There are 209 users in the forums

NateDog

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nate davis should be our future franchise QB,

I thought he played well, after struggling for little time,

The guy can do it, i use to watch him in college.

Jus give him time, he is only a rookie,

your right also, we should see him against a 1st or 2nd defense.
Originally posted by billybonka:
Davis has promise, but I'm interested in how he performs facing 1st & 2nd team defenses.

But in terms of the future, Hill or Smith clearly isn't the answer.

Draft a solid quarterback next year along with a DE or a safety in the first.

It's really too bad Singletary has to spend so much time figuring out which of his top two QB's suck the least. Davis won't get to play much against good players.
Originally posted by TownTalk510:
Hey was anyone impressed with rookie QB Nate davis performance last night I thought he played well. He damn sure played better than the other Nate. should we ignore the coming QB draft class and dump all our resources into nate or should we still draft a QB ?

i said this on one of the threads of the first day of 49ers open practice. i said that nate davis out of all the qb's had the best zip on his throws. i also said from that practice he looked like he was going to be the future! NATE DAVIS QB of our future 2010?
Mods,

Can we create an official Nate Davis thread? I think were up to five new Davis threads in the last 16 hours.

It looks like they are being folded into one thread out there.

Cheers.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 23, 2009 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
dump them all into Nate, resign him right now, 10 years 200 mil.

+1 hahahahahahahahahahahaha

+1? Are you a farker? If so, do you realize, that the +1 means that a TFer has increased the thread/headline/article vote by 1 and not removed it by 1?
too bad we dont have anymore home pre season games...

get the whole stadium cheering out for nate to start the game....it MAY motivate the coaches to allow it, but likely not, but im sure that would just pump the crap out of the kid which would be really cool...be a late round rookie and have a pro stadium cheer your name out...YES
  • rob28
  • Veteran
we have three backup journeyman qb's(smith,hill,huard) so yes we keep davis around, draft bradford next year and keep one of the three backup bums we have(hill)
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Mods,

Can we create an official Nate Davis thread? I think were up to five new Davis threads in the last 16 hours.

It looks like they are being folded into one thread out there.

Cheers.

Where is that thread about 5th round QB's not being able to make it in the NFL?

the FUTURE!!!!!!! 2010
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Davis has promise, but I'm interested in how he performs facing 1st & 2nd team defenses.

But in terms of the future, Hill or Smith clearly isn't the answer.

Draft a solid quarterback next year along with a DE or a safety in the first.

Do you not think that the current coaching staff can fix Smith? He has shown improvement so far, even a die hard hater like you has to see that Smith has been getting the coaching he didn't from Hostler. Three of those passes last night should have been caught, especially the one that Morgan volley balled into the air for the pick.
we'll see, but bottom line is the catches were dropped regardless who the culprit - pretty much the unseen stats in the box score.

Again, Sing gave him a shot to perform well and amaze the coaching staff. Did he move the chains? Sure. Did he make a case for himself to start going into the regular season? 100% no.

I was impressed with Davis last night. He showed poise, and when he was flushed out of the pocket with no options he threw it away. Alot of rookies would have tried to force something to happen. He was reasonably on target with his throws, and his passes had zip.

He made no rookie mistakes, and played an entire half, with not many reps in TC thus far.

He's obviously not close to being ready for prime time, but at this stage in the game, that's about all we can ask of the kid.

Good job.
Originally posted by alanbeez22:

the FUTURE!!!!!!! 2010

The kid has poise, pocket presence and showed good command of the huddle for a rook, I feel a lot better about his pick.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by alanbeez22:

the FUTURE!!!!!!! 2010

The kid has poise, pocket presence and showed good command of the huddle for a rook, I feel a lot better about his pick.

Nate looked solid to me. he made quick decisions and read the defense well, and he placed his passes where only 49ers had a shot at them. he looked better than both the other QB's, even tho i agree with one of the Matts that Smiths stats dont show the whole picture. i still think nate outplayed both of the others. too early to anoint him the savior though. he played against the 2nd team raiders. thats scraping the barrel, but atleast he shows he's worthy of development. i still say if McCoy falls to us in the draft next year we snatch him in a heartbeat. McCoy, Davis and Smith or Hill but not both. if we develop two young QB's we'll be set for a long time and can probably get some good trade value out of one if he's not content being a backup here.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
lets develop him and see what happens.

this
Share 49ersWebzone