There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Martz - Niners will make the playoff's!

Mike Martz made both the QBs and WRs numbers look real good b.c he would call pass over 60% of the time. Yea both QBs combined passed for over 3500yds, but for example, i rather have Raye who will pound the ball especially when its working, than an OC who has a 9pt lead in the 4th qt and at the point our half back had over 100yds on like 17 carries, and he continues to pass the ball and we turn the ball over 3 times to lose the game!!! not to mention running the ball on the 2 with our 3rd string running back to try and win the game on the last play, when we have a top 5 back!!
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Aug 24, 2009 at 9:57 PM ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jwildz999:
Just now on the NFL Network. (It was in response too shaun hill being named started)

I know this isn't news, but its nice hearing it from someone who just got fired by us!

And (Mike Martz) would have NOTHING to do with it.....
Originally posted by crzy:
For all his faults, I'd still be more confident in this team's passing offense if Mike Martz was running things instead of Jimmy Raye. But we'll see.

cosigned.
Originally posted by crzy:
For all his faults, I'd still be more confident in this team's passing offense if Mike Martz was running things instead of Jimmy Raye.

But we'll see.

And on the other hand, I'd be much more confident with Raye's running offense.
Originally posted by 49erFan:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
My profile lists my pertinent info, I am not one of the internet tough guys that speaks his opinion from a position of anonymity. I say what I mean and am not afraid to back it up by putting my name in the profile. I am a grown man, not some kid like some that come to these forums to take out their aggression because their mommy canceled their world of warcraft account, or because they cannot get laid. If you have a problem with what I said, you are welcome to come on down to Memphis and we can discuss it man to man.

Did I really just read what I think I did?

Everyone move back and give these boys some room... We're going to have an old fashioned internet fight!

Stop instigating.
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Im one of the guys still saying it was a big mistake getting ride of this guy and I stand buy it. He doesnt have to jinx use or sound bitter when the 9ers have the league worst personnel on offense. Great coach.

If he is such a great coach why isn't he coaching now??

Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell for all those Martz fans that are blind to the reality of things.

this line of thought is pretty juvenile. I wonder what the average age of a Raye over Martz fan is?

From the quality of your posts on these forums, you have some nerve to be calling someone else juvenile. I do not know enough about Raye to know whether or not he will be a resounding success, but I know enough about Martz to know the he isn't relevant anymore, or else he would be coaching somewhere, even the NCAA. My profile lists my pertinent info, I am not one of the internet tough guys that speaks his opinion from a position of anonymity. I say what I mean and am not afraid to back it up by putting my name in the profile. I am a grown man, not some kid like some that come to these forums to take out their aggression because their mommy canceled their world of warcraft account, or because they cannot get laid. If you have a problem with what I said, you are welcome to come on down to Memphis and we can discuss it man to man.

WTF? What kind of post is this? You're not an internet tough guy but you want to meet him in Memphis to talk "man to man." Who the heck wants to go to Memphis? I've been to Memphis. It's terrrrrrrible. Anyway, if danimal wants to take you up on that offer, I've got danimal via first round TKO.

Look, I get it. You're pissed because Alex got beat out. Do you really think it matters? They both pretty much suck and they are playing for two guys (Sing, Raye) that have no business being in charge of any damn team. I'm freaking stunned. We have been reduced to arguing over what level of crappiness we will achieve this year. Martz was yanking the motivators chain. Half of Martz's brain functions better than these two (Sing, Raye) never should have beens combined.

Why would I be pissed that Smith isn't starting? I wanted the best guy to start, Coach made the call, and since he is a Head coach and I am just a fan, I trust he made the right call. I actually agree with you that neither is impressive, but that is about all we agree on. Martz being a good coach 10 years ago, not up for debate, as for him being relevant now isn't either.

I do not know Danimal, but I am not afraid of any man, and I suppose if there were a fight, neither one of us would be happy after it was over. Being 6'6" , 275 pounds, and having been a bouncer and stagehand for 20+ years,I am confident that I can hold my own. By the time a situation diminishes into physicality, lives would be on the line, no one wins in those kind of situations. My father taught me that fighting is serious business and not something to go into with a light heart.

Anyway, the part about not being an internet tough guy was only implying that it is easy to make unqualified judgments and call people names from a position of anonymity, many here do it, only a very few have the stones to actually back up their opinions with their identities. I put my name and info in my profile because I do not hide behind anonymity because I believe in what I say and am not afraid to stand behind it.

Since you know where Memphis is...why don't you send me an email next time you are through town and we will do BBQ and beers. There are some nice places in Memphis, plenty of fun stuff to do, lots of live music, and plenty of hot women. I have been all over the country this side of the Rockies and still choose to live here, unless you have done more than just drive through on the interstate you really can't say you know this town.
Every Martz led offense leads the league in Sacks and rank near the top in INT and QB Fumbles.

He should never have been hired in the first place.. glad he is gone.
Martz has his pros & cons. With the right team & personnel, he could do some serious damage against an opposing defense. There is no question on that, because he has done it at the highest level. He wasn't a good fit here though with this personnell and new head coach.

I am not a Martz fanboy or anything. I just think there is some heavy embellishing going on when forum posters paint the picture he is some kind of pariah with no useful coaching skills left in him. Just because he is not coaching anywhere this year says nothing really.
Im one of the guys still saying it was a big mistake getting ride of this guy and I stand buy it. He doesnt have to jinx use or sound bitter when the 9ers have the league worst personnel on offense. Great coach.

Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell for all those Martz fans that are blind to the reality of things.

this line of thought is pretty juvenile. I wonder what the average age of a Raye over Martz fan is?

From the quality of your posts on these forums, you have some nerve to be calling someone else juvenile. I do not know enough about Raye to know whether or not he will be a resounding success, but I know enough about Martz to know the he isn't relevant anymore, or else he would be coaching somewhere, even the NCAA. My profile lists my pertinent info, I am not one of the internet tough guys that speaks his opinion from a position of anonymity. I say what I mean and am not afraid to back it up by putting my name in the profile. I am a grown man, not some kid like some that come to these forums to take out their aggression because their mommy canceled their world of warcraft account, or because they cannot get laid. If you have a problem with what I said, you are welcome to come on down to Memphis and we can discuss it man to man.

WTF? What kind of post is this? You're not an internet tough guy but you want to meet him in Memphis to talk "man to man." Who the heck wants to go to Memphis? I've been to Memphis. It's terrrrrrrible. Anyway, if danimal wants to take you up on that offer, I've got danimal via first round TKO.

Look, I get it. You're pissed because Alex got beat out. Do you really think it matters? They both pretty much suck and they are playing for two guys (Sing, Raye) that have no business being in charge of any damn team. I'm freaking stunned. We have been reduced to arguing over what level of crappiness we will achieve this year. Martz was yanking the motivators chain. Half of Martz's brain functions better than these two (Sing, Raye) never should have beens combined.

Why would I be pissed that Smith isn't starting? I wanted the best guy to start, Coach made the call, and since he is a Head coach and I am just a fan, I trust he made the right call. I actually agree with you that neither is impressive, but that is about all we agree on. Martz being a good coach 10 years ago, not up for debate, as for him being relevant now isn't either.

I do not know Danimal, but I am not afraid of any man, and I suppose if there were a fight, neither one of us would be happy after it was over. Being 6'6" , 275 pounds, and having been a bouncer and stagehand for 20+ years,I am confident that I can hold my own. By the time a situation diminishes into physicality, lives would be on the line, no one wins in those kind of situations. My father taught me that fighting is serious business and not something to go into with a light heart.

Anyway, the part about not being an internet tough guy was only implying that it is easy to make unqualified judgments and call people names from a position of anonymity, many here do it, only a very few have the stones to actually back up their opinions with their identities. I put my name and info in my profile because I do not hide behind anonymity because I believe in what I say and am not afraid to stand behind it.

Since you know where Memphis is...why don't you send me an email next time you are through town and we will do BBQ and beers. There are some nice places in Memphis, plenty of fun stuff to do, lots of live music, and plenty of hot women. I have been all over the country this side of the Rockies and still choose to live here, unless you have done more than just drive through on the interstate you really can't say you know this town.

I wasn't a huge fan of Memphis, but to be fair, I was only there for a week. I'll take you up on the offer if I get back there. Beers are on me.
I respect Mike Martz...but, as strange as it might sound, he's become a bit of a coaching dinosaur in the NFL. His greatest show on turf worked because he had the right personnel to run it on a fast indoor field. It was a trendy, fast-paced, high risk-high reward offense. NFL teams today run more well-rounded offenses and play tough defense to be playoff teams. Yes, there are some exceptions...like the Pats when Brady's healthy, Peyton's Colts and yeah, the Cards. They pass first...and have had some success doing it. They also have Pro Bowl QB's...so it makes sense to go with your strengths. We don't have a QB like that, so we have to win other ways. Tenn, Steelers, Ravens, Dolphins, etc. are teams that tend to grind it out, but still have solid passing attacks. Balance also works in the NFL...look at the Falcons...think for a minute Ryan has success if Turner's ground game doesn't explode? So, what Martz is saying is he thinks Singletary has the balance to get his team to the playoffs.

holy off topic batman

I wasn't a huge fan of Memphis, but to be fair, I was only there for a week. I'll take you up on the offer if I get back there. Beers are on me.

someones tryin to get laid
Originally posted by RonMexico:

someones tryin to get laid

We need a Photoshop of that :O
I do respect Martz. Yet his od´ffence workes between the two 20 yard lines. Even at his last years in ST.Louis they were terrible in the red zone.

Isaac Bruce himslef said that in 1999 the WRs were always wide open. At the end of Martz tenuere in St.Louis they were covered, defences have caught up with him.

The game is constantly evolving, the cover 2 was designed to stop the BWO ( I´m intentionally calling it the Bill Walsh Offence).
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by 49erFan:
My profile lists my pertinent info, I am not one of the internet tough guys that speaks his opinion from a position of anonymity. I say what I mean and am not afraid to back it up by putting my name in the profile. I am a grown man, not some kid like some that come to these forums to take out their aggression because their mommy canceled their world of warcraft account, or because they cannot get laid. If you have a problem with what I said, you are welcome to come on down to Memphis and we can discuss it man to man.

Did I really just read what I think I did?

Everyone move back and give these boys some room... We're going to have an old fashioned internet fight!

Stop instigating.

Instigating?

I would hope after reading that someone might sit back and laugh. Perhaps think a little about just how silly it is to call someone on to fight on an internet message board... To each their own.