There are 136 users in the forums

[Stupid] Time for Singletary to step down as "face of the franchise".

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ray Ratto is such an annoying dbag.
Singletary should step down as face of franchise

Anyone ever heard him say anything positive about the 49ers at all?
Completely worthless article.

He gets paid to write this garbage?
I thought his point made sense. To be honest i stopped reading after the first paragraph cuz I figured I had his point, but we need Gore, Willis, Hill etc. to become the face of the team because it means we're winning! What's wrong with that?
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I thought his point made sense. To be honest i stopped reading after the first paragraph cuz I figured I had his point, but we need Gore, Willis, Hill etc. to become the face of the team because it means we're winning! What's wrong with that?

It's a nonsense problem. Frank Gore and Patrick Willis are already faces of the franchise. So is Singletary. It's a ridiculous nonsensical assumption to make an article and passively bash the team while he's at it. Someone show me an article where he once says "The 49ers are a good team" or "I hope they succeed" or "Things are looking promising".
Originally posted by Winners:

It's a nonsense problem. Frank Gore and Patrick Willis are already faces of the franchise. So is Singletary. It's a ridiculous nonsensical assumption to make an article and passively bash the team while he's at it. Someone show me an article where he once says "The 49ers are a good team" or "I hope they succeed" or "Things are looking promising".

and there is zero problem with a coach being the face of the franchse. think of all the great teams? the HC was one of the faces.
I read this crap earlier.....complete garbage
Bill Bellicheat.
  • lotts_rule
  • Info N/A
He never writes a good article. He needs to step down, from the top of a building.
The entire SF Chronicle 9ers coverage is lame. Ratto and Crumpacker lead that parade of clowns.

ding ding ding you are correct sir!!!!!!

please stupid people please refrain from reading this article!

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

How are Frank Gore and Patrick Willis not faces of the franchise? Why does there have to be "ONE FACE" of the franchise? In his own article he said that was a mistake for Nolan.

Also, he claimed Al Davis wasn't the face of the Raiders at some point (after he owned them). That claim alone is downright not true and completely ridiculous.
The article is good, it makes sense. It's about people who "can't get it", that makes it no good, got it? gezzzzzz..
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

++++249

Golita, pretty funny they don't get it.

Say, how are the waves this year down at the Ranch? Can you just drive in now, or still have to walk the tracks?

Face it people; Frank don't hardly talk, Willis don't want to, Hill is so new at being a starter I think he is still astonished at his fine fortune, etc, etc.. Ratto was talking about players that could address the media, plus put a hurt on opposing teams.. Why don't people "get it?"
....and here come the Debbie Downers.

-9fA
I get his point, but it's premature. This is Singletary's first year as full-time head coach...and so given his personality, he's going to be the face of the team now. There are no Montana's, Young's, etc. I've noticed a lot of writers are comparing the championship era teams to this one...and I'm not sure that's fair or realistic. It's a different game and era now...sure, we all look back to the SB teams with joy and pride, but those days are gone. My take is...get used to it. The cupboard was bare when Nolan came to town...and has slowly but surely been getting filled up. Singletary has a different approach than the WCO that won championships...let's see what the man can do with his style and leadership. For now, I'm cool with him being the face...let's see who steps up to assume that role.
Share 49ersWebzone