LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Did Nate Davis Just Win A Roster Spot? (Poll, Please don't merge)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Nate Davis Just Win A Roster Spot? (Poll, Please don't merge)

lmao right on MODs lol moved it right back here .... lol classic!

Fan49 u just got PWNED by the Mods lol
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zozell:

who cares. get a life. the thread got moved. mods do it every day to a few threads. but i guess the thread move is more exciting than hills performance lately!
Davis to Crabtree

THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope so. He really shows a lot of promise and I enjoy watching him play. Considering what he's had to deal with (his learning disability), he seems like a good, determined kid who you can't help but root for.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Davis to Crabtree

THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davis-Sheets-Walker-Crabtree 2011 !

I don't know why some people on here are so hung up on Nate's learning disability? It doesn't mean he can't learn. Nate just learns things in a different way. He is more of a visual learner. He learns best by watching other people do different tasks, watching videos, game film, and similar things like that. He probably struggles with written directions.

I know because I'm disabled myself! I can do do most things, but they just take me longer to complete. I think Nate Davis will be just fine.
I really hope they find a way to give Nate Davis some playing time THIS SEASON. I'll bet he makes the most of any opportunity he gets. Anyone who watched the 3rd preseason game had to get excited about this kid. At least give him half of the final game to show us what he can do. I don't want to watch the other QBs stink it up again.

[ Edited by NorthNiner on Aug 31, 2009 at 09:39:49 ]
Originally posted by fan49:
...and threw freakin 70 yards!!

OK, you know the pass Davis threw out of the endzone (that he shouldn't have thrown) to get the pass interference call? Last year against IU, I watched him live and in person roll away from the rush exactly like that (though to his left instead of his right), and on the run, just like that, off his back foot, throw a pass over 50 yards in the air for a touchdown. That QB competition was nothing compared to the things I've seen him do in game.

Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by zozell:

who cares. get a life. the thread got moved. mods do it every day to a few threads. but i guess the thread move is more exciting than hills performance lately!

Sorry
I hope he does earn a roster spot. I know what we've seen of him is against scrubs, but still, I like what I've seen so far. Go Nate!

Matt Maiocco: "Singletary not as sold on QB Davis as 49ers' fan base."

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/davis-would-be-fourth-option.html

Keep Davis, toss Huard!!!!! Davis has out performed even our starting QB, How can we risk him being taken from our practice squad?
Originally posted by kidash98:
Matt Maiocco: "Singletary not as sold on QB Davis as 49ers' fan base."

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/davis-would-be-fourth-option.html

Wow, Singletary better have a good reason for downplaying how well Davis has played. Maybe he thinks it will go to his head or the fans will be screaming for him by week 3.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
A question for all:

Isn't there a certain "Disaster Quarterback" slot that gives the team an extra spot on the roster as long as the guy designated as such only plays QB and after other guys get hurt? Or is that extra spot on the 48 man dress roster only?
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
I like Nate a lot. Two good friends of mine who watched Ball State over the past 2 years told me Nate is a steal. I hope they are right.

Man if this is true good choice Scotty.
Share 49ersWebzone