There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did Nate Davis Just Win A Roster Spot? (Poll, Please don't merge)

Did Nate Davis Just Win A Roster Spot? (Poll, Please don't merge)

Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by mikeymac419:

is this guys problem?

I think this is his problem... he got butt hurt and wanted to hate on me
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128947

[ Edited by zozell on Aug 30, 2009 at 20:54:24 ]
Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by mikeymac419:

is this guys problem?

I think this is his problem... he got butt hurt and wanted to hate on me
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128947

-9fA
Nate davis = Hill+ Smith
He has the arm and of smith and the accuracy and swagger of hill. Hill can't make the throws Nate made. We saw when he tried, the receivers were diving trying to catch them. And Alex has no touch and continues to throw high, and has yet to show any leadership abilities we know of.
They better not put him on the practice squad.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
He's showing me way more now than Alex Smith did at the same point in his development. The guy has a rifle arm, but also shows poise and vision. I know it's only the reserves he's playing against but he definitely has talent worth developing. It'd be way too risky to put him on the practice squad. They'll have to keep him on the active roster or risk losing him. Huard would be a nice safety net but you don't really expect to play your 3rd string QB.
If we try to clear him on waivers I'm going to be pissed. This is a keeper QB that you let learn and then succeed with!!!

Nate Davis in 2 years > over your favorite QB!
NFL First Draft: Nate Davis (VIDEO)
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I don't think any QB on our roster would look good w/our starters, the way our 1st string OL played against their 1st string DL.

If the Pats could develop Brady for a year I think Davis can learn the game and play book in depth for a year.

part of the reason Davis looks so good is because our last string O-line has been dominating our opponents last string d-line.

I like his decision making, but I really believe especially with his learning disability he needs to be developed a year.

That certainly wasn't the case versus Dallas.

Nor was it the case against Oakland. Nate Davis was under pressure often and was able to roll out and locate a target instead of just deciding to throw it away like Alex Smith does.

actually smith threw the ball away twice i think and he was supposed to. but if you played u might know that
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Not sure if Davis is the QB of the present just yet, but he could very well be the QB of the future.

Give that man a cigar.

NO WAY do Singletary and Raye start Nate Davis. Against guys who in a few weeks will be back at their day jobs unloading trucks, he's terrific. But do we really want to feed him a steady diet of first-team defenses? Nope. That could really set back his development.

I haven't seen enough of Huard to send him on his way yet, but we're starting to see that despite being a nice guy, Shaun Hill is not a playmaker. He's a good number#2, but he's not a lead dog.

Smith? I'm sorry his career has been such a disappointment, but I'm not going to be sentimental about his either. He needs to go somewhere else as Mad Mike Martz suggested. This team no longer has the time to wait on him to hit his stride.

I'd start Hill, keep Davis and flip a coin between cutting Smith or Huard and Davis is the third stringer between whomever stays.

And I'm betting Raye and Singletary already have made up their minds.

the 9ners ruined him. and you cant say when he played bad without being injured. he was ruined by nolan! fact. they should wait they ruined him i would love to see him leave and win a sb game against us. almost. not really but id be ok if he did cause what we did to him. even as a rookie added in 11-10 in his starts. still a winning record
Nate is the best QB on this roster! Go ahead and start Shaun Hill, but work Nate in in relief whenever possible. Whoever else is on the roster, and I could care less whether it is Alex or Huard, can be number three.

Nate Davis has all it takes to be a fine QB in this league, except experience. How do you get experience? By playing!

Get Nate some playing time this season, and I honestly believe next year he could be our starter. Granted he was going against subs in a preseason game, but I simply have not seen a 49er QB since Steve Young do the things Nate did last night.
Originally posted by zozell:
Haven't seen this posted... but this impressed me...
Not the fact that he hit the targets on the move. I've
seen many NFL QB's in this kind of challenge that have
done well, but sucked in the NFL.

What impressed me is how effortless he made it look. He has
the natural skillset needed. It seems as if he has the intangibles.
That "IT" factor.

this should get its own thread! im gonna do it see if mods move it. evry one should see this!
Mods Please don't move this evry 9ner fan should see this! He won the accuracy comp. and threw freakin 70 yards!! which he won the deep ball comp too! I think he is our future qb!
if you do move it.... whatever. i just know i went crazy when I saw this!!! They talk about all intangible that we need in our qb. I didn't know he left as a junior...

[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 30, 2009 at 22:23:25 ]
Draft day called. They want their thread back.
i saw it for the first time today in another thread. I thought it deserved its own thread. Thats some amazing accuracy, and calmness..... and that arm....
Originally posted by fan49:
Mods Please don't move this evry 9ner fan should see this! He won the accuracy comp. and threw freakin 70 yards!! which he won the deep ball comp too! I think he is our future qb!
if you do move it.... whatever. i just know i went crazy when I saw this!!! They talk about all intangible that we need in our qb. I didn't know he left as a junior...

I had this guy in everyone of my mock drafts last year but as a 2nd or 3d rounder. Was screaming when we actually got him. Love it when your team gets your guy, dont ya? But last quarterback we got that I wanted was Ken Dorsey, lol. Hopefully well get opposite results. Love his quick release and how effortless he throws the ball. He displayed his mobility and quick cannon against dallas on the last drive from our 9 when he elluded the rush and I thought we were goona get sacked for the safety and the loss and with a flick of the wrist he lobbed a pass 35 yards and got the PI but the pass wasnt that bad imo.