Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Joecool:
How about we just leave Davis as the starter seems how we now have a OC that actually knows how to utilize the TE position. Look for Davis to have a pretty good year. So far he has been thrown to 4 times in the preseason and while still catchable the pass was delivered high. So far he has been pretty solid this "preseason" Lets just hope it carries over to the regular season and he finally meets the expectations that he brought with him when he was drafted.

All in all, when Davis rests, the defense must deal with Walker.

You act like this guy has done so much and is so scary to defenses that the DC are planning around this guy. Truth is Davis is a bigger threat than Walker.

deal with Walker thats a good one.

That's not fair.

Life isn't fair. Just ask Alex Smith

Here we go with f**king Alex Smith!

Yah life aint fair for the Niners, they paid like 50 million for possibly being one of the worst QB's in niner history.

wow I guess some don't get jokes
How about we just leave Davis as the starter seems how we now have a OC that actually knows how to utilize the TE position. Look for Davis to have a pretty good year. So far he has been thrown to 4 times in the preseason and while still catchable the pass was delivered high. So far he has been pretty solid this "preseason" Lets just hope it carries over to the regular season and he finally meets the expectations that he brought with him when he was drafted.

You act like this guy has done so much and is so scary to defenses that the DC are planning around this guy. Truth is Davis is a bigger threat than Walker.

That's not fair.

Yah life aint fair for the Niners, they paid like 50 million for possibly being one of the worst QB's in niner history.

There is nothing funny about the whole A. Smith ordeal. The dude set our franchise back for at least 3 years. BUT PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS ANOTHER A. SMITH BLOG. PLEASE....

That's not fair.

There is nothing funny about the whole A. Smith ordeal. The dude set our franchise back for at least 3 years. BUT PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS ANOTHER A. SMITH BLOG. PLEASE....

The only one making it anything is you there big guy

That's not fair.

The only one making it anything is you there big guy

I'm done then.
That's a tough call. On the one hand Delanie is a better pass catcher. He has proven that with far fewer drops and he does take advantage of his opportunities. Davis is however an excellent blocker but he wasn't drafted to be a blocker. You almost have to start Davis though he did drop that 3rd down bullet from Smith in game 2.

I'd think we should talk about this mid-season after VD has had a chance to prove himself this year. If he disappoints again with plenty of opportunities than he should be demoted/traded but I am not the boss
I like Walker as much as the next Niner fan but he's simply not durable enough to be a full time starter. Sad thing is he's a way better route runner than Davis and can find the open spot but I don't think he could take the beating a TE takes in a full season.
Originally posted by DANADA:
omg really guys
2 TE sets....end of thread.
*modded*
[ Edited by kidash98 on Aug 25, 2009 at 11:48 PM ]
It's alive...run away...far away...the thread lives!!!!!!!!
Let's start him!!

[img=null] http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:HIgAi6by3OZnFM:http://www.toplessrobot.com/Episode_4_Luke_Skywalker_1.jpg
Let's start him!!

[img=null] http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:HIgAi6by3OZnFM:http://www.toplessrobot.com/Episode_4_Luke_Skywalker_1.jpg

fail!

Originally posted by kidash98:
Let's start him!!

fail!

I will have the last laugh, muwhahahah.

start bear
Originally posted by OO9ers:
With all the change going on it might me time to shake up the Tight End possition by benching Vernon Davis in favor of Delanie Walker.

Any Objection?

My only response is "WOW!?!"

Well, I guess I have another This is maybe the worst idea I have heard since "Let's trade Robert Parrish and the draft pick that is Kevin McHale for Joe Barry Carrol"