There are 177 users in the forums

Breaking News: 49ers release Damon Huard

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
BREAKING NEWS:

49ers Release QB Chandler from the Sitcom "Friends"

They look so much alike that it is scary!!!
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Why in the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF is Alex Smith still on the team ??

i have no f**king clue maybe they think he has value in the future to trade or somthing like that !

Which clearly means Huard did not. Thus the right decision was made. End of that silly story...

Great to see Nate make the team. Not only that, he impressed the coaches enough, that the team didn't even wait a week to let Huard go. This kid has "feel good story" written all over him.
Originally posted by yoyo49:
Bunch of Big Babies on this board.

"Alex Smith should have been cut"

"Why is Alex Smith still on the team"

"If he wasn't the overall #1 pick he would be gone"

"Wa Wa Wa"

He's on the team, everybody knew he would be on this team, and he will be the back up.

Nomatter how many times you guys cry about wanting him off the team on this board its not gonna happen this year. And it is extremely likely that he will start at some point this season.

You guys just need to find a way to deal with it and stop crying about it. The season starts in two weeks and SMITH'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Deal with it......

-9fA
Good move for both sides. Huard had almost zero chance of starting -- let him sign with a team so he could possibly start or be a worthy backup.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

"Wa Wa Wa"

He's on the team, everybody knew he would be on this team, and he will be the back up.

Nomatter how many times you guys cry about wanting him off the team on this board its not gonna happen this year. And it is extremely likely that he will start at some point this season.

You guys just need to find a way to deal with it and stop crying about it. The season starts in two weeks and SMITH'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Deal with it......

-9fA

Yes because you would rather live with mediocrity for another season.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

"Wa Wa Wa"

Deal with it......

-9fA

Than the greatness that is Damon Huard?

-9fA
Making room tarvis jackson

Great move.Now just work and develope the kid get him some good reps with the starters as well as working with the 2nd team,then we might have something here.Not saying he is the answer,but then again who knows how he'll be till he is tried.Hill may not last the season if he is injured,the same for Smith.The salary crap(cap) as well as ownership may not be willing to fork over the $ to risk getting another Q/B that don't produce.I think we are working with something here for what we do have.Don't be suprised that this kid is more ready than what some people believe he is.I'm jus say'n
I don't think Sing is wed to any particular player. I am gald that he made the decision and let Huard go and is voting solidly for Hill, Smith, and Davis. Shows decisiveness to me. Now it will be interesting to see what he does with Nate Clements. If Nate doesn't play any better than in the preseason will Sing sit him down and play someone else?

"Wa Wa Wa"

Deal with it......

-9fA

++49

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

"Wa Wa Wa"

Deal with it......

-9fA

++49

cutting smith would result in cap hits and he has guaranteed $$. Cutting Huard costs nothing and he has no real upside. Alex at least is still young and could develop down the road (though right now he sucks)
Originally posted by alburns:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

"Wa Wa Wa"

Deal with it......

-9fA

++49

cutting smith would result in cap hits and he has guaranteed $$. Cutting Huard costs nothing and he has no real upside. Alex at least is still young and could develop down the road (though right now he sucks)

I've said all along he was the ODD man out. It made it even more obvious during the last pre-season game when he was only in for one series before Davis took over.

Smith will stick around for a while unless some miraculous thing happens like someone releases (which is unlikely) a good experience QB.

But this is Smith's last chance and if he doesn't perform this year, I'll bet that the 49er'
s drafts a QB and Smith is out next year!
(although I like his work ethic and determination)Hill is questionable because of his back. He might have to sit out part of the season with a bad back and a injury of some sort.I'm still pulling for Hill tho'.Smith I remember his '07 year.He showed a lot of potential at that point. He was healthy and he had a good O/C (Norv T)who,knew what to do with him. Like the fellow said above with the salary cap and the loss of $ in a trade and Smith still being a young and possibly a good Q/B,under better guidance,it was a good decision to keep him.No matter the NINERS are doing the best with what they have, to make room for other younger players with promise
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Damon WHO? lol who cares he was garbage anyway even though i dnt like nate he has way MORE upside
Share 49ersWebzone