LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

I say we try nate davis with first team offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I say we try nate davis with first team offense

I don't know about that but I do think he is better then Smith. Davis and Hill will compete for the job next year once we give Alex the boot.
Who has the best QB skills right now, experienced or not?

Are either Smith and Hill going to get any better?

Dyslexia is not a "dumb" issue, or one that effects "quick thinking". Davis is not handicapped. Sing understands this and has said, clearly, that it is simply something that requires a different teaching method.

Did Davis look befuddled or rookie-ish?

There is no inherent reason he could not be successful as a rookie, like others have over the years.

Sing will start Hill, but don't be surprised if Davis comes in later in the year for that spark. I predicted some time ago that Davis will surprise people by being the starter by the end of this year.

And that was before we saw him even play.
Originally posted by carlgo:

Dyslexia is not a "dumb" issue, or one that effects "quick thinking". Davis is not handicapped. Sing understands this and has said, clearly, that it is simply something that requires a different teaching method.

There is no inherent reason he could not be successful as a rookie, like others have over the years.

Sing will start Hill, but don't be surprised if Davis comes in later in the year for that spark. I predicted some time ago that Davis will surprise people by being the starter by the end of this year.

He was playing against backups not starters.
I believe Nate Davis should get the start this week against Dallas. Regardless of him working with the second and third teams, he looked excellent. The Oakland Raiders had heavy pressure on him and he didn’t even flinch. Instead, he kept his composure just like a veteran quarterback. When their was nobody open, he just through the ball away rather than force something that wasn’t there. When their was somebody open, he showed great arm strength and accuracy. He left no opportunities on the field, he made every play he needed to win the game. Including that two point conversion. Obviously we have a great running game and we need a quarterback who can manage the game well and not make mistakes. Alex Smith and Shaun Hill were trying to rush there throws and force things that weren’t there. They had all day to throw the ball and yet they did nothing to help there cause . While on the other hand the second and third string lineman gave Davis virtually no time and he played a lot better than Alex and Shaun. Davis also made a couple of crucial third down conversion to keep the drive alive. Alex and Shaun obviously could not sustain there drives. So give Nate Davis a fair shot, after all the 9ers must have drafted him for a reason.
No...

that is all
this is hilarious...sure then well start sheets over gore because he had a better YPC average against those 3rd stringers...he's a rookie who had one good series...he should not start ever...you people are funny
Its funny because outside of the webzone EVERYBODY i know says we dont have a QB lol .. Its almost just a matter of fact thing at this point I cant get anyone to buy into Alex Smith or Shaun Hill. As much as we like to believe in our guys Nate Davis could in fact be better. Does that mean he should start? NO .. but we would be dumb to subject him to waivers he looks to have some talent. If the 49ers were to throw him in with the first team during pre-season I wouldnt be mad but its not that simple. The message that would send to Shaun and Alex could really hurt the team in the short term ..
Originally posted by jreff22:

He could be playing against 8th graders. It is his physical and evident mental skills that were on display.

Certainly if the Faders had brought five all-pros in on blitzes every time, then... no, wait, he would have done EVEN BETTER because he would have had a chance to evade them, run around and fire in a pass to a scrambling receiver.

It is Smith/Hill who would have failed! Actually, they DID against the Fader's starters. Even when Coffee was running for 10 yards a carry, they failed!

Frankly, it seems that a lot of Smith/Hill fans are afraid that their guy is going to be sitting before long.
Also, remember another thing.......2nd string.....3rd string....you take the the Raiders 3rd string D and they would go in and decimate any college offense right now. As much as I hate the Faders, a 2nd string team in the pros would still destroy any college team because they were at least considered "very good" to get to the NFL in the first place.

I say name Hill the starter as he flat out deserves it and move on. He should play the entire first half and have Smith play the 3rd quarter and Davis the 4th. Huard already has plenty of experience and I'm supremely confident in him coming in if need be. I still remember him destroying us 2 or 3 years ago. Ugly...ugly game.
Maybe for the fourth game, when the starters barely play at all. Just curious to see what he does against first string D of another team...

He could be playing against 8th graders. It is his physical and evident mental skills that were on display.

Certainly if the Faders had brought five all-pros in on blitzes every time, then... no, wait, he would have done EVEN BETTER because he would have had a chance to evade them, run around and fire in a pass to a scrambling receiver.

It is Smith/Hill who would have failed! Actually, they DID against the Fader's starters. Even when Coffee was running for 10 yards a carry, they failed!

Frankly, it seems that a lot of Smith/Hill fans are afraid that their guy is going to be sitting before long.

Regarding your last sentence, people like you are fragmenting the zone. Smith guys and Hill guys. Now guess what? We have a couple of Davis guys. Lot of people here have hopes for him in the long term, and how does that get interpretted? That we are afraid that "our" qb is going to lose out.

People like you seem to have lost touch with the idea of supporting the team, and prefer to follow their own little cliche.

Well Buddy, whoever is under center, I support the team. This place has disintegrated into rival factions this off season and it is time to put it behind us.
Wow, I was so impressed with Nate Davis on Saturday. It just sucks that he will most likely loose out to Huard and end up on the PS this year. I think that he is a strong candidate for the back up spot next year, after Smith gets the boot.
Count me among the growing number of Niner fans who believe Davis has a future with the team. However, he's a rookie with a lot to learn...preseason game #3 is key for both Hill and Alex. Each will get maximum opportunity to run the offense...meaning there'll be little left over for Davis or Huard. After both QB's get their reps, the 1st string OL, receivers and RB's will also come out. In essence, there's really no way for Davis to get reps with the first team.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Count me among the growing number of Niner fans who believe Davis has a future with the team. However, he's a rookie with a lot to learn...preseason game #3 is key for both Hill and Alex. Each will get maximum opportunity to run the offense...meaning there'll be little left over for Davis or Huard. After both QB's get their reps, the 1st string OL, receivers and RB's will also come out. In essence, there's really no way for Davis to get reps with the first team.

That's for sure. Sing has enough problems of who to start, Hill or Smith. He is not going to take away playing time from them to see if a low draft Qb is the answer. Which he is not at this time.
Hey look PUPPIES!!!

How did you get a picture of the Raiders 1st team front 4 looking at Coffee getting
ready to explode on them?
Share 49ersWebzone