There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did Nate Davis Just Win A Roster Spot? (Poll, Please don't merge)

Did Nate Davis Just Win A Roster Spot? (Poll, Please don't merge)

Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
The question is this. If Hill doesn't look like a good stopgap this season, and nor does Smith, do the 9ers still draft a high round QB in the offseason, or do they continue to develop Davis?

If the Niners drafted McCoy or Snead or Bradford, Davis would never have a shot at a starting job here most likely.

Which is why we need to work him into the offense gradually. Like I said before, if Hill is stinking it up, our season is done. We might as well put Nate Davis in on occasion to see a little bit of what we actually have with him. If he doesn't get put in there against real NFL players and we stink it up at QB this year, how will we know if we actually NEED to draft another QB? We'd have no idea if Nate Davis could be our guy because we will never have seen him play against starters. We might not even need to draft another QB, but we'll never know it because without seeing Davis on gameday we will likely pick up a QB with a high draft pick and Davis will be a backup no matter what.
Originally posted by zozell:
Haven't seen this posted... but this impressed me...
Not the fact that he hit the targets on the move. I've
seen many NFL QB's in this kind of challenge that have
done well, but sucked in the NFL.

What impressed me is how effortless he made it look. He has
the natural skillset needed. It seems as if he has the intangibles.
That "IT" factor.

Wow. His deep ball is beautiful. The kid has a cannon. His upside is looking tremendous!
  • mikeymac419
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by mikeymac419:

lol wow taking the little dancing lock personal there aren't we?

My bad newb? Didn't mean to make you cry

LAME.
There is no way Davis wont make the team. He's been more effective that any other person on our team, besides coffee's ridiculous play agains the raiders.

Anyone that plays that well, shows good leadership, poise, confidence and the willingness to learn and get better will not be cut.

is this guys problem?

id like us to keep him so he can develop, and than we can see what he can do next year
This kids a keeper. He seems to have tremendous pocket presence. Something Alex Smith has none of. He may just be our starter next season.
I think if Huard is cut we can still pick him up later if injuries become a problem at the QB position... Even though Davis has only half the playbook down he is showing some skills.....
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
This kids a keeper. He seems to have tremendous pocket presence. Something Alex Smith has none of. He may just be our starter next season.

I could go for that.
He was ganna be a 1st round pick before they found out he was dyslexic. He may very well end up being our starter if Hill can't do the job. I think we will be fine and Hill will produce though
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home