It can't come quick enough.

That's what she said

lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
14 days
Originally posted by mayo63:
14 days

Hope I 'm wrong, but feel fairly confident this is another dismal year.

Reference QB, OL, No pass rush
Originally posted by jogr49:
14 days

True !
14 days

wooooooooooooo
  • B650
  • Veteran
We better get our pass rush fixed or we're going to be having nightmares of Boldin and Fitzgerald.
More like countdown to 0-16
I am looking forward to the season. I also am a bit nervous because there may be some real players let go who I feel could be real contributors even moreso then some vets who may supplant them. I like guys like Sheets, Brit Miller, Boone, Spanos and some others and do not know how we could keep them all. From what I have seen of other rosters, there could be some heavy dipping into our talent pool. Our guys seem to not be polished yet but have some real potential and already seem better then some others. I am not sure if Norris is doing well but I think I like Brit Miller better. He is a great blocker and faster and better reciever and much younger.
Overall much more talented. Norris is like a mini Larry Allen but offensively very limited. We are seeing more passes to backs so I would keep Miller and that choice is critical as we might not carry more then 1 FB. True fullback I mean, not including Michael Robinson. I think Sheets is going to prove too valuable to lose and if we are to lose one back, he would be a lifesaver. Frankly I think I would rather lose a Marques Harris or a Demetric Evans then lose Sheets or Miller. I would even lose Sopoaga, Ulbrich, Roman, Sims, or Wragge. I think Wallace Spanos and Boone offer better players with higher upsides. Wragge is unfortunately too slow. My worries are that we could lose some darn good players though Singletary is much wiser from what I have seen in the past. After all he is playing Nate Davis to the detriment of both Hill and Smith in the preseason. I don't think it would matter much in the long run as they should be up to speed in a few games but it does seem Singletary is willing to keep and play those who shine. In Nolan's time, Brit Miller would be playing much much less then Norris. I actually think Norris may get beaten out. I know he is a load and would have no competition from Keasey or his like but Miller is real competition. I think I would take the risk and keep Miller. I get this feeling he could do some decent running too. I also think he could be a real threat on swing passes. He showed some real speed on his long pass reception. I can't get the picture of his moving out some pass rushers to get Coffee and Sheets free. He reminded me of Gore in the Raiders workout. Hanging onto a rusher like a pitbull. He shows that grit and character that Singletary loves. Sheets too showed that grit and fire and that is just something you can't buy as Alex Smith proves every day. There seems an unusual amount of new players with that attitude that Singletary values from Coffee on down. Even if we are sort of disjointed now, I think if we keep those types of guys we will be alright.
Originally posted by prometheus:
I am looking forward to the season. I also am a bit nervous because there may be some real players let go who I feel could be real contributors even moreso then some vets who may supplant them. I like guys like Sheets, Brit Miller, Boone, Spanos and some others and do not know how we could keep them all. From what I have seen of other rosters, there could be some heavy dipping into our talent pool. Our guys seem to not be polished yet but have some real potential and already seem better then some others. I am not sure if Norris is doing well but I think I like Brit Miller better. He is a great blocker and faster and better reciever and much younger.
Overall much more talented. Norris is like a mini Larry Allen but offensively very limited. We are seeing more passes to backs so I would keep Miller and that choice is critical as we might not carry more then 1 FB. True fullback I mean, not including Michael Robinson. I think Sheets is going to prove too valuable to lose and if we are to lose one back, he would be a lifesaver. Frankly I think I would rather lose a Marques Harris or a Demetric Evans then lose Sheets or Miller. I would even lose Sopoaga, Ulbrich, Roman, Sims, or Wragge. I think Wallace Spanos and Boone offer better players with higher upsides. Wragge is unfortunately too slow. My worries are that we could lose some darn good players though Singletary is much wiser from what I have seen in the past. After all he is playing Nate Davis to the detriment of both Hill and Smith in the preseason. I don't think it would matter much in the long run as they should be up to speed in a few games but it does seem Singletary is willing to keep and play those who shine. In Nolan's time, Brit Miller would be playing much much less then Norris. I actually think Norris may get beaten out. I know he is a load and would have no competition from Keasey or his like but Miller is real competition. I think I would take the risk and keep Miller. I get this feeling he could do some decent running too. I also think he could be a real threat on swing passes. He showed some real speed on his long pass reception. I can't get the picture of his moving out some pass rushers to get Coffee and Sheets free. He reminded me of Gore in the Raiders workout. Hanging onto a rusher like a pitbull. He shows that grit and character that Singletary loves. Sheets too showed that grit and fire and that is just something you can't buy as Alex Smith proves every day. There seems an unusual amount of new players with that attitude that Singletary values from Coffee on down. Even if we are sort of disjointed now, I think if we keep those types of guys we will be alright.

I love word search puzzles
Originally posted by cNiner:
14 days

True !

you guys aren't real fans then!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
13 days
13 days

wooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by cNiner:
14 days

True !

you guys aren't real fans then!

It's not a question of being a "real fan". I'm pumped as hell to see my 9ers take the field for the first time in a couple of weeks. I do feel, though, that we're in for a rude awakening in week one. I think we'll play the Cards closer and maybe even take 'em in our second game of the season, but I just don't think we're gonna be ready offensively nor defensively to handle the Cards. Call it a gut feeling that we get smoked in Arizona by something like 34 - 16, but that Singletary uses that as the fuel to move us to take the next three games. I'm hoping we're 3-2 going into the bye. Assuming we take the final two against the Lions and Rams, that means we have to find AT LEAST another four more wins during that ten-week stretch starting with the Falcons and ending with the Eagles. Tough. Very tough. I wanna believe, but I don't see a single upgrade from last year's pass rush and, my God, we're one injury on the offensive line away from having Barry Sims protecting Shaun Hill. Not good, not good...