There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did Nate Davis Just Win A Roster Spot? (Poll, Please don't merge)

Did Nate Davis Just Win A Roster Spot? (Poll, Please don't merge)

Originally posted by GoNiners:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
merged or locked

which one will it be

how about delete

why, different thread, and factual?

see how your original thread got merged?

my point exactly we've already had threads about Nate Davis looking good in preseason.

its not about looking good, he plain and simple plays better and waaaaaay more accurate than any qb on our team
really same thread ones about a roster spot and the mines about him being better than our starter. but i guess it got merged because i didn't say please
merged or locked

which one will it be

how about delete

my point exactly we've already had threads about Nate Davis looking good in preseason.

its not about looking good, he plain and simple plays better and waaaaaay more accurate than any qb on our team

Let's see how Hill plays in the REGULAR season before we make any QB moves. Yeah Hill has looked poor let's just see what happens when the games matter.
merged or locked

which one will it be

how about delete

Let's see how Hill plays in the REGULAR season before we make any QB moves. Yeah Hill has looked poor let's just see what happens when the games matter.

poor.... how bout played like s**t. he hasnt scored 1 td? in 3 preseason games. any way you look at it even alex threw a td.
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM ]
and how about davis got all the hilights!
Next week we will see A. Smith and Nate Davis split the reps. Should be interesting. If N. Davis plays well next week he will be on the roster. Hill, Smith, Davis.
Not sure if Davis is the QB of the present just yet, but he could very well be the QB of the future.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex Smith should be cut.

at this point hill wont be too far after him, dude looked like s**t against the cowpukes today

I agree he looked like s**t. Hill is gonna find out life as starter is gonna be a lot harder.

Smith!?!?!? he's looked better than Hill...

Gotta love the Smith haters....
Hill's lack of arm strength was exposed on two out patterns. That will quickly lead to teams stacking the box, shutting down the run and the underneath routes and Hill will be history.

Davis isn't ready to start by any stretch of the imagination but he showed a lot of the physical skills to make the 53 a distinct possibility.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Next week we will see A. Smith and Nate Davis split the reps. Should be interesting. If N. Davis plays well next week he will be on the roster. Hill, Smith, Davis.

nate davis is not fighting for a roster spot.... if he goes to practice squad hes gone. it was like that before preseason games. the only reason he wasn't an early rounder is cause of the learning disability. which has obviously shown to be a non factor in his play!
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

nate davis is not fighting for a roster spot.... if he goes to practice squad hes gone. it was like that before preseason games. the only reason he wasn't an early rounder is cause of the learning disability. which has obviously shown to be a non factor in his play!

actually it was the last couple of games in college. He turned the ball over and make a lot of mistakes. His learning disability had nothing to do with it.
Like I said....

Singletary said Davis was almost too composed and they had to tell him to get going during the final two minute drive that won the game.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=46493#ixzz0PdntwlSa

he is calm out there and doesn't rush anything. and the fact that he said we are not settling for a feild goal is great.
Was at the game tonight and Davis opened a lot of peoples eyes. His first drive Cowboys had 1-3 stringers in and he was composed, threw the ball great and had that 6th sense on when to start scrambling (under tremendous pressure on half his passes) or moving around in the pocket. The kid has a canon but is accurate on the run and did a decent job of looking off the safety and LB. Lot of Cowpuke fans sitting around me were asking who in the heck is this kid?

I can promise you if the Niners cut Davis he WILL NOT make it through waivers.
I'm fairly confident that Alex Smith will be our starter by the bye week. I really don't see how Hill has "commanded" the offense better then Alex and as far as skill goes...it's not even close.

Alex really needs to start playing
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
I'm fairly confident that Alex Smith will be our starter by the bye week. I really don't see how Hill has "commanded" the offense better then Alex and as far as skill goes...it's not even close.

Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Canadian49er:

Plus i wouldn't have thrown alex too the wolves as a rookie, but i think davis could be just like flacco except over 3000 as a rook!
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 29, 2009 at 11:35 PM ]