LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Wanna see Crabtree? Tune to ESPN2 now!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by socalniner:
I blame Deion

Anyone that listens to Deion is truly a Bit**!!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Some of you people are overreacting, The NFL Network did a similar segment/feature on Crabtree a week after the draft and no one was b***hing about him then and he was acting and looking the same way like he did in this ESPN feature.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of the people hating on Crabtree now will be signing his praises and kissing his ass come November and December.

No doubt about that.

Actually i have stated it before, i Think he is overrated and always thought he acted like a lil b***h, because im a Longhorn Fan. So to say no one was b***hing then is false. I'm still pissed we didn't get Orakpo or a f**king Lineman.

Actually, I was impressed with Michael Oher on the show. He appeared very smart and hard working, and grateful for his opportunity.

Plus he seemed really tough, with that nasty streak needed for an OL. One segment showed a preseason game and he locked up a DLineman, wrestled with him, then absolutely pancaked the guy. Pretty impressive.

Easy to see why Singletary liked him, maybe even over Crabby, in the draft. Oh well, 20/20 hindsight doesn't help.

Yeah Oher sounded more articulate than I thought he would be and he just sounded grateful to be in the NFL and just to be alive. We were supposed to build our team with guys like Oher who just love and want to play football and have overcome a lot to be where they are at now. Frank Gore and Chilo Rachal are two guys like that, but certainly Michael Crabtree isn't.

That being said, I was estatic when Crabtree fell to the 49ers at 10 and would have been pissed if we didn't take him, we needed (need) a playmaker, we almost had to take Crabtree. Im just starting to wonder if it's McCloughan and the 49ers at fault for not getting Crabtree in here. I have heard mixed story's on what Crabtree is really asking for and I think the 49ers could be a little more aggressive in trying to get a deal done with Crabs. Maybe they are and we don't see it but I don't think they are from what I have read.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
you overreact with your team because you love your team and it's players.

So let me get this straight.. Since we love our team and it's players so much, we overreact and talk sh*t about a player that will eventually be a big part of the team and it's success. That makes sense

Don't get me wrong, I do know what you're getting at, but like I said, I can't understand some of these people and their flip-flop ways. I just don't see the point in bashing somebody that most of these people will jock when he finally signs. Why not just hold off on the sh*t talking in the first place?

Then again, I might be thinking too logically for this particular forum.

I don't know about talking sh*t about the player until he does something to deserve it. Then again I can't speak for everyone in this forum. I know that a lot of us can overreact because we just want Crabtree to get on board and be a part of this team. Frustration sets in. I don't condone calling him names and all that. Like I said earlier he will get my respect when he earns it. He certainly has not started on the right foot by holding out.
Some of you people are overreacting, The NFL Network did a similar segment/feature on Crabtree a week after the draft and no one was b***hing about him then and he was acting and looking the same way like he did in this ESPN feature.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of the people hating on Crabtree now will be signing his praises and kissing his ass come November and December.

No doubt about that.

Actually i have stated it before, i Think he is overrated and always thought he acted like a lil b***h, because im a Longhorn Fan. So to say no one was b***hing then is false. I'm still pissed we didn't get Orakpo or a f**king Lineman.

Actually, I was impressed with Michael Oher on the show. He appeared very smart and hard working, and grateful for his opportunity.

Plus he seemed really tough, with that nasty streak needed for an OL. One segment showed a preseason game and he locked up a DLineman, wrestled with him, then absolutely pancaked the guy. Pretty impressive.

Easy to see why Singletary liked him, maybe even over Crabby, in the draft. Oh well, 20/20 hindsight doesn't help.

Yeah Oher sounded more articulate than I thought he would be and he just sounded grateful to be in the NFL and just to be alive. We were supposed to build our team with guys like Oher who just love and want to play football and have overcome a lot to be where they are at now. Frank Gore and Chilo Rachal are two guys like that, but certainly Michael Crabtree isn't.

That being said, I was estatic when Crabtree fell to the 49ers at 10 and would have been pissed if we didn't take him, we needed (need) a playmaker, we almost had to take Crabtree. Im just starting to wonder if it's McCloughan and the 49ers at fault for not getting Crabtree in here. I have heard mixed story's on what Crabtree is really asking for and I think the 49ers could be a little more aggressive in trying to get a deal done with Crabs. Maybe they are and we don't see it but I don't think they are from what I have read.

i wouldve been pissed off as well if we didnt take crabtree after all that jumping and excitement i had as he dropped. but going back to oher dude is a great character and i didnt realize watching him on hey rookie dude looks well built and not soft looking like a lot of linemen do. dude didnt have no gut hanging over his pants. i also loved what he said after he was drafted, hes gonna be a really good 1
Originally posted by ads_2006:

No doubt about that.

If we selected orakpo or oher while crabtree was still on the board, the webzone would have exploded.

No-one could have seen the holdout coming

Well i know it couldn't have been predicted with the Holdout, i just thought the guy was over-hyped. He could be more of a product of the system. And it's not like Texas Tech was facing Top ranked defenses week in and week out. The hardest defenses he faced all year last year was Oklahoma and Texas (with majority freshman and Sophmores in the secondary). He did face Ol Miss in the Bowl game but got hurt so it doesnt really count.

out of 12 games he crossed 100 yards four times. In the Big 12 mind you, were defenses are not known.
So hopefully he proves me wrong, but i just was not excited when he was drafted.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

No doubt about that.

i wouldve been pissed off as well if we didnt take crabtree after all that jumping and excitement i had as he dropped. but going back to oher dude is a great character and i didnt realize watching him on hey rookie dude looks well built and not soft looking like a lot of linemen do. dude didnt have no gut hanging over his pants. i also loved what he said after he was drafted, hes gonna be a really good 1

Like virtually everyone else, I'd a been po'd if we didn't take Crabby at #10 also. I heard a report somewhere that McCloughan had to talk Singletary into Crabby over Oher somewhat, for like a minute or so. Obviously, no one has a crystal ball.

