LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Check Crabtree foot and... make him run a 40!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
What happened Big Mar? Too many people get mad at you for your posts on the 49ers message board?

He got Banned from the 49ers message board
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
What happened Big Mar? Too many people get mad at you for your posts on the 49ers message board?

Their loss.

Are you mad "TheRatMan13"?
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Who gives a flying f**k what his 40 yard dash is? PLENTY of receivers run slower than a 4.45 and they've panned out pretty well in my estimation. Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald are just two of those names. On the other hand, how many WR's that can run a sub 4.3 40 have panned out? Ummm.....Steve Smith.

My point is.... the 9ers are clearly and if they are smart, entitled to have Crabtree come in one last time and PROVE to them that his foot is 100% healthy and while they are at it, have Crabtree run that unknown 40 yard time, so they 9ers know.

Why does Crabtree's 40 time have to by a mystery to his own team?

Crabtree has boasted in the past he can run a 4:45 40.... lets discover if this guy can back that up, cause by all accounts other, than his own mouth, he runs slower.

Bottom Line: why is Crabtree's 40 yard time such a secret, the 9ers are entitled to know!

Seriously what does it matter what is 40 time is at this point, we drafted him we will sign him.

His 40 time doesnt tell what kind of player he is, the numbers he put up at Texas Tech speak for themselves. 40 times are freaking overrated, being fast doesnt make you a good football player. if that was the case the Raiders would win the superbowl every year
Originally posted by fzrdave:
He's supposed to be healed now, so it's not an unfair request to make him run the 40 in my opinion.

Yep....there it is
I think making him run a 40 would be a good measure of how healthy his foot is. It would be easy to see if he was 100% healthy and would clear alot of questions up. I think its a good idea.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Who gives a flying f**k what his 40 yard dash is? PLENTY of receivers run slower than a 4.45 and they've panned out pretty well in my estimation. Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald are just two of those names. On the other hand, how many WR's that can run a sub 4.3 40 have panned out? Ummm.....Steve Smith.

My point is.... the 9ers are clearly and if they are smart, entitled to have Crabtree come in one last time and PROVE to them that his foot is 100% healthy and while they are at it, have Crabtree run that unknown 40 yard time, so they 9ers know.

Crabtree has boasted in the past he can run a 4:45 40.... lets discover if this guy can back that up, cause by all accounts other, than his own mouth, he runs slower.

Bottom Line: why is Crabtree's 40 yard time such a secret, the 9ers are entitled to know!

Seriously what does it matter what is 40 time is at this point, we drafted him we will sign him.

His 40 time doesnt tell what kind of player he is, the numbers he put up at Texas Tech speak for themselves. 40 times are freaking overrated, being fast doesnt make you a good football player. if that was the case the Raiders would win the superbowl every year

It would let the Niners how healed his foot is, I'd sure like to know. It doesn't matter if he runs or 4.3 or a 4.6, but what if he runs REALLY slow? Obviously his foot isn't healed & the Niners can have an idea of what to expect. It's really not the end of the world if the Niners ask him
  • kem99
  • Veteran

Ummm...isn't this water under the bridge? Its too late in the game to be worrying about this. If he runs faster than expected, the 49ers are going to keep him slotted at No. 10. If he runs slower than expected, the 49ers are going to keep him slotted at No. 10. If they were that worried about his 40 time, they shouldn't have drafted him in the first place. At this point, they drafted him as the No. 10 pick and are going to pay him the "millions of dollars" due to the No. 10 pick. Its not as if in the event he ran a bad 40 time that the 49ers would then say they were not going to sign him after seeing his 40 time. That would make them all look like idiots.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

It would let the Niners how healed his foot is, I'd sure like to know. It doesn't matter if he runs or 4.3 or a 4.6, but what if he runs REALLY slow? Obviously his foot isn't healed & the Niners can have an idea of what to expect. It's really not the end of the world if the Niners ask him

His 40 time would not let anyone how healed his foot is.

His 40 time is meaningless to the team. No one cares how fast or slow he runs, all they care about is that he signs a deal and gets out there and tries to help the team win football games any way he can.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

His 40 time is meaningless to the team. No one cares how fast or slow he runs, all they care about is that he signs a deal and gets out there and tries to help the team win football games any way he can.

Meh I'd still want to know
  • Dino
  • Veteran
No way.... this is my thread on Crabtree, it should be allowed to be discussed right here!

• Berserker97
  • Info N/A
If the 9ers are going to pay Michael Crabtree MILLIONS opf dollars, I think they are entitled to have him come in again one more time, have their doctors check his foot out and, YES, have him run a 40 yard time, to determine how fast (or slow) he really is.

If Crabtree wants top 5 draft slot money.... he needs to get the above question marks out of the way and the 9ers would be wise to find out.

What if Crabtree can't get off the line of scrimmage or go deep because he runs a J.J. Stokes 40 time.

Why is Crabtree the ONLY player even today, after being drafted, that has not offered to run a 40 yard time, even now, claiming that his foot is healthy?

I like it, good point, but, he doesn't deserve top 5 money, so who cares if he runs a 4.0 40. Best case scenario for me would be, he sits out entire season, re-enters draft. But, in the meantime the NFL insitutes a rookie salary cap and he ends up with half the contract he turned down. F U CRABTREE!
where did this big mar kid come from?
terrible terrible thread
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Thank you. 40 times do not translate as to whether or not someone is going to be a good player, it's not like they run that fast with pads on. This thread is absolutely terrible. WHO GIVES A s**t?!
Al Davis is that you
Share 49ersWebzone