There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Somethings i Noticed this preseason!

Hello guys i make a few post here and there.. Im a huge 49ers fan and it kills me to see our offense like this and our defense the way it is as well. We have no pass rush what so ever.. I mean its horrible.. I though manusky was all gung ho about the big improvement in scheme that WAS supposed to release the talent of Manny Lawson and Parys Harlson. Parys i noticed had 2 pressures vs dallas but missed the other games i believe.. Now Many Lawson is getting man handled and thrown around like a rag doll and its horrible to watch. There was some blitzing vs dallas but still no penitration at all. We need to pay attention to the waiver wire around cut time to address the horrible pass rush. i actually would try to trade for Clintim Sintim from the giants, we should have taken him in the second round of the draft. I also feel nate davis and korey sheets are 2 diamonds in the rough for this teams future. Davis shows that he is more that capable of moving the ball down the field and show leadership in the huddle. i know its vs second and 3rd teams but still he LOOKS comfortable out there. Our running game is going to be fine going into the season i am not worried about that at all, but what i am worried about is that Jimmy Raye and Mike singletary realize that and are gonna really make this team to a full time run team. I hope Coach Raye uses the talent of this team.. and opens the playbook up when the season starts. Vernon davis Morgan Bruce i think we can do some damage.. I know the 2009 49ers are built like the 85 bears aphysical football team is what Sing wants buthe must also adapt to the 2009 game of NFL football were you also need to pass the ball to succeed in the nfl in 2009 if he dont it could be a long season 49ers fans. I hope they make adjustments because i honestly feel that the talent is there to challenge for the nfc west in 2009 go niners!!

Now that Marvel Smith retired. we should look to a veteran like jon runyan for some depth.. and let him and Boone Battle it out because Sims scares me!

Thanks guys.. let me know what you think!
Very good. I agree & hope they open up the offense!
Originally posted by tohara3:

Why Runyan is not already signed, is sickening.
Originally posted by jogr49:

Doesn't Runyan have some health issues?? (not that that would stop us obvioulsy)
There should be some veteran O Linemen but I would not hold your breath for quality pass rush.

I saw something last week where he had applied for some kind of medical waiver, so apparently has an injury issue that is scaring teams off.

Yes of course. It's worked real well siging can't miss OL that other teams cut or let go because of injuries. Maybe we ought to build our own base. Now that is a novel thought.
Originally posted by English:
There should be some veteran O Linemen but I would not hold your breath for quality pass rush.

Unfortunately we have to wait until April
its PRESEASON! We didnt really open the playbook on both sides of the ball. We only stunted on D a few times. And on O we did a lot of screen and dump passes. The D is creating turnovers every game and the O isnt giving the ball away. I say relax and lets see when it really counts!

DIVISION CHAMPS!!
Originally posted by Dem9erboyz:
its PRESEASON! We didnt really open the playbook on both sides of the ball. We only stunted on D a few times. And on O we did a lot of screen and dump passes. The D is creating turnovers every game and the O isnt giving the ball away. I say relax and lets see when it really counts!

DIVISION CHAMPS!!

Boy, if I had a nickle for every time somewhone posted that in the last few years...

Guess what? We sucked in preseaosn in previous years and we carried that over into the regular season. Tell me again why should I expect a change in that pattern? Just because of Singletary's motivational speeches?
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

DIVISION CHAMPS!!

Boy, if I had a nickle for every time somewhone posted that in the last few years...

Guess what? We sucked in preseaosn in previous years and we carried that over into the regular season. Tell me again why should I expect a change in that pattern? Just because of Singletary's motivational speeches?

Same thing happened last year. People pointed out weaknesses and others made the excuse that it was just preseason. Although I hope the piss poor play calling is only because of preseason.

Either way, 9/13 will be really telling.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

DIVISION CHAMPS!!

Thats true. Minimum amount of ints and I don't recall any fumbles lost.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

Yes of course. It's worked real well siging can't miss OL that other teams cut or let go because of injuries. Maybe we ought to build our own base. Now that is a novel thought.

I agree...problem is your can't build your own base at this point in the year....we need a OT the chance of a young one being out there is zero, we need to sign a veteran to replace a veteran....we should at least bring Runyon, L.Jones and whoever else is out there in for a workout.