There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaun Hill Day to Day With Lower Back Strain

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by backontop:
Here is an interesting thought. What if Davis starts against Dallas and absolutely picks apart their defense? What do we do? I know it would be preseason but it would be against the Dallas starters minus blitz pachages and what not.

Every 49ers fan pining for rookie Nate Davis to be the 49ers' regular-season starter should have watched Davis during the midpoint of the afternoon practice. It would have cured you. During one team session, his snaps went like this:

Pass intended for Josh Morgan is picked off by Shawntae Spencer

Pass intended for Josh Morgan is nearly picked off by Dashon Goldson

A quick pass to Joe Jon Finley turns into a fumble when Finley is stripped by Dre Bly

Quick completion to Bear Pascoe

Davis can't get a pass away and the play is called dead.

Short pass to Michael Robinson is at his feet and incomplete.

Link

Welcome back to reality, the kid is a 5th rounder who may be placed on the PS. People thought JTO Douchebag was a God last year and he should of signed him to a longer contract....

Quote:
I think McNolan's biggest mistake was only giving JT the vet minimum salary for one year. By doing so, the niners cannot negotiate with him until March, and he can field offers from other teams if he lights it up, or even if he just plays solid. As a result, we'll be forced to overpay in order to keep him. If we had just been slightly generous now with his pay (which is chump change), we could have had pre-negotiation rights with him prior to him being a free agent. such short sighted thinking.

Then came the JTO WTF thread....

Quote:
SO how did our man, JTO do in his first season game? His first INT. It looked liked he had daylight to run in front of him but he passed late over the middle. I rate this INT as a .5 WTF His first fumble. He was in the process of throwing a pass but he could have stepped up in the pocket to help himself. His "clock" to sense backside pressure is a tad off. At this point, I don't rate that as a WTF. His 2nd fumble. Could have tucked it away? Especially after already fumbling and knowing how hard the Cardinals were coming. Borderline .5 WTF
So his stat line for game 1. 14-20, 195 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles lost, 1 WTF. Upon further consensus from fellow Zone posters, we have upgraded JTO's stats" 14-20, 195 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles lost, 3 WTFs. On to next week!

Newsflash we didn't draft the ROY, we drafted a future backup for the team. Maybe I'm wrong but everybody needs to calm down about this kid...he is not better the any QB on the roster at this time. He is an unproven rookie, Hill, Smith, and Huard are better options then Davis.

Bottom line, Hill will be fine and Alex will be back as the #2 by next week!


Did I say the kid should start? Did I claim him to be the next great thing? did I do anything other than ask hmm wouldn't this be interesting. Next time read the post. Welcome back to reality

Don't think he was directing that post to you, just to the people who want him starting the regular season, unless your one of them??

then why quote me if it was not directed?

My bad, looks like he was directing it at you.

get'em sheriff
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by backontop:
Here is an interesting thought. What if Davis starts against Dallas and absolutely picks apart their defense? What do we do? I know it would be preseason but it would be against the Dallas starters minus blitz pachages and what not.

Every 49ers fan pining for rookie Nate Davis to be the 49ers' regular-season starter should have watched Davis during the midpoint of the afternoon practice. It would have cured you. During one team session, his snaps went like this:

Pass intended for Josh Morgan is picked off by Shawntae Spencer

Pass intended for Josh Morgan is nearly picked off by Dashon Goldson

A quick pass to Joe Jon Finley turns into a fumble when Finley is stripped by Dre Bly

Quick completion to Bear Pascoe

Davis can't get a pass away and the play is called dead.

Short pass to Michael Robinson is at his feet and incomplete.

Link

Welcome back to reality, the kid is a 5th rounder who may be placed on the PS. People thought JTO Douchebag was a God last year and he should of signed him to a longer contract....

Quote:
I think McNolan's biggest mistake was only giving JT the vet minimum salary for one year. By doing so, the niners cannot negotiate with him until March, and he can field offers from other teams if he lights it up, or even if he just plays solid. As a result, we'll be forced to overpay in order to keep him. If we had just been slightly generous now with his pay (which is chump change), we could have had pre-negotiation rights with him prior to him being a free agent. such short sighted thinking.

Then came the JTO WTF thread....

Quote:
SO how did our man, JTO do in his first season game? His first INT. It looked liked he had daylight to run in front of him but he passed late over the middle. I rate this INT as a .5 WTF His first fumble. He was in the process of throwing a pass but he could have stepped up in the pocket to help himself. His "clock" to sense backside pressure is a tad off. At this point, I don't rate that as a WTF. His 2nd fumble. Could have tucked it away? Especially after already fumbling and knowing how hard the Cardinals were coming. Borderline .5 WTF
So his stat line for game 1. 14-20, 195 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles lost, 1 WTF. Upon further consensus from fellow Zone posters, we have upgraded JTO's stats" 14-20, 195 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles lost, 3 WTFs. On to next week!

