There are 170 users in the forums

Shaun Hill Day to Day With Lower Back Strain

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Here is an interesting thought. What if Davis starts against Dallas and absolutely picks apart their defense? What do we do? I know it would be preseason but it would be against the Dallas starters minus blitz pachages and what not.

Then that should land him a spot on the active roster and most likely Huard would be let go. I still think Davis should sit the year and master the offense.
Wat I've noticed about injuries...is its always "not serious" and then out of left field the player is out for the season or couple weeks or months. Im just saying...

...strained back aint no scratch or bruise...that sh!t hurts for a while.

He'll get the best treatment and lets hope it is "nothing serious"! ...knock on wood!!!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Damn, he has had back problems before, hopefully this isn't a recurring problem. At least now we get to see Nate Davis and see if he is any good playing against the big boys...or is Smith able to go?

Smith is out. Would it be something if Hill is out, and gets "Wally Pipped" by Nate Davis.

Yes, and it would be damn delightful to have a pony in the backyard.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Here is an interesting thought. What if Davis starts against Dallas and absolutely picks apart their defense? What do we do? I know it would be preseason but it would be against the Dallas starters minus blitz pachages and what not.

Then that should land him a spot on the active roster and most likely Huard would be let go. I still think Davis should sit the year and master the offense.

oh I agree that he should sit and learn. Then again it is not like he has a probowl QB to learn from. He has Smith and Hill to teach him. He doesn't even have a true starting QB to learn from
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Wat I've noticed about injuries...is its always "not serious" and then out of left field the player is out for the season or couple weeks or months. Im just saying... ...strained back aint no scratch or bruise...that sh!t hurts for a while. He'll get the best treatment and lets hope it is "nothing serious"! ...knock on wood!!!

sing even said shaun couldve gutted it out and finished practice but sing didnt want him to. yeah its not a scratch or bruise but as long as theres no problem with a disk and its just a muscle.
Oh man, I would hate to be a mod right now. Just look at all these locked threads in Niner talk! Must be the attack of the noobs or something. Hang in there mods.
i know a good bit about back problems and they said he was out their all practice standin and movin around and u just dont do that if its bad...period so dont worry be happy alex could have been named starter
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Oh man, I would hate to be a mod right now. Just look at all these locked threads in Niner talk! Must be the attack of the noobs or something. Hang in there mods.

Every 49ers fan pining for rookie Nate Davis to be the 49ers' regular-season starter should have watched Davis during the midpoint of the afternoon practice. It would have cured you. During one team session, his snaps went like this:

Pass intended for Josh Morgan is picked off by Shawntae Spencer

Pass intended for Josh Morgan is nearly picked off by Dashon Goldson

A quick pass to Joe Jon Finley turns into a fumble when Finley is stripped by Dre Bly

Quick completion to Bear Pascoe

Davis can't get a pass away and the play is called dead.

Short pass to Michael Robinson is at his feet and incomplete.

Link

Welcome back to reality, the kid is a 5th rounder who may be placed on the PS. People thought JTO Douchebag was a God last year and we should of signed him to a longer contract....

Quote:
I think McNolan's biggest mistake was only giving JT the vet minimum salary for one year. By doing so, the niners cannot negotiate with him until March, and he can field offers from other teams if he lights it up, or even if he just plays solid. As a result, we'll be forced to overpay in order to keep him. If we had just been slightly generous now with his pay (which is chump change), we could have had pre-negotiation rights with him prior to him being a free agent. such short sighted thinking.

Then came the JTO WTF thread....

Quote:
SO how did our man, JTO do in his first season game? His first INT. It looked liked he had daylight to run in front of him but he passed late over the middle. I rate this INT as a .5 WTF His first fumble. He was in the process of throwing a pass but he could have stepped up in the pocket to help himself. His "clock" to sense backside pressure is a tad off. At this point, I don't rate that as a WTF. His 2nd fumble. Could have tucked it away? Especially after already fumbling and knowing how hard the Cardinals were coming. Borderline .5 WTF
So his stat line for game 1. 14-20, 195 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles lost, 1 WTF. Upon further consensus from fellow Zone posters, we have upgraded JTO's stats" 14-20, 195 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles lost, 3 WTFs. On to next week!

