There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaun Hill Day to Day With Lower Back Strain

Originally posted by thojess:
I think we should just rest both Hill and Smith for this game. It's not like our offense under Raye is all that complicated. Sure us the fans would like to get a look at our freshly named starter playing a good bit in the third preseason game, but I don't really think its absolutely necessary to have either Hill or Smith play at this point. Just let them rest for a week or two and get healthy. Strained backs and Sprained thumbs have a tendency to linger when you rush back to action too quickly.

Seeing Nate go with and against first stringers could prove interesting anyway, and will likely put the QB depth chart (keeping 3 or 4 qbs) into somewhat better focus.

ahhhh crap.. another milestone post without boobies!
that sucks, but it sounds like he'll be okay. I would really like to see him play Saturday to get an idea of what we've got on offense, and to give the starters some live-action to help them gell.
I think we should just rest both Hill and Smith for this game. It's not like our offense under Raye is all that complicated. Sure us the fans would like to get a look at our freshly named starter playing a good bit in the third preseason game, but I don't really think its absolutely necessary to have either Hill or Smith play at this point. Just let them rest for a week or two and get healthy. Strained backs and Sprained thumbs have a tendency to linger when you rush back to action too quickly.

Seeing Nate go with and against first stringers could prove interesting anyway, and will likely put the QB depth chart (keeping 3 or 4 qbs) into somewhat better focus.

ahhhh crap.. another milestone post without boobies!

This better?

I head Huard may have a hang nail. Those injuries can linger.

It's all Nate/all saturday.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Aug 26, 2009 at 2:20 PM ]
  • legend8
  • Info N/A
Hey we are going to suck this year I wouldn't be surprised if we won about 4 or 5 games even with SH healthy.
Backs only get worse if you keep on messing with it. It will take about three games to gel as an O' we could very well be 0-3 by then!
Originally posted by legend8:
Hey we are going to suck this year I wouldn't be surprised if we won about 4 or 5 games even with SH healthy.
Backs only get worse if you keep on messing with it. It will take about three games to gel as an O' we could very well be 0-3 by then!

okay there Debbie Downer

I don't see how we will only win 4 or 5 games this year. The team has talent and now the coaching. I don't see us blowing the NFL up or anything but probably 7-9 or 8-8(stretching it)
I'm not too worried. Regular Season is right around the corner, as long as makes it to that.

Originally posted by backontop:

okay there Debbie Downer

I don't see how we will only win 4 or 5 games this year. The team has talent and now the coaching. I don't see us blowing the NFL up or anything but probably 7-9 or 8-8(stretching it)

8-8 and in Wild Card contention!

Awesome!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Awesome!

Originally posted by verb1der:

okay there Debbie Downer

I doubt that we will be in wild card contention. If we are then great but I just don't see it realistically happening.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Awesome!

Originally posted by verb1der:

okay there Debbie Downer

I doubt that we will be in wild card contention. If we are then great but I just don't see it realistically happening.

Well last year the Tards won only 2 more games than we did and won the division...now only if Nolan was fired earlier, and if we would've won atleast 1 of the 2 close games we played against them.

I believe our team is better talent-wise this season, I can smell Wild Card.
[ Edited by verb1der on Aug 26, 2009 at 3:11 PM ]
I hope it's not too bad. Back strains can be difficult injuries to get over.