There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does the Signing of Eric Green Mean Bye-Bye to Allan Rossum?

Originally posted by Aussie_Niner:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
So you two think the 49ers have the luxury on their roster to carry a player who only contributes on special teams. They already have a K, Punter and long snapper

well if we keep Sheets he is only gonna what return kicks, he wont play in at RB with Gore, Coffee and Robinson ahead of him.

and Zeigler, same, he wouldnt play ahead of Bruce, Morgan, Jones(when healthy), Battle and Spurlock.

So yeah, we need to keep the 4 ST'ers that we have.

sorry disagree IMO zeiger would be in front of both battle and spurlock.

based on what? 5 catches from last year?

Battle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Zeigler
Originally posted by backontop:
So you two think the 49ers have the luxury on their roster to carry a player who only contributes on special teams. They already have a K, Punter and long snapper

well if we keep Sheets he is only gonna what return kicks, he wont play in at RB with Gore, Coffee and Robinson ahead of him.

and Zeigler, same, he wouldnt play ahead of Bruce, Morgan, Jones(when healthy), Battle and Spurlock.

based on what? 5 catches from last year?

Battle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Zeigler

younger quicker and his hands are just as good.
I don't think Eric Green signing kicks Rossum off of the team.

On a side note could you imagine Spurlock and Rossum in the enzone together returning kicks.

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

On a side note could you imagine Spurlock and Rossum in the enzone together returning kicks.

The only way I see Rossum losing his spot, is if Spurlock proves hes a better kick returner. Aside from that, Rossum played great for us last year. We as fans shouldnt sell a guy like him out just because we secretly like another player better.
Rossum is too good a returner to lose his spot. Say good bye to Marcus Hudson!
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Special teams is one third of the game. Rossum is going NOWHERE.
Originally posted by crzy:
Special teams is one third of the game. Rossum is going NOWHERE.

agreed, with a ball control offense, field position via special teams is even more important.
The question that has to be answered is, who would you replace Rossum with? Who on our roster can do a better job returning kicks than him? Also, don't forget he's had a lot more reps at CB this training camp than before...so could be used in that capacity if it got down to it. That's not to say Sheets, Spurlock, or someone else can't return kicks...but the way I see it, we don't have anyone who's proven to be better at it than Rossum is. He stays.
let me say, why would we cut a guy who waa great for us, for a guy who hasnt returned, since his days in tampa. Makes no sense.

Rossum has been awesome, and you wannna cut him, cause he takes an extra roster spot, screw that, he, and Jennings have earned there stay, and thats that.
let me say, why would we cut a guy who waa great for us, for a guy who hasnt returned, since his days in tampa. Makes no sense.

Rossum has been awesome, and you wannna cut him, cause he takes an extra roster spot, screw that, he, and Jennings have earned there stay, and thats that.

this
I really don't get why some people post here saying they want to run players out of town, that have proven their value in making this team better.

In front of Spurlock maybe, in front of Battle? I don't know what you're smokin A9er but please pass it around we could sure use some right about now.

Let's put it this way IF your boy Zeigler were so much better than Battle, then Battle would not have seen time in the Offense since Zeigler came to us. It's funny how much people like to stick up for Shaun Hill about not being a good PRACTICE player, but nobody looking to move on from Battle will give him his due. I'm not sticking up for the guy at all, I just want... no I truly NEED, one of these schlubs to step the truck up already. Jason Hill is meh, Morgan came on during the season but you cannot bank that he'll continue to be solid, Bruce is still up in the air even though he did not turn in his papers seeking retirement, Crabtree STILL has not signed (Unlikely to even make a serious impact until at LEAST mid season) and our FA pickup may not even make the team given that we're so deep on paper. How people can say this stuff with a straight face is beyond me, but there it is.

I admire the enthusiasm but c'mon, Battle has time and time again proven that he is one of our top 3 WRs' and people still want to walk away from him all because we are "deep" at the position. And now here we are doin tha same thing with Rossum as well.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

thank you thank you you're all to kind.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I really don't get why some people post here saying they want to run players out of town, that have proven their value in making this team better.

Didn't you know that we are deep in top 5 talent at every position dj?

And since we are it makes the Vet players expendable without impact.

~Ceadder