Same with the present situation, though. Rather than do what Oakland did with DHB (stupidly overpaying him by ALOT), I hope the Niners stick to their guns w/ Crabby.

Crabby may be great, he may be lousy; but he should understand that he's playing for his SECOND contract, and just accept his rookie contract as an entrance to the NFL. One thing's for sure: if he doesn't sign and play, he's a guaranteed bust, by his own doing.

On the other hand, I heard that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are hiring.

[ Edited by oldninerdude on Sep 2, 2009 at 16:26:33 ]

No doubt about that.

McCloughan and Singletary bought Crabtree in for a visit..........

-9fA

No doubt about that.

If we selected orakpo or oher while crabtree was still on the board, the webzone would have exploded.

Well i know it couldn't have been predicted with the Holdout, i just thought the guy was over-hyped. He could be more of a product of the system. And it's not like Texas Tech was facing Top ranked defenses week in and week out. The hardest defenses he faced all year last year was Oklahoma and Texas (with majority freshman and Sophmores in the secondary). He did face Ol Miss in the Bowl game but got hurt so it doesnt really count.

out of 12 games he crossed 100 yards four times. In the Big 12 mind you, were defenses are not known. So hopefully he proves me wrong, but i just was not excited when he was drafted.

That's his sophmore year when he was playing with a bad hammy.

His freshman season he racked up 9 130+ yard games and 11 100 yard games.
He can sign for a billion dollars, but he still has to have catchable passes thrown his way.....
Originally posted by carlgo:
He can sign for a billion dollars, but he still has to have catchable passes thrown his way.....

Originally posted by tjd808185:

No doubt about that.

out of 12 games he crossed 100 yards four times. In the Big 12 mind you, were defenses are not known. So hopefully he proves me wrong, but i just was not excited when he was drafted.

That's his sophmore year when he was playing with a bad hammy.

His freshman season he racked up 9 130+ yard games and 11 100 yard games.

Last Season he crossed 100 yards only 4 times. He could very well be a product of the System. The Big Twelve is not known for Defenses. The Best defense in the Big 12 was Oklahoma or Texas.

GAME BY GAME STATISTICS: ReceivingReturnsRushingTotal Offense 2008 | 2007 | Hide Stats
2008 OPPONENTS No Yds Avg TD
E. Washington (Aug. 30) 9 73 8.1 1
at Nevada (Sep. 6) 7 158 22.6 1
SMU (Sep. 13) 8 164 20.5 3
Massachusetts (Sep. 20) 5 62 12.4 1
at Kansas State (Oct. 4) 9 107 11.9 2
Nebraska (Oct. 11) 5 89 17.8 2
at Texas A&M (Oct. 18) 8 71 8.9 2
at Kansas (Oct. 25) 9 70 7.8 2
Texas (Nov. 1) 10 127 12.7 1
OK State (Nov. 8) 8 89 11.1 3
at Oklahoma (Nov. 22) 6 62 10.3 0
Baylor (Nov. 29) 9 63 7.0 0

and that's not including the Bowl game. but to be honest he got hurt that game.

[ Edited by aacadena on Sep 2, 2009 at 17:16:22 ]
so when they replaying this?
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Right now, I could give a damn about that dude. As far as I'm concerned, he's not even a Niner until he f*cken signs. In the mean time he can blow himself.

GAME BY GAME STATISTICS: ReceivingReturnsRushingTotal Offense 2008 | 2007 | Hide Stats
2008 OPPONENTS No Yds Avg TD
E. Washington (Aug. 30) 9 73 8.1 1
at Nevada (Sep. 6) 7 158 22.6 1
SMU (Sep. 13) 8 164 20.5 3
Massachusetts (Sep. 20) 5 62 12.4 1
at Kansas State (Oct. 4) 9 107 11.9 2
Nebraska (Oct. 11) 5 89 17.8 2
at Texas A&M (Oct. 18) 8 71 8.9 2
at Kansas (Oct. 25) 9 70 7.8 2
Texas (Nov. 1) 10 127 12.7 1
OK State (Nov. 8) 8 89 11.1 3
at Oklahoma (Nov. 22) 6 62 10.3 0
Baylor (Nov. 29) 9 63 7.0 0

and that's not including the Bowl game. but to be honest he got hurt that game.

Yards aint everything, look at the far right number... 6 multi Touchdown games, and touchdowns in all but the last two games of the season when he was hurtin. The only stat in football that matters is your win column.
All the signs point to another troubling INDIVIDUAL who will continually have demands. I doubt that he will be a TEAM PLAYER rather than a ME ME type player.

At this point, I don't think that it would be a big loss if the 49er's doesn't sign him. In fact they may be better off in the long run in terms of the teams cohesiveness.

A selfish individual can be disruptive to a team and Mike Singletary certainly doesn't need that this early in his coaching career.
Share 49ersWebzone