There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gut Check for the Super Fans!

Gut Check for the Super Fans!

Bottom line is the only thing that matters are wins and we are 3-0. Problem is we could be 0-3 and we have a lot of work to do. We have come along way since 2004 but we have a ways to go yet.
Damn...I sure hope we don't end up in the Super Bowel!
I think people will be surprised by how physical and tough our team is. Those 2 a days, nutcrackers, and running the hill will pay off. Plus all those padded practices when most teams were in shorts. I think our receivers will be much better once they get their legs back from all those 2 a days. You'll really see the results toward the 2nd half of the season when most teams start to fade, ours will be ready to keep going. I think the preseason games were a little ragged, but I think its from training camp. Next week is virtually a bye week and all our starters will be rested and refreshed, plus in better shape, to kick the bleep out of the tards!!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,555
It's only preseason but it is obvious the success of the team will fall on the hands of the running game and defense. The QBs and receivers look like garbage. The bright spots we have two great kickers in Nedney and Lee and that will help a lot toward winning those 14-10 games. Coffee and Sheets look like great additions to the running game. Until this team finds a pass rush and a QB it will struggle to win 7-9 games.
Gonna be a LOT of dissapointer Zoners when reality finally slap's em in the face.
What the hell guys. We didn't lose anybody of significance during the offseason except maybe Bryant Johnson, and if Crabtree signs then he could easily replace him. At worst we're looking at another 7-9 season. Yes our pass rush is bad IN f**kING PRESEASON. WHO THE f**k CARES. If you guys are just going to b***h and moan about our team, then GTFO. If we do poorly this year, I will acknowledge that you Negative Nancys were right, but now, just stop. GO NINERS.

[ Edited by pwilly52 on Aug 31, 2009 at 08:57:28 ]
  • Squirrel
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by pwilly52:
What the hell guys. We didn't lose anybody of significance during the offseason except maybe Bryant Johnson, and if Crabtree signs then he could easily replace him. At worst we're looking at another 7-9 season. Yes our pass rush is bad IN f**kING PRESEASON. WHO THE f**k CARES. If you guys are just going to b***h and moan about our team, then GTFO. If we do poorly this year, I will acknowledge that you Negative Nancys were right, but now, just stop. GO NINERS.

I'd like to add to this if I may:

We also have the Second Coming of Joe Montana: Shaun Hill is the best quarterback on our team and the best to play since Joe. We have be there to support him.
Nate need to become our QB. I like seeing spirals, not ducks.
1. We have no wide receiver threat - it has been completely absent. Brandon Jones - Out, Crabtree - unsigned, Josh Morgan - disappointing, etc. We have not improved since last year.

2. We have no QBs - aside from the flashes of talent from Nate Davis. The QB competition this year has been between two players who haven't shown us anything. The 49ers should have brought in a proven veteran QB to compete for the starting job, not wasting time with Damon Huard. After the fiasco with Kurt Warner, the 49ers gave up in their search. Again - we have not improved since last year.

3. We don't have a pass rush. This is obvious. We brought in a special coach just for that purpose and no results.

4. The secondary at times looked suspect, even though we have been getting a good number of INTs.

5. The pass protection is vulnerable and still needs work.

6. The only main area of improvement this year - the running game. We have seen the new guys Coffee and Sheets tear it up and o-line creating some good holes. We expected this because this is what Jimmy Raye was brought in to do.

7. This is not the time for the "It's still pre-season. calm down." attitude. We already played three and we have won them all. Remember, it has been the second and third stringers that have come back to win these games.
  • Crown
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,148
We are all well aware of the possible shortfalls of this team

Your mission: choose to watch this young team develop under a new coach.

If you can't stomach it: choose another team and come back when the wins do.

I am going to stick it out.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
1. We have no wide receiver threat - it has been completely absent. Brandon Jones - Out, Crabtree - unsigned, Josh Morgan - disappointing, etc. We have not improved since last year.

2. We have no QBs - aside from the flashes of talent from Nate Davis. The QB competition this year has been between two players who haven't shown us anything. The 49ers should have brought in a proven veteran QB to compete for the starting job, not wasting time with Damon Huard. After the fiasco with Kurt Warner, the 49ers gave up in their search. Again - we have not improved since last year.

3. We don't have a pass rush. This is obvious. We brought in a special coach just for that purpose and no results.

4. The secondary at times looked suspect, even though we have been getting a good number of INTs.

5. The pass protection is vulnerable and still needs work.

6. The only main area of improvement this year - the running game. We have seen the new guys Coffee and Sheets tear it up and o-line creating some good holes. We expected this because this is what Jimmy Raye was brought in to do.

7. This is not the time for the "It's still pre-season. calm down." attitude. We already played three and we have won them all. Remember, it has been the second and third stringers that have come back to win these games.

[video]null[/video]
Originally posted by Crown:
We are all well aware of the possible shortfalls of this team

Your mission: choose to watch this young team develop under a new coach.

If you can't stomach it: choose another team and come back when the wins do.

I am going to stick it out.

Well put.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 48,310
You forgot Patrick Willis is a cowboy fan
Originally posted by 415fan:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
1. We have no wide receiver threat - it has been completely absent. Brandon Jones - Out, Crabtree - unsigned, Josh Morgan - disappointing, etc. We have not improved since last year.

2. We have no QBs - aside from the flashes of talent from Nate Davis. The QB competition this year has been between two players who haven't shown us anything. The 49ers should have brought in a proven veteran QB to compete for the starting job, not wasting time with Damon Huard. After the fiasco with Kurt Warner, the 49ers gave up in their search. Again - we have not improved since last year.

3. We don't have a pass rush. This is obvious. We brought in a special coach just for that purpose and no results.

4. The secondary at times looked suspect, even though we have been getting a good number of INTs.

5. The pass protection is vulnerable and still needs work.

6. The only main area of improvement this year - the running game. We have seen the new guys Coffee and Sheets tear it up and o-line creating some good holes. We expected this because this is what Jimmy Raye was brought in to do.

7. This is not the time for the "It's still pre-season. calm down." attitude. We already played three and we have won them all. Remember, it has been the second and third stringers that have come back to win these games.

[video]null[/video]

LOL THIS ^
Why are you surprised? What did you expect this season?

We gained a better running game and weakened our passing game with the addition of Raye of Martz.

Without Martz we will have less turnovers and sacks which are game killers, especially those QB fumbles. It looks like we have kept turnovers down this pre season which is good.

Yes Shaun Hill and Smith both aren't very good. Hill may be a better gamer then Smith. Nate Davis looks like a serviceable third stringer.

Pass rush still blows. The announcer said "Romo could build a house back there." That is terrible. Besides J. Smith, our D line is awful. Reggie Smith has been creating a lot of turnover and Goldston looks like he is flying all over the field. T. Brown always shows flashes and Bly looks decent in coverage.

Special Teams looks good.

VD Davis looks better as a reciever and is a blocking master. If we get Crabtree in there to see if he can get some seperation unlike any of our other recievers, we can be a decent 9-7 team and maybe take the sorry NFC west.