to go along with near 0 talentless team.

The situation is NOT the same..

If Hill plays near lights out, fantastic! If he plays ok, ok. If Smith plays like he has for 5 years, ya, ya, he missed 1.5, then guess who gets a shot if Hill gets hurt and Smith flails as usual??

It's ok. Better though if he gets some series every now and then and Hill plays out, we must know before the draft next year..

GO NINERS 2009!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd rather have Hill start for now. Let Davis sit and learn the offense instead of throwing him into the fire like we did Alex Smith. Remember Davis has only played against 3rd stringers so far. Hill has proven he can manage a game and get us a win so lets let him do that while Davis sits and learns.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Maybe?
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Playing Davis at all this year as a starter would be disgusting, and I would lose a huge chunk of faith in the 49ers as a whole.

I wouldnt agree with you on this one... I think that bringing him in blowout situations to simply run out the clock could benefit him by simply getting him used the being on the field in a regluar season game.

Would minimize the butterflys that he might get when he actually becomes the starter in future years.

Highly unlikely Nate ever is deemed our regular starter imo. It's possible, but he would have to be a special player and I am not convinced he is. History is certainly against him. I do love his game, but I will save my excitement for when he shows similar poise and performance against someone other then scrubs.
My shame and profound sorrow for niner fans around the globe grows deeper every day...
Originally posted by Marion:
Everybody knows that Hill is a stopgap at best and Smith is better off somewhere else. How worse can Davis do? The best part about a 7-9 team at best is that he'll be back next year. Continuity. Elaborate guys

How worse can Davis do?

Yes or no?

WTF is going on in this thread?
Share 49ersWebzone