Newsflash we didn't draft the ROY, we drafted a future backup for the team. Maybe I'm wrong but everybody needs to calm down about this kid...he is not better the any QB on the roster at this time. He is an unproven rookie, Hill, Smith, and Huard are better options then Davis.

Bottom line, Hill will be fine and Alex will be back as the #2 by next week!


Did I say the kid should start? Did I claim him to be the next great thing? did I do anything other than ask hmm wouldn't this be interesting. Next time read the post. Welcome back to reality

Don't think he was directing that post to you, just to the people who want him starting the regular season, unless your one of them??

then why quote me if it was not directed?

My bad, looks like he was directing it at you.

get'em sheriff

Let me rephrase this, by stating the question what if he did this or that you sound like you are expecting this kid to shock the NFL just like Ryan did last year...for instance

You never know he could shock the world by coming in and tearing it up and we remain competative for a play off spot. Win Win situation.

I know I have taken your quote a little out of context but by bringing up the same argument more then once you sound like you are expecting him to actually do it. If I am wrong then I apologize for assuming that.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Not serious?Back strains are never a good thing.

Nate be ready.

Wasn't Smith named #2? Or did I read the wrong article? You know the one that is PINNED in 9er Talk?

~Ceadder

Smith is currently out, thus making Davis or Huard the next in line for this Saturday's game.

Ahhh okay, I hadn't seen that til I read through more and more of the thread.

~Ceadder
I think Alex has the worst luck in NFL history.

Dude would have gotten a huge chance to start again this week since Hill got injured, but he just happened to have a thumb injury. lol
Originally posted by Method:
I think Alex has the worst luck in NFL history.

Dude would have gotten a huge chance to start again this week since Hill got injured, but he just happened to have a thumb injury. lol

Be is just a chump. I really hope they start Huard and he that he shows well against some better comp. I'd really like to see what we have and I really, really wish Sing would really get a handle on that QB spot and the spots behind Hill.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Method:
I think Alex has the worst luck in NFL history. Dude would have gotten a huge chance to start again this week since Hill got injured, but he just happened to have a thumb injury. lol
Be is just a chump. I really hope they start Huard and he that he shows well against some better comp. I'd really like to see what we have and I really, really wish Sing would really get a handle on that QB spot and the spots behind Hill.


dude nobody who plays with 3 torn ligaments in their throwing shoulder is a chump. hill already won the job and its freaking preseason, no need to get anyone injured. hell smith will probably play the san diego game. and huard is just this years version of dilfer, nothing more nothing less. he fell off badly the last 2 seasons in kc, he was never great in the first place and hes even worse now. mb said he looked crappy in practice anyway.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He'll probably be fine by sat. everyones making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be. sing even said he couldve finished practice but he pulled him because there was no reason for him to finish or something like that.

Yeah, really... what is everyone worried about anyway? He is Shaun Hill THE GAMER after all... he doesn't even need to practice or build chemistry with the players. Doesn't need a strong back or a strong arm. He is Shaun Hill... all he does is win. Yes?

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He'll probably be fine by sat. everyones making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be. sing even said he couldve finished practice but he pulled him because there was no reason for him to finish or something like that.

Yeah, really... what is everyone worried about anyway? He is Shaun Hill THE GAMER after all... he doesn't even need to practice or build chemistry with the players. Doesn't need a strong back or a strong arm. He is Shaun Hill... all he does is win. Yes?


[ Edited by Method on Aug 27, 2009 at 9:28 AM ]
Matt Maiocco on Twitter today:

Shaun Hill update III: He is taking the first-team reps during 11-on-11 portion of practice. His back is back.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,440
Originally posted by superman49er:
Matt Maiocco on Twitter today:

Shaun Hill update III: He is taking the first-team reps during 11-on-11 portion of practice. His back is back.



I actually preferred that he sits out for the next game or the rest of the Preseason, but he needs his reps.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Wat I've noticed about injuries...is its always "not serious" and then out of left field the player is out for the season or couple weeks or months. Im just saying... ...strained back aint no scratch or bruise...that sh!t hurts for a while. He'll get the best treatment and lets hope it is "nothing serious"! ...knock on wood!!!


sing even said shaun couldve gutted it out and finished practice but sing didnt want him to. yeah its not a scratch or bruise but as long as theres no problem with a disk and its just a muscle.

That's why I question when there is no detail. I strained my lower back muscle and it hasn't been the same since....it never will according to my phys. therapist. I pretty sure he can play, but now i wanna see him take a hit. Again...there isnt enough details and they are probably keeping him out of Saturday just to save him.

I always take what coaches say with a grain.
You never fully get over a lower back injury. Once you hurt it will act up again at some point. Shouldn't be a big deal though.
He appears to be ok
Originally posted by King49er:
He appears to be ok

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by King49er:
He appears to be ok


+1