LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 160 users in the forums

anyone remember the prospecter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I started following niners as a kid in 1968 when i got niners football cards....they had a prospecter (with gun pointed up on one hand, a propsecters pan on other) on the cards and it was a pretty neat emblem for team....anybody remember it?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

So cool!!
Sweet
I always liked the emblem back then and have wondered for years why they did not use the prospector more. Is it because of the cute a** Sourdough Sam?

The Prospector is PC so I don’t see why they have not incorporated him into the team more.
Oh yeah. I had a vintage Niner penant with the Prospector on it that my Dad gave me when I was a kid.

But some A-HOLE stole it off my wall during a college keg party in 86 . . . .
Back in the 60s at Kezar there used to be a fellow dressed up as the prospector. He would fire blanks from a six shooter and scare the little children. He was fun and funny.
Originally posted by joebbadass:
Back in the 60s at Kezar there used to be a fellow dressed up as the prospector. He would fire blanks from a six shooter and scare the little children. He was fun and funny.

Don't forget the mule he had also, her name was Clementine! The glory days of KEZAR Stadium! Many great stories and memories!

[ Edited by GodismyLight on Aug 22, 2009 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

That emblem is sweet. I've never seen that one before. That would look awesome on a hat or a shirt.

Originally posted by GodismyLight:

Share 49ersWebzone