Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Look at the numbers Vernon is more productive than Walker.

Im not saying Vernon has been a Tony Gonzales or an Antonio Gates, but he has been better the Walker, and thats what this is about Walker vs Davis.

Davis is the better overall TE compared to Walker.
Does Davis need to pick up his production? No Doubt
Davis gives us the better chance to win because of his Overall skill set

I like Walker and he is doing exactly what he should do as a backup TE

Walker will get his chances, cuz like a previous poster said i think we will be using a lot of 2 TE sets, but he is nothing more than a sold backup pass catching TE

so basically by saying this with davis in our chances of losing are alot higher? hmmmm. i can't ever recall when davis has helped us win. our wins came off of defense. he has his moments of greatness. but his consistency has killed us. kinda like a smith.

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

in response to this... ima go with what "JOECOOL" said. Delanie Walker is a better play maker then Vernon Davis's is until proven otherwise!

Ok, but you DON'T think DW should start over VD despite DW being a greater playmaker, right?

I'm just trying to understand.

i'm saying if he had his chance. he wouldn't disappoint us. i know by watching him he never has. can't say the same for vd. now if you're asking me who i want starting of course i'm gonna say vernon. might as well make him work for his money! we don't invest into people to not play. but if you're asking me what i think of his production over the last few years... i aint pleased at all if this answers your question on who starts!

Holy crap, Walker has had his chance since coming to the 49ers and he's hasn't produced enough to warrant a starting position let alone unseat Davis.

of course he won't unless vernon gets hurt. or benched. he's our 6th pick overall, of course he's gonna play over a 6th rounder who makes not even a quarter of what vernon does.

i think with Sing as our coach it doesnt matter if you were a first rounder or 6th rounder if you are the better player and can help the team win you will start. Let me see if i can think of an example hmmmm oh yeah Shaun Hill is starting over Alex Smith,

Im not saying Vernon has been a Tony Gonzales or an Antonio Gates, but he has been better the Walker, and thats what this is about Walker vs Davis.

Walker will get his chances, cuz like a previous poster said i think we will be using a lot of 2 TE sets, but he is nothing more than a sold backup pass catching TE

so basically by saying this with davis in our chances of losing are alot higher? hmmmm. i can't ever recall when davis has helped us win. our wins came off of defense. he has his moments of greatness. but his consistency has killed us. kinda like a smith.

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

in response to this... ima go with what "JOECOOL" said. Delanie Walker is a better play maker then Vernon Davis's is until proven otherwise!

Ok, but you DON'T think DW should start over VD despite DW being a greater playmaker, right?

i'm saying if he had his chance. he wouldn't disappoint us. i know by watching him he never has. can't say the same for vd. now if you're asking me who i want starting of course i'm gonna say vernon. might as well make him work for his money! we don't invest into people to not play. but if you're asking me what i think of his production over the last few years... i aint pleased at all if this answers your question on who starts!

Holy crap, Walker has had his chance since coming to the 49ers and he's hasn't produced enough to warrant a starting position let alone unseat Davis.

of course he won't unless vernon gets hurt. or benched. he's our 6th pick overall, of course he's gonna play over a 6th rounder who makes not even a quarter of what vernon does.

Are you seriously coming at me with that argument when Josh Morgan is a sixth rounder?

It's not about where you get drafted, but what you do with the opportunities you are given, period.

That is why we have the Montanas, the Bradys and now our own J. Morgan as an example, later picks beating out higher picked players.

Heck, Alex Smith, #1 pick overall is being supplanted by Hill, a UDFA!

So, when Vernon finally shows off some receiving skills in the pre-season for the first time, you want to bench him?

Me thinks you didn't think this through.

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

i think with Sing as our coach it doesnt matter if you were a first rounder or 6th rounder if you are the better player and can help the team win you will start. Let me see if i can think of an example hmmmm oh yeah Shaun Hill is starting over Alex Smith,

ummm ya that's two totally different situations/positions. we also made changes in alex smiths payscale so it makes sense to have him sit. why are you egging on this topic? TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS. did they say their was a TE controversy?
ok ok ok.... lets see what vernon davis does for us this year. it's been 4 years! or should we just expect what we've seen from him so far. that's what i'm saying... keep eggin it on. i aint coming back in this thread. VERNON DAVIS= probowler = superstar... get real fellahs! potential is just potential if you man up to it! so far that hasn't happened. i aint trippen... be stuck on the the guys nuts! i aint... i think i've proved that situation!

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

ummm ya that's two totally different situations/positions. we also made changes in alex smiths payscale so it makes sense to have him sit. why are you egging on this topic? TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS. did they say their was a TE controversy?

Don't get your panties in a bunch, now.

You made statements and I responded to them and they are the same thing, man. Your point is that Walker wouldn't be shown the field because VD makes more money and was picked sixth. I gave examples of players who make my point.

I am saying it doesn't matter where you are picked and how much money you make, it depends on what you show on the field. This is no longer Nolan's team.

I was just responding to your position about Walker to begin with which I find laughable. That is all. Don't take it personally, but I am not the only one questioning your position on the Zone.

I know what you are trying to say and don't agree with it. That's OK, man.

Peace.
To think that Singletary would keep a player off the field because he makes less money than someone not getting the job done is beyond ridiculous...just plain ridiculous.

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

Don't get your panties in a bunch, now.

You made statements and I responded to them and they are the same thing, man. Your point is that Walker wouldn't be shown the field because VD makes more money and was picked sixth. I gave examples of players who make my point.

I am saying it doesn't matter where you are picked and how much money you make, it depends on what you show on the field. This is no longer Nolan's team.

I was just responding to your position about Walker to begin with which I find laughable. That is all. Don't take it personally, but I am not the only one questioning your position on the Zone.

I know what you are trying to say and don't agree with it. That's OK, man.

Peace.

amen!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
To think that Singletary would keep a player off the field because he makes less money than someone not getting the job done is beyond ridiculous...just plain ridiculous.

it happens man. you don't invest money into a player to see them sit behind someone that makes more. i mean in certain situations that point is different. but for the most part. money matters! especially to a owner, gm! if everything was based off of the last 2 years alex smith wouldn't have even had a chance at a qb competition. it had everything to do with money and where we drafted him!
8 pages......it really has built up some steam hasn't it
Originally posted by Allx9er:
8 pages......it really has built up some steam hasn't it

Did not read all the posts. But vernon davis is a probowler remember. He made it as an alternate. Walker?
veteran n00b