LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Dyrell Briggs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by jta854:
Whats going on with this guy? I haven't heard very much about him.

Having a very good camp, and gained a lot of weight.

I thought he was one of the most surprising players last year. Easily the best of our undrafted rookie class. Had a great preseason, and seemed to be doing well when they promoted him to the active roster later in the year.

I thought that this year with Laboy and Brooks around, Briggs would be 50/50 to make the team. But with injuries to those other guys I think Briggs has a very good chance to make the team this year. And if he keeps improving on his level from last year, he could be a valuable bench player for us.

He's definitely one of the players I'm excited to watch this preseason.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

I thought he was one of the most surprising players last year. Easily the best of our undrafted rookie class. Had a great preseason, and seemed to be doing well when they promoted him to the active roster later in the year.

I thought that this year with Laboy and Brooks around, Briggs would be 50/50 to make the team. But with injuries to those other guys I think Briggs has a very good chance to make the team this year. And if he keeps improving on his level from last year, he could be a valuable bench player for us.

+1
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

+1

Let hope we can see some marked improvement from Briggs. You never know with these UDFA guys, but I liked what I saw in Briggs last year.

Could he be the next James Harrison? Who knows. But with Manny in a contract year, McKillop to IR, and Brooks recovering from the kidney injury, he's got a better shot than originally anticipated.
Welcome back Mr. Briggs...Good Luck my friend...
Definitely think he has potential! I forgot which preseason game it was last year (maybe Broncos?) but he seemed to completely take over the defensive side of the game for the Niners... to the point where he was making every play and it looked like he could barely walk from exhaustion.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

+1

WORD! I'm going to DVR the Niner game in INDY this Sunday. I hope Briggs and Z both get plenty of playing time. Those 2 youngsters have alot riding on these preseason games.
He had a great game.
He had a great game.

yeah he did. Our LBs =
You cut Briggs hoping he lands in PS, huge mistake! He is prime to make a difference this year.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Players are most familiar with other players in their own position group. So, it's not surprising that 2 veteran LB's named Briggs. It is somewhat surprising that they named Briggs instead of McKillop, whom the coaches seem to love. Briggs looks like a no-brainer for the PS. Give him a year in the system to bulk-up a little, learn the NFL ropes, and next year, when Ulbrich retires, he can be a strong competitor for that roster spot. Barring injury, no LB roster spot available for 2009.

no way he will stick on the practice squad now, what the hell are you talking about.

then i said oh wait a year in the system? learn the ropes? ulbrich retire? oh this was last year.

Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
You cut Briggs hoping he lands in PS, huge mistake! He is prime to make a difference this year.

He and Brooks (when healthy) in on pass rush situations--suddenly we have the ability to bring some pressure from the outside!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
He was awesome
IF he keeps it up, Laboy will not make the team.
Briggs was very solid today, he was in on many plays. I will be looking forward to watching him make big defensive plays for us.

even the INT was great...had he not fumbled it back to them, but hey it was preseason.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Briggs was very solid today, he was in on many plays. I will be looking forward to watching him make big defensive plays for us.

even the INT was great...had he not fumbled it back to them, but hey it was preseason.

He was a beast all game long. His INT was just sick
Share 49ersWebzone