There are 259 users in the forums

Jerry Sullivan (WR Coach)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It starts at the top we need a new GM to get us better coaches and better players. This is ridiculous.

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 8, 2009 at 17:45:34 ]
he should take them to the batting cages so they can take some hits to the head from baseballs (like happy gilmore) for toughness to get rid of the alligator arms. after they can practice catching them
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by susweel:
Yah he tells them to go out and drop passes.

well, he isn't showing any of our receivers how to catch, that's for sure. if this were 1-2 year issue, i would be ok with it but this has gone on for 3-4 years.

Just maybe our players are not very good.
Sometimes coaches costantly are telling the player to do this and do that or think about this and think about that. As from the Johnson article, he says he doesn't try to over coach. From past articles, it seems like Sullivan may over coach. What does have to do with anything? Players dot focus well when they are hinking too much. Crabtree IS a sure handed receiver but he's a rookie and lack of focus will come. Vernon has enough trouble with trying to learn the offense so his focus on catching th ball is not 100%. Just a thoery but I could be wrong.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
we have STUD talent and some #1 picks that are dropping balls more than they probably did in college. They are over hyped receivers but Jerry Sullivan should be able to coach them into Pro Bowlers...that's his job. I haven't seen enough progression.

BRING BACK "THE GOAT"
We could replace any coach and I wouldn't care. What has it gotten us? Another lousy season.
  • Mex49
It's time we talk about all of Singletary's little helpers.

I'll start with Sullivan. What can you honestly say he has done here in a decade. So many receivers, it's like crying wolf. At some point it's time to question the the guy making the calls. Sure we understand not everyone is HOF( like our coach) but can Sullivan develop one guy that can make a difference. What's with all the tipped balls, sure alex is 50% at fault but what about the other 50%? Sullivan or his boss should be answering many questions tomorrow.

Special Team. Do we have one?
he turned mediocre players like arnaz battle and josh morgan into decent nfl players.
Originally posted by Mex49:

I'll start with Sullivan. What can you honestly say he has done here in a decade. So many receivers, it's like crying wolf. At some point it's time to question the the guy making the calls. Sure we understand not everyone is HOF( like our coach) but can Sullivan develop one guy that can make a difference. What's with all the tipped balls, sure alex is 50% at fault but what about the other 50%? Sullivan or his boss should be answering many questions tomorrow.

Jerry Sullivan sucks..He should have been fired this off season..Another Singletary mistake. Kurt Schottenheimer hasn't done anything either. And I am beginning to lose faith in Manusky.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

Jerry Sullivan sucks..He should have been fired this off season..Another Singletary mistake. Kurt Schottenheimer hasn't done anything either. And I am beginning to lose faith in Manusky.

I didn't mention Jimmy Raye because it is the obvious.

Is Sullivan a new scapegoat? He isn't the problem... get real.
  • Mex49

I didn't mention Jimmy Raye because it is the obvious.

Apparently, we are only allowed to talk Sullivan in this thread. I'll meet you later when we are merged somewhere else
  • Mex49
Originally posted by sacniner:
Is Sullivan a new scapegoat? He isn't the problem... get real.

It's coaching man. I started with sullivan because he is our longest running coach with our team now. In all his time, what has be done? If he or any of our assistant coaches applied for a new job tomorrow, what would they look back on as an accomplishment? What would Sullivan say he did here with the 49 errs in Ten damn years.

And it soesnt stop with him. We are un prepared every week and that is coaching. Defending anyone associated with this team makes you look like you don't know football or our team
I bet this mofo gonna be pissed haha. Another pass over for Sullivan for OC.
Originally posted by GlenCoffeesNuts:
I bet this mofo gonna be pissed haha. Another pass over for Sullivan for OC.

I think we'll finally know who the RAT is..lol.

If the Rat is still running free...then it was Sully all this time...

if the Rat has been silenced, it was most likely Johnson...lol..now he got his new gig.
Share 49ersWebzone