LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

I say we try nate davis with first team offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I say we try nate davis with first team offense

Can this thread be erased so people going to this thread don't think 49er fans are bat sh*t crazy?

Every year people take preseason and make it into something it's not.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by carlgo:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by carlgo:
Who has the best QB skills right now, experienced or not?

Are either Smith and Hill going to get any better?

Dyslexia is not a "dumb" issue, or one that effects "quick thinking". Davis is not handicapped. Sing understands this and has said, clearly, that it is simply something that requires a different teaching method.

Did Davis look befuddled or rookie-ish?

There is no inherent reason he could not be successful as a rookie, like others have over the years.

Sing will start Hill, but don't be surprised if Davis comes in later in the year for that spark. I predicted some time ago that Davis will surprise people by being the starter by the end of this year.

And that was before we saw him even play.

He was playing against backups not starters.

He could be playing against 8th graders. It is his physical and evident mental skills that were on display.

Certainly if the Faders had brought five all-pros in on blitzes every time, then... no, wait, he would have done EVEN BETTER because he would have had a chance to evade them, run around and fire in a pass to a scrambling receiver.

It is Smith/Hill who would have failed! Actually, they DID against the Fader's starters. Even when Coffee was running for 10 yards a carry, they failed!

Frankly, it seems that a lot of Smith/Hill fans are afraid that their guy is going to be sitting before long.

Regarding your last sentence, people like you are fragmenting the zone. Smith guys and Hill guys. Now guess what? We have a couple of Davis guys. Lot of people here have hopes for him in the long term, and how does that get interpretted? That we are afraid that "our" qb is going to lose out.

People like you seem to have lost touch with the idea of supporting the team, and prefer to follow their own little cliche.

Well Buddy, whoever is under center, I support the team. This place has disintegrated into rival factions this off season and it is time to put it behind us.

So, you want all the posters on a sports forum to speak with one voice and to agree on who the best players are at each position? That will never happen.

Every fan has an argument for the QB they think will bring the most success to the team. Nobody has argued their case for any selfish reasons at all.

It actually makes no difference if this or any other forum is fragmented. It is for entertainment purposes only and nobody cares. If the 9ers thought that our opinions were important they would offer a cushy job with benefits, a Gold Rush companion and free food.

The words "Well, Buddy..." seem so...unbuddyish.

You meant to say "clique", not "cliche". Our Davis clique is small, but growing. Soon others will want to be in it. Since we are a nice clique, not snotty at all, we will accept any and all.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
People seem to forget that Davis was a first round prospect who dropped because of his disability. If it wasn't for this disability then Davis would have been selected in the first round and would have been part of the competition for starting QB. Although it was against the Raiders second and third team defense, Davis performed admirably showed many skills that Hill and Smith do not posses such as poise in the pocket, a strong arm, the ability to elude the rush, and accuracy.
Originally posted by obx49:
People seem to forget that Davis was a first round prospect who dropped because of his disability. If it wasn't for this disability then Davis would have been selected in the first round and would have been part of the competition for starting QB. Although it was against the Raiders second and third team defense, Davis performed admirably showed many skills that Hill and Smith do not posses such as poise in the pocket, a strong arm, the ability to elude the rush, and accuracy.

I thought he dropped because of the back-to-back bad games towards the end of the season.

For some reason, i doubt that...

Show me a link?

-9fA
Originally posted by genus49:
Can this thread be erased so people going to this thread don't think 49er fans are bat sh*t crazy?

Every year people take preseason and make it into something it's not.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Show me a link?

-9fA

Hey, get OTC from the Draft side...he knows about this kid as he was the one that turned most of us on to him. I don't think Davis was looked at as a 1st rdr, but either second or third I believe...still don't remember.

Some help OTC, please...

Show me a link?

-9fA

Davis was very highly regarded going into that season. Not sure why a link has to be necessary. You either follow the draft or you don't. His stock slipped later in the year and his learning disability was a big part of why.

But here you go - first link when you google 'nate davis nfl draft'

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1740
Hill is the QB and he needs the snaps and the time with the first team. Nate Davis shows some promise, but he has a long wait to get to the first team.
wow he's playing against 3rd stringers. hasn't shown me crap

Originally posted by genus49:

Show me a link?

-9fA

Davis was very highly regarded going into that season. Not sure why a link has to be necessary. You either follow the draft or you don't. His stock slipped later in the year and his learning disability was a big part of why.

But here you go - first link when you google 'nate davis nfl draft'

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1740

Thanks for the link but i was looking for a specific link that stated that his fall from the first round was because of his mental disability. The article you linked speculates that the slip was more so due to poor performance in workouts and a mediocre offseason.

By the way, your link was the only that i found that had him projecting in the 1st round before his decline.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Aug 24, 2009 at 8:46 PM ]
Well now, surprise, surprise; as of today. Since Smith is hurt again; his thumb is in a plastic cast, he will not play this week and MS says maybe not the last preseason game too. Then he goes on to say, ahhh Davis is going to play the second half of the Dallas game.

Now if this actually takes place, who wants to bet against him playing a ton in the last preseason game? I think we are going to find out a lot about him in the next couple weeks; I'm hoping it will be for the good. You know one of the good things about MS is he isn't afraid to play any player if he thinks they will produce..

Look what he has done to this point with JT, V Davis, JJ and others.I really like that about him, though the 60-40% run game I'm not a fan of.

It's going to an interesting next 2 weeks to me, and this Dallas game is going to be a real game for a while, Romo's supposed to be lighting it up, so we are going to see just how much we need a pass rush, and the ability to put some numbers in a hurry.

I'm all for Hill, but I don't think he is a long term answer, but you never know.. We need an impact player @QB, I'm not saying Davis is that player, but how will we know if he doesn't' get a chance, and he is, going to get it, looks like. Dat is cool.

One other thing; isn't it kind of stunning how fast MS has put Smith on the back burner? I mean he sprains his thumb and right away Davis is moved uo, probably Huard too, and there is NO mention when Smith will play again. I'll tell you, it feels real good to get this QB competition out of the way and get to the mater in hand of tuning the O to players skill sets.

NINERS!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Aug 24, 2009 at 9:55 PM ]
I don't think Sing is down with Huard.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Hey look PUPPIES!!!

Originally posted by crzy:
Hey look PUPPIES!!!

Roast suckling puppy, Ummmmm!
Share 49ersWebzone