Newsflash we didn't draft the ROY, we drafted a future backup for the team. Maybe I'm wrong but everybody needs to calm down about this kid...he is not better the any QB on the roster at this time. He is an unproven rookie, Hill, Smith, and Huard are better options then Davis.

Bottom line, Hill will be fine and Alex will be back as the #2 by next week!
[ Edited by jreff22 on Aug 26, 2009 at 7:46 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

Every 49ers fan pining for rookie Nate Davis to be the 49ers' regular-season starter should have watched Davis during the midpoint of the afternoon practice. It would have cured you. During one team session, his snaps went like this:

A quick pass to Joe Jon Finley turns into a fumble when Finley is stripped by Dre Bly

Link

Welcome back to reality, the kid is a 5th rounder who may be placed on the PS. People thought JTO Douchebag was a God last year and he should of signed him to a longer contract....

Quote:
I think McNolan's biggest mistake was only giving JT the vet minimum salary for one year. By doing so, the niners cannot negotiate with him until March, and he can field offers from other teams if he lights it up, or even if he just plays solid. As a result, we'll be forced to overpay in order to keep him. If we had just been slightly generous now with his pay (which is chump change), we could have had pre-negotiation rights with him prior to him being a free agent. such short sighted thinking.

Quote:
SO how did our man, JTO do in his first season game? His first INT. It looked liked he had daylight to run in front of him but he passed late over the middle. I rate this INT as a .5 WTF His first fumble. He was in the process of throwing a pass but he could have stepped up in the pocket to help himself. His "clock" to sense backside pressure is a tad off. At this point, I don't rate that as a WTF. His 2nd fumble. Could have tucked it away? Especially after already fumbling and knowing how hard the Cardinals were coming. Borderline .5 WTF
So his stat line for game 1. 14-20, 195 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles lost, 1 WTF. Upon further consensus from fellow Zone posters, we have upgraded JTO's stats" 14-20, 195 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles lost, 3 WTFs. On to next week!

Newsflash we didn't draft the ROY, we drafted a future backup for the team. Maybe I'm wrong but everybody needs to calm down about this kid...he is not better the any QB on the roster at this time. He is an unproven rookie, Hill, Smith, and Huard are better options then Davis.

Did I say the kid should start? Did I claim him to be the next great thing? did I do anything other than ask hmm wouldn't this be interesting. Next time read the post. Welcome back to reality

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Damn, he has had back problems before, hopefully this isn't a recurring problem. At least now we get to see Nate Davis and see if he is any good playing against the big boys...or is Smith able to go?

Smith is out. Would it be something if Hill is out, and gets "Wally Pipped" by Nate Davis.

Yes, and it would be damn delightful to have a pony in the backyard.

Great line!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Link

Welcome back to reality, the kid is a 5th rounder who may be placed on the PS. People thought JTO Douchebag was a God last year and he should of signed him to a longer contract....

Quote:

Quote:

Did I say the kid should start? Did I claim him to be the next great thing? did I do anything other than ask hmm wouldn't this be interesting. Next time read the post. Welcome back to reality

Don't think he was directing that post to you, just to the people who want him starting the regular season, unless your one of them??

Link

Quote:

Quote:

Then what exactly are you getting at by raising the question "what should we do if he destroys Dallas?? What do we do? I know it would be preseason but it would be against the Dallas starters minus blitz pachages and what not.

Are you merely getting at he should automatically be the #3 because he beat up Dallas...or are you pushing for more of a role?
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Link

Quote:

Quote:

Don't think he was directing that post to you, just to the people who want him starting the regular season, unless your one of them??

then why quote me if it was not directed?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Link

Quote:

Quote:

then why quote me if it was not directed?

My bad, looks like he was directing it at you.
Share 49ersWebzone