There are 207 users in the forums

NateDog

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Davis has promise, but I'm interested in how he performs facing 1st & 2nd team defenses.

But in terms of the future, Hill or Smith clearly isn't the answer.

Draft a solid quarterback next year along with a DE or a safety in the first.

Do you not think that the current coaching staff can fix Smith? He has shown improvement so far, even a die hard hater like you has to see that Smith has been getting the coaching he didn't from Hostler. Three of those passes last night should have been caught, especially the one that Morgan volley balled into the air for the pick.

He`s just a damn hater, hes hopeless...
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I thought Nate Clements really stunk it up last night

I don't agree. He got beat on that one play but smartly gave up only a passing interference call instead of the TD.

The TD that was given up wasn't his fault. He played zone coverage like he was supposed to. It was the safety, Mark Roman, that didn't cover his man properly and gave up the TD (go figure).
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Davis has promise, but I'm interested in how he performs facing 1st & 2nd team defenses.

But in terms of the future, Hill or Smith clearly isn't the answer.

Draft a solid quarterback next year along with a DE or a safety in the first.

Do you not think that the current coaching staff can fix Smith? He has shown improvement so far, even a die hard hater like you has to see that Smith has been getting the coaching he didn't from Hostler. Three of those passes last night should have been caught, especially the one that Morgan volley balled into the air for the pick.

He`s just a damn hater, hes hopeless...
c(__)

care mug is empty
I'm getting excited over Nate Davis from what I saw last night and from hearing about this kid.

Interesting to note that Nate Davis scored a 10 on the wonderlic test (old news).

NFL average (19.5)
Nate Davis (11)
Donavan McNabb (12)
Vince Young (15)
Kordell Stewart (15)

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/post.php?board=nfldraft&type=reply&num=123315

I really don't think the wonderlic test will utimately decide if a QB will be good or not in the NFL.

Another knock on Davis is his height at 6-2 and a 40 time of 5 sec. From what I read scouts prefer the shorter QBs to be more athletic and quicker.
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
I'm getting excited over Nate Davis from what I saw last night and from hearing about this kid.

Interesting to note that Nate Davis scored a 10 on the wonderlic test (old news).

NFL average (19.5)
Nate Davis (11)
Donavan McNabb (12)
Vince Young (15)
Kordell Stewart (15)

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/post.php?board=nfldraft&type=reply&num=123315

I really don't think the wonderlic test will utimately decide if a QB will be good or not in the NFL.

Another knock on Davis is his height at 6-2 and a 40 time of 5 sec. From what I read scouts prefer the shorter QBs to be more athletic and quicker.

Alex Smith got a 40 on the Wonderlic. He's one of the worst QBs in franchise history. No real need to bring up the Wonderlic....honestly.
First string qb- Shaun Hill

Second String- Damon Huard

Third String- Nate Davis

Dump Alex and his 4 million dollar contract like a hot potatoe. Huard is as good or better than Hill and Smith, which basically means the Niners do not have a decent QB.
I say if we have a mediocre year (9-7, 8-8, or below 0.500), we announce a wide open QB competition in 2010 and let Nate Davis compete for the starting job!

Or shall we sit him longer???
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erred:

Third String- Nate Davis

Dump Alex and his 4 million dollar contract like a hot potatoe. Huard is as good or better than Hill and Smith, which basically means the Niners do not have a decent QB.

I concur.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
dump them all into Nate, resign him right now, 10 years 200 mil.

lol... davis has promise but we cant rush him.. let him come into his own.. we just saw a litle taste of what he can do for us... let him learn the system.. who knows .. we all kno alex smith is the most talented qb on the roster so give him time.. if not this year maybe next
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Oh...I thought this was a Nate Clements topic....I call him NateDog.....

Nate Davis did somethings & that is Y we should address the passrush in the next draft. But hopefully we learned from what NOT TO DO WITH A QB DEVELOPMENT when we kept changing the system on Smiff.

Originally posted by CoffeeMachine:

Third String- Nate Davis

I concur.

lol

Third String- Nate Davis

Did you not see that game last night? Smith played better than Hill, yet you want to dump Smith and make Hill the starter? Huard is not better than either Hill or Smith or the coaches would have him starting...good thing people that know football are making the calls.
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Did you not see that game last night? Smith played better than Hill, yet you want to dump Smith and make Hill the starter? Huard is not better than either Hill or Smith or the coaches would have him starting...good thing people that know football are making the calls.

Smith played better than Hill? All Smith did was stall the offense. Maybe we watched different games but I saw him play against the Raiders last night.

Third String- Nate Davis

Even with the two dropped passes, Smith would have left with a 60 QB rating. Not exactly a dominant performance. How many more chances does he get?
You know, I was really rooting for Alex and he showed more leadership, tenacity, and fervor for the most part while executing the O. Two very important plays turned his better performance into failure, the Davis and Morgan drops. He looked more decisive, he looked more in command, he made some plays. One of which surely made him more of a leader in the eyes of his team, knocking the chit out of Ellis!!!!

Sorry, not enough especially given the circumstances and the magnitude of the situation.

On the flip side of the QB competition coin, Hill gives us reason to say you are not our future, bud. Sorry, but I expected more, much more given his progression in practice. It didn't translate onto the field. Hill doesn't give me warm and fuzzies inside and I am sure even his proponents are like, WTF Hill?

With Smith and Hill leaving us with a bad taste worse than accidentally chugging expired milk, Nate came on like farm fresh milk after having mom's just baked chocolate chip cookies. He made plays. He fought back to win the game. A rookie did that! Nice. Thanks OTC for the heads up last year on this kid. You were right.

OTC shed light on this kid's abilities. His very strong arm. His mobility. His ability to read a defense. The ability to see down field and anticipate his WRs. He did well in college and his disability has slowed his progress, but he sure has skills. I look forward to seeing his development. He definitely a keeper!
Share 49ersWebzone