There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

what quarter does smith block ellis?

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CoffeeMachine:
Originally posted by genus49:
You're a troll. I feel sorry for people like you since you clearly hate on a player so much you cannot see things in perspective.

Plays like the one Smith did on Ellis don't only excite the fans, they fire up the team - offense and defense a like. It shows that your QB isn't afraid of contact and seeing as how that's his surgically repaired shoulder it shows he's not babying it which would impact his game big time.

The interception wasn't his fault as Morgan should've caught that ball. So yes I think we should praise Alex for not allowing the defender to just stroll into the endzone. I've seen many qbs run away or chase the defender halfassed because they were afraid to get hit. Smith caught up to him and threw him down. The defense did their job and held them out of the endzone.

But you go ahead and continue to bash Smith for stuff that's not even his fault

No need to toss out insults. The fact is that Alex Smith was heralded as the next franchise QB and has done nothing. You can argue offensive coordinators all you want but great QBs don't really need to worry about that.

Regarding the hit that Alex Smith put on Ellis, it didn't really fire up anyone as it was a loss of yards. What fired people up was Coffee's monster runs. The offense fed off of that and even M-Rob ended up with a big 3rd quarter.

About the pass to Morgan that was tipped and intercepted, please don't tell me that you are blaming the wideout on trying to catch a ball that the QB threw too high. The announcers even said during the game that you don't throw high in the middle like that.

Alex Smith has a lot of physical skills but he just makes poor decisions.

Quote:
“I thought I was going to get hit, so I wanted to go up and snatch the ball with my hands,” Morgan said. “I should've just secured the catch.”

Morgan even admits it was his fault.
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Nes49:
Quote:
“I thought I was going to get hit, so I wanted to go up and snatch the ball with my hands,” Morgan said. “I should've just secured the catch.”

Of course he does, he's a solid player that doesn't have a great big ego and blames other people (aka Terrell Owens).

Alex Smith threw the ball WELL above the numbers. Don't go blaming the wideout for trying to snatch it. Or would you rather have another Brandon Lloyd and see the wideout duck under the ball?
Originally posted by Nes49:
Quote:

Of course he does, he's a solid player that doesn't have a great big ego and blames other people (aka Terrell Owens).

Alex Smith threw the ball WELL above the numbers. Don't go blaming the wideout for trying to snatch it. Or would you rather have another Brandon Lloyd and see the wideout duck under the ball?

This guy is a troll, just ignore him.....he can choose to accept or ignore the facts on his own.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
You're a troll. I feel sorry for people like you since you clearly hate on a player so much you cannot see things in perspective.

Plays like the one Smith did on Ellis don't only excite the fans, they fire up the team - offense and defense a like. It shows that your QB isn't afraid of contact and seeing as how that's his surgically repaired shoulder it shows he's not babying it which would impact his game big time.

The interception wasn't his fault as Morgan should've caught that ball. So yes I think we should praise Alex for not allowing the defender to just stroll into the endzone. I've seen many qbs run away or chase the defender halfassed because they were afraid to get hit. Smith caught up to him and threw him down. The defense did their job and held them out of the endzone.

No need to toss out insults. The fact is that Alex Smith was heralded as the next franchise QB and has done nothing. You can argue offensive coordinators all you want but great QBs don't really need to worry about that.

Regarding the hit that Alex Smith put on Ellis, it didn't really fire up anyone as it was a loss of yards. What fired people up was Coffee's monster runs. The offense fed off of that and even M-Rob ended up with a big 3rd quarter.

About the pass to Morgan that was tipped and intercepted, please don't tell me that you are blaming the wideout on trying to catch a ball that the QB threw too high. The announcers even said during the game that you don't throw high in the middle like that.

Tom Moore has coached Peyton Manning for 12 years. John Elway had Mike Shannahan for his entire career. Joe Montana had Bill Walsh for the large majority of his career.

And you were saying?
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:

Tom Moore has coached Peyton Manning for 12 years. John Elway had Mike Shannahan for his entire career. Joe Montana had Bill Walsh for the large majority of his career.

And you were saying?

Thank You....
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A

And you were saying?

Are you sure about that? I seem to recall John Elway started playing for the Broncos in 1983. Mike Shanahan was OC for the Broncos from 1985-87 and then 1995-2008 as head coach. John Elway had Shanahan his entire career? There's like an 8 YEAR gap that Elway still produced HOF numbers without Shanahan even being involved.
[ Edited by CoffeeMachine on Aug 23, 2009 at 2:18 PM ]

And you were saying?

Are you sure about that? I seem to recall John Elway started playing for the Broncos in 1983. Mike Shanahan was OC for the Broncos from 1985-87 and then 1995-2008 as head coach. John Elway had Shanahan his entire career? There's like an 8 YEAR gap that Elway still produced HOF numbers without Shanahan even being involved.

really?

17 TDs and 17 INTs is HOF numbers? and a low 70's QB rating?

http://www.nfl.com/players/johnelway/profile?id=ELW276861
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
anybody got a clip of the hit on ellis?

Cool, now we got to get the Throwdown to save the TD.

Morgan himself said he should have caught that ball, it hit him in the hands.
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I already answered that one above. Morgan is a class guy that isn't going to blame his QB (ala Terrell Owens).
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I already answered that one above. Morgan is a class guy that isn't going to blame his QB (ala Terrell Owens).

well when you get 2 hands on the ball there is almosty no excuse for why you dropped it. and there is NO excuse for why he dropped it.

show me a great QB and i will show you a QB who was in a similar scheme through all his great years.

hell just look at favre last year. he asked the jets playbook to be lessened because he couldn't take it all in.
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
well when you get 2 hands on the ball there is almosty no excuse for why you dropped it. and there is NO excuse for why he dropped it.

show me a great QB and i will show you a QB who was in a similar scheme through all his great years.

hell just look at favre last year. he asked the jets playbook to be lessened because he couldn't take it all in.

Maybe 2 hands at the numbers is inexcusable. When it is thrown above him at a bad angle I merely applaud Morgan for actually going for the ball.

Maybe 2 hands at the numbers is inexcusable. When it is thrown above him at a bad angle I merely applaud Morgan for actually going for the ball.

The pass to Morgan would have hit him in the facemask, your assertion that it was too high makes me wonder if you are.

you applaud the player for doing what he is supposed to do?

so last year did you applaud barry sims when he would get run over by LBers, because he tried?

if it hit 1 hand, you can excuse a drop. with 2 hands, if he drops it because he gets lit up or had to go to the ground to make the catch. but when the ball goes through your hands, no excuse, he dropped it before he got hit.

WTF. Why do we pay these WRs all this money then?

I don't understand this double standard. We expect Smith to make every type of throw on every type of play in every type of situation...perfectly "in the numbers..."

But when the WR, who is a pro NFL player as well, has to reach a little bit or turn around or whatever then it's this huge problem. And it's all on the...qb?

Cmon man. You know all those "spectacular" catches we saw Rice make...they were spectacular because HE had to adjust to make those catches.

Let's get real. QBs have to make the throw I agree but to never expect the WRs to have to reach for a ball or extend their hands or just, oh I dunno, make a fukin play, is a ridiculous double standard.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home