There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Biggest preseason dissapointment to me: Josh Morgan

I mean, it could very well be Nate Clements, but at least he had an OK game against Denver and has been lighting in up in practice for what I hear (or read).

However, there are some things that are really bugging me about Morgan. Some here might remember when a poster met Jimmy Raye and , after talking about the team, said raye told him that Morgan was the "odd man out". Naturally, people (including me) were in complete shock.

And then came training camp. And nor only has Morgan been a non-factor in exibithion games (his biggest play was letting the ball go through his hands and being intercepted against the Raiders), but Singletary has specifically singled him out as a guy that does not give 100% every time in practice (I believe it was in Maiocco's blog). Considering how much Singletary values work ethic and all that, I wouldn't be surprise if our starting WRs in week 1 are Bruce and......... Battle!
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I mean, it could very well be Nate Clements, but at least he had an OK game against Denver and has been lighting in up in practice for what I hear (or read).

However, there are some things that are really bugging me about Morgan. Some here might remember when a poster met Jimmy Raye and , after talking about the team, said raye told him that Morgan was the "odd man out". Naturally, people (including me) were in complete shock.

And then came training camp. And nor only has Morgan been a non-factor in exibithion games (his biggest play was letting the ball go through his hands and being intercepted against the Raiders), but Singletary has specifically singled him out as a guy that does not give 100% every time in practice (I believe it was in Maiocco's blog). Considering how much Singletary values work ethic and all that, I wouldn't be surprise if our starting WRs in week 1 are Bruce and......... Battle!

Uhmmm.... our combination of limited pass play calling & average Q.B. could be what ails Morgan.
Yeah I just don't think he is a #1 WR and im not sure the team felt he was a #1 WR that is why they drafted Michael Crabtree. Morgan doesen't have great speed and he doesen't have the softest hands. I still think/hope he can develop into a solid #2 but I don't see him as a #1.

Right now my biggest fear is that Mike Martz made these guys (Morgan, Bruce, Ziegler, Hill) look better than they really were last year. Martz has a history of getting the best out of the WR's he coaches and they drop when he leaves.
Like in 07, we can't get the ball to our WR's. It's combination of bad play calling, bad QB play, bad pass blocking and the fact the WR's can get open quick enough.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I mean, it could very well be Nate Clements, but at least he had an OK game against Denver and has been lighting in up in practice for what I hear (or read).

However, there are some things that are really bugging me about Morgan. Some here might remember when a poster met Jimmy Raye and , after talking about the team, said raye told him that Morgan was the "odd man out". Naturally, people (including me) were in complete shock.

And then came training camp. And nor only has Morgan been a non-factor in exibithion games (his biggest play was letting the ball go through his hands and being intercepted against the Raiders), but Singletary has specifically singled him out as a guy that does not give 100% every time in practice (I believe it was in Maiocco's blog). Considering how much Singletary values work ethic and all that, I wouldn't be surprise if our starting WRs in week 1 are Bruce and......... Battle!

I hope not. We already know what Battle can do as a starter and that isn't much. I think what Sing and Raye have to remember is that Morgan is only in his second year. It typically takes at least 3 years for a WR to put everything together. There are some exceptions but Morgan does not appear to be one of them.I don't think he gets cut though. I think Jason hill has a better chance of getting cut than Morgan and that Jason hill is a bigger disappointment because he has been around longer. Hill was supposed to be out big play deep threatguy. What happened? Poor work ethic? Overrated? Poor Coaching? all of the above?
i'd say it's raye! thats my big dissapointment
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Like in 07, we can't get the ball to our WR's. It's combination of bad play calling, bad QB play, bad pass blocking and the fact the WR's can get open quick enough.


Sadly I think your right. There is a wide range of problems with this passing offense.
The lack of a Pass Rush
  • rob28
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 561
Originally posted by wailers15:
i'd say it's raye! thats my big dissapointment

firing martz is starting to look like a big mistake.
This forum
Originally posted by 9ERFANINAZ:
The lack of a Pass Rush

Specifically Manny Lawson
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by wailers15:
i'd say it's raye! thats my big dissapointment

firing martz is starting to look like a big mistake.

Well, I called that one from the get go.
Morgan has been a very big disappointment to me too. He's not getting separation and he's not making any catches or plays. The much maligned of late Battle was much more productive last night than Morgan (4 receptions for 59 yards with a long of 19). If Morgan doesn't step it up, he'll work his way off the team along with Jason Hill - the other big disappointment.
Originally posted by 9ERFANINAZ:
The lack of a Pass Rush
  • schoolyard
  • Info N/A
I think there are many reasons he looks bad,one our qb has very little time to throw,he has a weak arm.The lack of speed by the current group of recievers also isn't helping thats why Brandon Jones and Crabs were taken.Someone needs to step up here fast.