There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defensive post-game analysis (week 3)

• mod
  • Veteran
is anyone else disappointed in Goldson and want Smith to start over him?
did they seriously think they were gonna get to Romo with a 3 man rush on 3rd down!?!?!?!
Lawson is turrible he can't even get close to the QB. I've been saying it all along the dude is a bust. He should be traded or cut he really has no place to play in a 3-4.
Quite whining its preseason look at the colts games of the past, the number 1 offense looked effing horrible only to look like allstars in the regular season. Who knows maybe they are scheming to make manny lawson look like a pile of s**t where Arizona does no game plan against him. hum maybe....................
I don't know what game most of you have watched, but outside of the TD drive, I felt our defense played very well. I'm concerned about the pass rush of course, but i constantly saw Justin smith rushing into the backfield fighting off double teams, we held off their rushing offense (except the TD drive, just looked perplexed). Nate had an off game this week (last week murphy was suppose to be covered by roman in the cover 2 and does everyone forget how good he looked against denver? short f*cking memory)

Quit knocking on Nate, he's our best CB and is still a top 10 CB and doesnt need to move to FS for at least 3 more years. Only knock I have is Manny Lawson...I loved it when we drafted him but man, I can't think of any more excuses for his crappy play, did anyone see him bite on that play action where he ran 4 yards upfield, wouldve had a sack, but chased down the rb 6 yards? just awful...
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
I don't know what game most of you have watched, but outside of the TD drive, I felt our defense played very well. I'm concerned about the pass rush of course, but i constantly saw Justin smith rushing into the backfield fighting off double teams, we held off their rushing offense (except the TD drive, just looked perplexed). Nate had an off game this week (last week murphy was suppose to be covered by roman in the cover 2 and does everyone forget how good he looked against denver? short f*cking memory) Quit knocking on Nate, he's our best CB and is still a top 10 CB and doesnt need to move to FS for at least 3 more years. Only knock I have is Manny Lawson...I loved it when we drafted him but man, I can't think of any more excuses for his crappy play, did anyone see him bite on that play action where he ran 4 yards upfield, wouldve had a sack, but chased down the rb 6 yards? just awful...

yea i thought the defense looked good. the only 2 i would say were crappy would be manny and soap. soap got handled badly. manny just isnt a pass rusher. but i thought justin smith and haralson played well. it was because of haralson hitting romo as he threw that caused the int to roman. our corners looked good imo. solid game by them considering they were going up against an offense with multiple probowlers.
Nate had an off game this week (last week murphy was suppose to be covered by roman in the cover 2

Sing said during the week that what Nate's missed coverage...
Originally posted by Kurtz49:
Nate had an off game this week (last week murphy was suppose to be covered by roman in the cover 2

Sing said during the week that what Nate's missed coverage...

My bad, didn't hear about that, but I still stand by my statement that he's a great cb and will hopefully get outta his funk by sept. 13th
  • Apone
  • Veteran
I think the only way to resurrect lawson career at this point is to somehow get Mario Williams to play next to him.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I don't know what game most of you have watched, but outside of the TD drive, I felt our defense played very well. I'm concerned about the pass rush of course, but i constantly saw Justin smith rushing into the backfield fighting off double teams, we held off their rushing offense (except the TD drive, just looked perplexed). Nate had an off game this week (last week murphy was suppose to be covered by roman in the cover 2 and does everyone forget how good he looked against denver? short f*cking memory) Quit knocking on Nate, he's our best CB and is still a top 10 CB and doesnt need to move to FS for at least 3 more years. Only knock I have is Manny Lawson...I loved it when we drafted him but man, I can't think of any more excuses for his crappy play, did anyone see him bite on that play action where he ran 4 yards upfield, wouldve had a sack, but chased down the rb 6 yards? just awful...

yea i thought the defense looked good. the only 2 i would say were crappy would be manny and soap. soap got handled badly. manny just isnt a pass rusher. but i thought justin smith and haralson played well. it was because of haralson hitting romo as he threw that caused the int to roman. our corners looked good imo. solid game by them considering they were going up against an offense with multiple probowlers.

Thanks, I agree with Soap too, for such a big guy he gets single blocked so easily lately, but at least can play the run.

Your name also reminds me, I wanna ask you, is it just me or did willis' presence in the huddle just seem to make our defense look and move better? He and Takeo just looked nasty all first half to me and made me all excited like a 13 year old school boy getting to lose my virginity to megan good.

Can't wait for september 13th!!! GO NINERS!!!!
1 sack in 3 games?

thats the problem with the defense.

/thread
Originally posted by 49erWill:
1 sack in 3 games?

/thread

True, but how many qb pressures? might not get the sack but definitely helped get the INTs...

Don't get me wrong, I get pissed watching opposing qbs sitting in their recliners filling out the crosswords in the newspaper, drink a beer, and then throw a first down pass, but hopefully manusky is just holding off on all of his great blitz packages and stunts.

Still wouldn't mind putting one of our 1st rounders to pick up wilfork or try out Peppers (not both, but would prefer wilfork whom I'd feel would turn haralson and brooks into some multiple sack guys)
Originally posted by 49erWill:
1 sack in 3 games?

/thread

havent ran many (any?) blitz's and instead have been letting players go one on one with the o-line

even the coaches are saying this

I dont understand why we cant use some of our blitz packages during the preseason to see if they actually work or no.
I would love to see Manusky overload one side of the defence.

Just imagine Justin Smith, Haralson, and Lawson all coming from the QB blindside.

Rex Ryan and Dick LeBeau did this many times last year.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I noticed that the 3-4 teams are the ones that have the fewest sacks. Maybe that is just the nature of the 3-4 defense - fewer sacks unless you blitz.