There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does the Signing of Eric Green Mean Bye-Bye to Allan Rossum?

Originally posted by TonyMantana:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
NO!!!!!!

Not happening, Rossum is too valuable in the return game to kick to the curb, we'd be stupid to do it IMO, the field position is key, and im not sold on Zeigler or Sheets or any one else who isnt as expericned as Rossum is.

I think Battle or Clements on PR and D. Walker and J.Hill on KR. all of these players also contibute somewhere else as a member of the squad

What has Jason Hill done to deserve a roster spot? He is being outperformed by Michael Spurlock!

That is my point...keeping Rossum would not allow us to keep Spurlock...I had forgotten about him and I would much rather have him as our 6th WR / KR than Rossum.

This is a good point. It's gotta be one or the other (e.i. Rossum/Spurlock). Spurlock does bring more to the table.
on twitter, Matty B said they gon release FB Zac K, and settle. somethin bout an injury to his arm. said broken fore arm, injury and settlement
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Aug 20, 2009 at 5:30 PM ]
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
NO!!!!!!

Not happening, Rossum is too valuable in the return game to kick to the curb, we'd be stupid to do it IMO, the field position is key, and im not sold on Zeigler or Sheets or any one else who isnt as expericned as Rossum is.

I think Battle or Clements on PR and D. Walker and J.Hill on KR. all of these players also contibute somewhere else as a member of the squad

What has Jason Hill done to deserve a roster spot? He is being outperformed by Michael Spurlock!

That is my point...keeping Rossum would not allow us to keep Spurlock...I had forgotten about him and I would much rather have him as our 6th WR / KR than Rossum.

This is a good point. It's gotta be one or the other (e.i. Rossum/Spurlock). Spurlock does bring more to the table.

why does it have to 1 and not both, why not keep 2 good Returners. Doesnt hurt at all IMO.
I think having Spurlock and Rossum returning kicks could be huge for us! We dont know how Tarell Brown is as far as his health and Spencer hasnt exactly stayed healthy either.. Keasey is garbage so cut him and keep the extra DB!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
NO!!!!!!

Not happening, Rossum is too valuable in the return game to kick to the curb, we'd be stupid to do it IMO, the field position is key, and im not sold on Zeigler or Sheets or any one else who isnt as expericned as Rossum is.

I think Battle or Clements on PR and D. Walker and J.Hill on KR. all of these players also contibute somewhere else as a member of the squad

What has Jason Hill done to deserve a roster spot? He is being outperformed by Michael Spurlock!

That is my point...keeping Rossum would not allow us to keep Spurlock...I had forgotten about him and I would much rather have him as our 6th WR / KR than Rossum.

This is a good point. It's gotta be one or the other (e.i. Rossum/Spurlock). Spurlock does bring more to the table.

why does it have to 1 and not both, why not keep 2 good Returners. Doesnt hurt at all IMO.

It could be both. I'm just getting a little confused here, that's all. If both were to make the team then this means a receiver would be let loose, which would most likely be Hill. I feel that Battle's special teams play, blocking, routes, and hands are a reasons to keep him instead of Hill. I could care less about a 4 year age difference. Also, I'd assume that Battle is outperforming Hill and Spurlock cause I haven't heard anything negative about Battle.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Aug 20, 2009 at 5:36 PM ]
QB: (3) Hill, Smith, Huard
FB: (1) Norris
RB: (3) Gore, Coffee, Robinson
WR: (7) Bruce, B. Jones, A. Battle, J. Morgan, Crabtree, J.Hill, Spurlock
OL: (7) Staley, Baas, Heitman, Wragge, Rachal, Snyder, M. Smith

DL: (4) Soap, Franklin, J. Smith, Balmer
LB: (7) Spikes, Willis, Lawson, Haralson, Brooks, McKillop, Ulbrich
CB: (6) Clements, Bly, Spencer, T.Brown, Green, Hudson
S: (4) M. Lewis, Goldson, Roman, R. Smith
K: J. Nedney
P: A. Lee
LS : BJennings

My list has 56 and I think you can only have 53, and I left off Rossum. So who goes if Rossum gets added?
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
QB: (3) Hill, Smith, Huard
FB: (1) Norris
RB: (3) Gore, Coffee, Robinson
WR: (7) Bruce, B. Jones, A. Battle, J. Morgan, Crabtree, J.Hill, Spurlock
OL: (7) Staley, Baas, Heitman, Wragge, Rachal, Snyder, M. Smith

DL: (4) Soap, Franklin, J. Smith, Balmer
LB: (7) Spikes, Willis, Lawson, Haralson, Brooks, McKillop, Ulbrich
CB: (6) Clements, Bly, Spencer, T.Brown, Green, Hudson
S: (4) M. Lewis, Goldson, Roman, R. Smith
K: J. Nedney
P: A. Lee
LS : BJennings

My list has 56 and I think you can only have 53, and I left off Rossum. So who goes if Rossum gets added?

