LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please use this thread for post-game analysis of the offense as a whole, and/or individual players.

Be advised that relevant threads may be merged into this one at the discretion of the moderating staff.
And Sheets is Barry Sanders! Super Bowl FTW!
looks awesome against guys who will be looking for work on Monday.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Joe Montana can read.

that's wrong
Might as well have him try starting after watching Hill tonight
I think he looks good. I'm not convinced of anything yet and he shouldn't start or anything, but I definitely think he should he could be special. He has all the physical tools.

The Joe Montana reading crack was probably over the line, but I admit, I laughed.
My Stars for the evening were:

Nate Davis
Kory Sheets

and are you ready for this....MARK ROMAN...yes that Mark Roman...!

Whats your opinions?
I wanna see Nate Davis against 1st string next week.

Im not saying we should replace Hill and let Davis start, just wanna see Davis against 1st nfl talent.

Hill didnt look solid tonight or against the raiders 2nd string the week before.
hill

pass rush

nate clements

nate davis

brit miller

arnaz battle

merged
Originally posted by RonMexico:
merged

called it
Ok, I tried to be positive about Hill, but come on people. He looked terrible again tonight, we need QB help. At this rate, I would just as soon have Smith in, at least he throws to the receivers. Our offensive line needs to figure out pass blocking asap or it won't matter who is taking snaps though.
merged

called it

lol
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Please use this thread for post-game analysis of the offense as a whole, and/or individual players.

Be advised that relevant threads may be merged into this one at the discretion of the moderating staff.

Well, Shaun Hill looked pretty terrible. But I can't figure out if that was because our receivers couldn't get any separation from their defenders, or if Jimmy Raye's playcalling was too predictable.

Eerily reminiscent of the year Hostler was calling the plays, it seemed like the first string offense was too predictable. Dallas was far too on top of every rushing play after the 1st drive, with plenty of defenders up on the line. We couldn't get any passes out to WR's and didn't get Vernon into the game. So we rush, and we're damned, we pass ineffectively...a lot like Hostler's offense.

On the positive side, Coffee and Sheets looked pretty good. As the Dallas commentators said, if any of the RB's get cut, they won't have any trouble finding a job. Nate Davis looked pretty good too, we should try and work him into the first half for the last preseason game.
Share 49ersWebzone