LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Favorite 49er/cowpuke moment.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by the_woad:
My first football memory was the 1994 season, so I didn't see the rivalry in the zenith of its glory. But with that said...

My favorite Niner/Cowboy moment was in 1995 when the Jerry Rice went in to Texas Stadium and made Deion Sanders look silly. It was just too cool to see the GOAT toy with the best cover corner in the game.

Yup GOAT always had Deions number. If I recall correctly, Atlanta was the team Rice torched the most.

because they were our b***h twice a year haha. 2 free wins every year. i remember one game where they destroyed us though, that b*****d jamal anderson and his team mates doin that gay ass dirty bird all game long. i think it was against garcia but it couldve been young, they beat us pretty good
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Eric Davis' pick six in the NFC Championship game. That set the tone for the rest of the game!

Wasn't that Merton? I remember the Chicken dance in the zone..?!

Were you a 49er fan in 1994?

Nobody has the right to call themselves 9er fans if they don't know that Eric Davis was the one who picked off Aikman's pass and ran it in.

I'm sorry, but that's bad.

Davis ca8used three turnovers in that game if I remember correctly, it was great because the cowgirls were trash talking the week leading up to the game. Davis set the tone for the whole game. To me it was his best game as a Niner, he had to be MVP of that one. That pick six is right up there with the Catch for me as a great moment in Niner history. That game was the Superbowl that year, after the NFC championship it was just a matter of how badly we were gonna beat the bolts.
  • ZRF80
I was too young to appreciate the Catch when it happened live. For me,

1) 1994 NFC Champ game

2) 1995 regular season game, where an undermanned 49er roster thrashed the Cowboys at THEIR stadium.

3) 1997 NATIONALLY TELEVISED game (yes, even then, the rivalry was strong enough that Fox made a big deal of it). San Fran pulls out a toughy 17-10. The only thing I remember from that game is a crazy ass over the head catch that JJ Stokes made on a crucial 3rd down. He had to reach out over his head and dive to catch that one.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
I was too young to appreciate the Catch when it happened live. For me,

1) 1994 NFC Champ game

2) 1995 regular season game, where an undermanned 49er roster thrashed the Cowboys at THEIR stadium.

3) 1997 NATIONALLY TELEVISED game (yes, even then, the rivalry was strong enough that Fox made a big deal of it). San Fran pulls out a toughy 17-10. The only thing I remember from that game is a crazy ass over the head catch that JJ Stokes made on a crucial 3rd down. He had to reach out over his head and dive to catch that one.

That explains ALOT.

I was 11 when that happened. btw.

~Ceadder
I know it was just a preseason game, But I was at the game on Saturday night and it was awesome. Clearly, beating them in the NFC Championship games is tops. But to go into their new stadium and win (even though it was preseason ) was still awesome. Their starters really did not perform all that well either.
Share 49ersWebzone