You really think we'll keep 6 cornerbacks? I don't think Hudson has a chance since Reggie Smith can play both cornerback and safety. I think the team would just keep Rossum instead of Hudson as the 6th cornerback. Both Hudson and Rossum are strictly special teamers in my opinion.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Aug 20, 2009 at 5:41 PM ]
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
QB: (3) Hill, Smith, Huard
FB: (1) Norris
RB: (3) Gore, Coffee, Robinson
WR: (7) Bruce, B. Jones, A. Battle, J. Morgan, Crabtree, J.Hill, Spurlock
OL: (7) Staley, Baas, Heitman, Wragge, Rachal, Snyder, M. Smith

DL: (4) Soap, Franklin, J. Smith, Balmer
LB: (7) Spikes, Willis, Lawson, Haralson, Brooks, McKillop, Ulbrich
CB: (6) Clements, Bly, Spencer, T.Brown, Green, Hudson
S: (4) M. Lewis, Goldson, Roman, R. Smith
K: J. Nedney
P: A. Lee
LS : BJennings

My list has 56 and I think you can only have 53, and I left off Rossum. So who goes if Rossum gets added?

7 OL? That is crazy. Guaranteed we will have closer to 10 OL. 4 DL? We will keep about 6. No fricking way we will keep 7 WR's when tradionally, we keep 5.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
QB: (3) Hill, Smith, Huard
FB: (1) Norris
RB: (3) Gore, Coffee, Robinson
WR: (7) Bruce, B. Jones, A. Battle, J. Morgan, Crabtree, J.Hill, Spurlock
OL: (7) Staley, Baas, Heitman, Wragge, Rachal, Snyder, M. Smith

DL: (4) Soap, Franklin, J. Smith, Balmer
LB: (7) Spikes, Willis, Lawson, Haralson, Brooks, McKillop, Ulbrich
CB: (6) Clements, Bly, Spencer, T.Brown, Green, Hudson
S: (4) M. Lewis, Goldson, Roman, R. Smith
K: J. Nedney
P: A. Lee
LS : BJennings

My list has 56 and I think you can only have 53, and I left off Rossum. So who goes if Rossum gets added?

You really think we'll keep 6 cornerbacks? I don't think Hudson has a chance since Reggie Smith can play both cornerback and safety. I think the team would just keep Rossum instead of Hudson as the 6th cornerback. Both Hudson and Rossum are strictly special teamers in my opinion.

Hudson can play CB and FS in an emergency and is a great special teamer, he wont be cut.
Ummmm pardon me BUT since the league dropkicked the ""Wedge" from ST playbooks guys like Rossum are that much more important. He's a solid player in open space. Unlike other guys we have had returning kicks.

So don't sleep on his skills and act like he's useless. That said, he IS getting older and while I think that he is important we do need to look to the future when and where we can afford to. Rossum's spot being just one of them. He's not going to be around forever. If someone can supplant him then they need to step it up to make it easier for us to move on.

~Ceadder
I hated the pickup last season, and I was happy to eat a little bit of crow(though his season production is embellished, but I digress)

Just put it this way, no franchise should make a habit out of relying on 30+ year old returners.

Rossum is 33!

Sorry, but the best returners are almost exclusively 23-27 years old.

I would not mind if we departed with Rossum while we are still ahead
[ Edited by danimal on Aug 20, 2009 at 5:50 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:
I hated the pickup last season, and I was happy to eat a little bit of crow(though his season production is embellished, but I digress)

Just put it this way, no franchise should make a habit out of relying on 30+ year old returners.

Rossum is 33!

Sorry, but the best returners are almost exclusively 23-27 years old.

I would not mind if we departed with Rossum while we are still ahead

You're forgetting about the BEERMAN!


WTF someone lock this bs
what? did you seriously ask this question did you even watch any niner games last year?
QB(3): Hill/ Smith/ Huard
RB(4): Gore/ Coffee/ Robinson/ Norris
WR(7): Bruce/ Morgan/ Battle/ Spurlock/ Hill/ Zeigler/ Jones
TE(3): Davis/ Walker/ Pascoe
OL(10): Snyder/ Baas/ Heitmann/ Staley/ Smith/ Wragge/ Bender/ Boone/ Rachal/ Sims

DL(7): Balmer/ Smith/ Franklin/ Sopoaga/ RJF/ McDonald/ Evans
LB(9): Spikes/ Willis/ Lawson/ Haralson/ Harris/ Ulrbich/ McKillop/ Brooks/ Moore
CB(6): Nate/ Bly/ Green/ Brown/ Spencer/ Hudson
S(5): Lewis/ Goldson/ Roman/ Smith/ Taylor

ST(4): Jennnings/ Nedney/ Lee/ Rossum

thats 58 players, who i see as a shot at making the team.

2 likely will be PUP'd, McDonald and Jones, leaving 56 and 3 cuts left, obviously, i see 1 OL, 1 CB and 1 LB being cut, so theres no reason we cant keep Rossum and Spurlock at all.