There are 188 users in the forums

I say we try nate davis with first team offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I say we try nate davis with first team offense

Well you guys are getting your wish!

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/08/hill-has-ailing.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A

KNBR said Davis might start pending Hills injury and Sings decision to save him for opening day.

Hey I wouldn't mind getting another longer glimpse of Davis in the Dallas game.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:

It's going to be all bench players, and Davis will be passing against air. His stats will look good (no defense), and everyone will overreact. Yay.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

It's going to be all bench players, and Davis will be passing against air. His stats will look good (no defense), and everyone will overreact. Yay.

Agreed.

NFL defenses will eat Nate Davis alive. If he's the only option at starter for the opener -- kiss any playoff hopes for this year goodbye.

Nate really needs to sit and learn for a year or two. He can be inserted for key plays -- much like Walsh did with Montana -- but he's not ready for the NFL yet.

I just hope Shaun is OK. I wouldn't even play him this week. Let him get some rest, then some work in the final exhibition game.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Agreed.

NFL defenses will eat Nate Davis alive. If he's the only option at starter for the opener -- kiss any playoff hopes for this year goodbye.

Nate really needs to sit and learn for a year or two. He can be inserted for key plays -- much like Walsh did with Montana -- but he's not ready for the NFL yet.

I just hope Shaun is OK. I wouldn't even play him this week. Let him get some rest, then some work in the final exhibition game.

Bill, you agreed with pants and than your post was exactly the opposite of what he said. Did you even read his post?
Originally posted by NJNiner:

Agreed.

Bill, you agreed with pants and than your post was exactly the opposite of what he said. Did you even read his post?

He agreed with me completely. I think Nate Davis would suck against an NFL defense (not a 3rd string preseason D). I think after he plays in the Dallas game, there will be TONS of posts calling for him to be the starter because of his awesome QB rating (against air).
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Well you guys are getting your wish!

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/08/hill-has-ailing.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A

Agreed.

He agreed with me completely. I think Nate Davis would suck against an NFL defense (not a 3rd string preseason D). I think after he plays in the Dallas game, there will be TONS of posts calling for him to be the starter because of his awesome QB rating (against air).

Um... If Hill sits , wouldn't Davis play against Dallas' first team defense? So if he does really well, of course there would be some sort of positive reaction.
[ Edited by Method on Aug 26, 2009 at 12:41 PM ]

Agreed.

Welcome to Mod-dom.

Hill is having back issues. Didn't he fracture a bone in his back during the 07 or 08 season? Could this be a lingering issue from that injury?
Originally posted by Method:

Agreed.

Um... If Hill sits , wouldn't Davis play against Dallas' first team defense? So if he does really well, of course there would be some sort of positive reaction.

Yes, he would play against Dallas' first team D, if Dallas' first team D were playing (and caring). See, this is how the overreacting starts.

Agreed.

Yes, he would play against Dallas' first team D, if Dallas' first team D were playing (and caring). See, this is how the overreacting starts.

But it will be at the right pace... He should not start the season but if he does well we can look forward to a good qb of the future...
Originally posted by spraked:

Agreed.

But it will be at the right pace... He should not start the season but if he does well we can look forward to a good qb of the future...

I'm just saying that you won't be able to judge anything based on his performance in the last preseason game this year...but everyone is going to.
Originally posted by spraked:

Agreed.

I'm just saying that you won't be able to judge anything based on his performance in the last preseason game this year...but everyone is going to.

they already judged him based on his performance against the raiders 3rd string D
Share 49ersWebzone