There are 282 users in the forums

Shaun Hill Day to Day With Lower Back Strain

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Damn, he has had back problems before, hopefully this isn't a recurring problem. At least now we get to see Nate Davis and see if he is any good playing against the big boys...or is Smith able to go?

According to a article I read earlier Sing has declared Smith out for the next game.

Smith is out and I am thinking this is a lingering issue from 07 when he fractured 3 bones in his lower back

By he you mean Hill... I hope.

yes by he I meant Hill. Funny thing was I meant to type Hill but apparently typed he instead.
He can make it through games if they give him steroid shots for the pain. I've heard of this done many of times, and it works great.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
The Nate Davis era has begun.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
The Nate Davis era has begun.

That fast. It's his destiny....I hope he starts this Saturday, and throws for 3 tds, and takes us to the Superbowl!

...someone snap me out of it.
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
He can make it through games if they give him steroid shots for the pain. I've heard of this done many of times, and it works great.

I think I remember Rattay getting something like 13 shots in his shoulder one day just so he could play.
Originally posted by TheChozen:

I think I remember Rattay getting something like 13 shots in his shoulder one day just so he could play.

yeah, lots of QBs get shots for shoulders, I bet a back would be tougher, it probably hurts him just to walk.
Originally posted by cestmoi:

yeah, lots of QBs get shots for shoulders, I bet a back would be tougher, it probably hurts him just to walk.

Probably.

Probably.

the question becomes do you want our "starting" QB to be taking shots to play in the preseason? If it were toward the end of the regular season and we were headed to the playoffs I say go for it shoot him up. But in PRESEASON!!
  • Dino
  • Veteran

Probably.

the question becomes do you want our "starting" QB to be taking shots to play in the preseason? If it were toward the end of the regular season and we were headed to the playoffs I say go for it shoot him up. But in PRESEASON!!

No way. I was just stating I thought Ratty got shot up to play before. You're right. If we were making a playoff push, I would say shoot him up, but not right now. That's suicide.

it's cortizone and it's temporary.

He'll sit out and should be fine by the opener @ AZ.
It makes no sense for him to play now. Sing already knows what he can do. He sits out and Huard/Davis audition for the 3rd QB spot.
Here is an interesting thought. What if Davis starts against Dallas and absolutely picks apart their defense? What do we do? I know it would be preseason but it would be against the Dallas starters minus blitz pachages and what not.
Here is an interesting thought. What if Davis starts against Dallas and absolutely picks apart their defense? What do we do? I know it would be preseason but it would be against the Dallas starters minus blitz pachages and what not.

They dialed up the blitz against the Titans last week. They could do the same this week. I don't really care. It would be nice to see Davis pick apart their D though. As long as we make it though the preseason with no major injuries, I will be very happy.
[ Edited by TheChozen on Aug 26, 2009 at 5:47 PM ]
He'll probably be fine by sat. everyones making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be. sing even said he couldve finished practice but he pulled him because there was no reason for him to finish or something like that.
Share 49ersWebzone