LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Biggest preseason dissapointment to me: Josh Morgan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by fan49:
how about hill imo biggest preseason dissappointment

edit- wait, are you talking about Shaun or Jason...if you're talking about Jason keep reading.

How...he has better #s than all of our WRs..... and to be honest I never understood how Morgan ever moved passed him on the depth chart last year. Hill was drafted higher, but I guess the team sees more potential in Morgan. but IMO, all I ever see is Jason Hill making plays and keeping quiet.....just making plays.... and so far in this preseason, while everyone is talking sh1t about him, he continues to make plays, be it against NFL starting defenses (last year) or against 2nd and 3rd stringers this preseason......

I think he just got on someone's bad side this offseason.....if he is not with us for what ever reason, I see him doing very well for some other team in the league.

I have become a huge Jason Hill fan....he just seems to just go quietly out in the field and makes plays for this team.....I can't remember the last time he dropped a pass.

but this is the thing.....I'm also a Josh Morgan fan.....it doesn't have to be one or the other....but for some reason, from the Webzone, I get the feeling that Josh Morgan fans feel they need to pick sides....and slam Jason Hill.

I really don't understand how any 9er fan can have a problem with Jason Hill....I really don't.

I was expecting Josh Morgan and Jason Hill to be our starters in a couple of years....but that was before we selected Crabtree in the 1st round....now with the invested ($$) we might put in Crabtree.....I think one these 2 young guys, Josh or Jason, will not be on our team in a couple of years.

I was also expecting Hill to be a Bad ass this Year more the Morgan, because he was very consistent last year. (when given the opportunity). I also thought h made very Key plays like against the Cards, Bills and the Redskins. I remember Broadcasters would also sometimes call him Bruce fter he made a catch cuz of the "89" which can look like "88" at a fast glance. I hope we dont cut him
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by fan49:
how about hill imo biggest preseason dissappointment

edit- wait, are you talking about Shaun or Jason...if you're talking about Jason keep reading.

How...he has better #s than all of our WRs..... and to be honest I never understood how Morgan ever moved passed him on the depth chart last year. Hill was drafted higher, but I guess the team sees more potential in Morgan. but IMO, all I ever see is Jason Hill making plays and keeping quiet.....just making plays.... and so far in this preseason, while everyone is talking sh1t about him, he continues to make plays, be it against NFL starting defenses (last year) or against 2nd and 3rd stringers this preseason......

I think he just got on someone's bad side this offseason.....if he is not with us for what ever reason, I see him doing very well for some other team in the league.

I have become a huge Jason Hill fan....he just seems to just go quietly out in the field and makes plays for this team.....I can't remember the last time he dropped a pass.

but this is the thing.....I'm also a Josh Morgan fan.....it doesn't have to be one or the other....but for some reason, from the Webzone, I get the feeling that Josh Morgan fans feel they need to pick sides....and slam Jason Hill.

I really don't understand how any 9er fan can have a problem with Jason Hill....I really don't.

I was expecting Josh Morgan and Jason Hill to be our starters in a couple of years....but that was before we selected Crabtree in the 1st round....now with the invested ($$) we might put in Crabtree.....I think one these 2 young guys, Josh or Jason, will not be on our team in a couple of years.

I was also expecting Hill to be a Bad ass this Year more the Morgan, because he was very consistent last year. (when given the opportunity). I also thought h made very Key plays like against the Cards, Bills and the Redskins. I remember Broadcasters would also sometimes call him Bruce fter he made a catch cuz of the "89" which can look like "88" at a fast glance. I hope we dont cut him

I agree with both of you. If the coaches keep Spurlock over J. Hill because of the retarded ass wildcat ill be pissed.
  • SANDMAN
  • Info N/A
Morgan has been dissapointing so far, I had really high hopes for him. Hopefully he can get his game turned around quick.
Originally posted by titan:
Don't blame the receivers blame the QB's.

This!!
Originally posted by backontop:

This!!

I would have agreed until Morgan came out with the "Tired Legs". I didnt realize Tired legs kept your hands from makin a catch.

This!!

actually it is the pass protection and the play calling....for now at least.

We can't really judge the WRs or the QBs when the only opportunity we decide to pass, we f'up on a block assignment(s).

This!!

We can't really judge the WRs or the QBs when the only opportunity we decide to pass, we f'up on a block assignment(s).

our OLine sucks big time and that needs to be fixed. How about instead of drafting 4 WR's in every draft we try and solidify some of our actual problem areas. Like say the OLine and pass rush!

This!!

our OLine sucks big time and that needs to be fixed. How about instead of drafting 4 WR's in every draft we try and solidify some of our actual problem areas. Like say the OLine and pass rush!

Exactly how are we suppose to pass the ball if our QB doesnt have two seconds to react. But There goes Scott taking f**king Crabtree. Mothaf**ker is Overated but what sux is that this Preseason makes it seem like we need him when in reality our Oline needs to get their pass blocking down.

This!!

Exactly how are we suppose to pass the ball if our QB doesnt have two seconds to react. But There goes Scott taking f**king Crabtree. Mothaf**ker is Overated but what sux is that this Preseason makes it seem like we need him when in reality our Oline needs to get their pass blocking down.

maybe it is not the players but rather the coaching I miss bob Mccintrick(sp)

This!!

oh god if Scotty had passed on Crabs everyone would have been pissed and wanted him fired

This!!

With regard to the OL we are talking pass protection and blitz pick up right??? ------ because the run blocking has been fine.

This!!

maybe it is not the players but rather the coaching I miss bob Mccintrick(sp)

Maybe we need Baas back, definitely Snydey cuz Sims sux
This!!
actually it is the pass protection and the play calling....for now at least. We can't really judge the WRs or the QBs when the only opportunity we decide to pass, we f'up on a block assignment(s).

yea but snyder and baas are out at the moment. and there have been times when both qbs have had solid protection and throw an uncatchable ball or a circus catch type ball like the throw to vd that was way over his head. then there were times when the recievers have dropped the ball. then there were times we f**ked up a drive with that stupid taser garbage. and some of the sacks or near sacks have been on the qb or the rb. bottom like is everything needs to get better but oline hasnt been our biggest problem imo.
Originally posted by SANDMAN:
Morgan has been dissapointing so far, I had really high hopes for him. Hopefully he can get his game turned around quick.

Yep, or I would have to eat some crow... I really thought he could be something, but his hands and his efforts are just not showing it this preseason...
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by wailers15:
i'd say it's raye! thats my big dissapointment

firing martz is starting to look like a big mistake.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe sing just wanted his own man in there and thought that martz would be a obstacle other coaches loyalty to his leadership?

That's the opinion of a minority of us on this forum. In time we may well be the majority. It would have been interesting to see Davis in Martz's system.
Share 49ersWebzone