There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

John Clayton on Niners

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Quote:
A switch goes off in his head in games, and Hill can make the right read at the right time. What surprised me is the physical problem he played with the past two seasons. He dislocated a joint at the top of his right index finger. A quarterback needs that index finger to generate a spiral. Hill had an index finger that bent with the shape of the ball. Without being to put extra pressure on the ball with that finger, Hill couldn't throw a quality long pass last season. Doctors grafted a small bone from another part of his hand to fix the problem, and now he can throw a longer pass.

WTF at the bolded part... I'm a Hill fan and I didn't know about this.... I mean I know he had alittle injury a while back but I didn't know that it could've affected him that much....gezz

Because he is gamer and doesnt make excuses. Some guys would be crying about it but not Hill. I like that

I didnt know either.
Originally posted by KNRO1670:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I hate the way these columnists make back handed comments about our recivers or our offense. "Supprisingly they should be able to function decently without him" (Crabtree) come on. Or "it's not like they will get the ball to their recivers often" give me a break. I think we will supprise him how often we get the ball to the recivers.
I agree. Did anyone else see Eric Davis last night on Comcast Central saying that he has talked to Crabtree and there still might be a year long holdout. What a F&*#ING TOOL! I hope the rest of the recieving core is up to the task.

at this point i really am starting to think that crabtree doesnt like to play football that much and doesnt care if he plays for us or not. which really blows because we could use him and he could be a great player but he just doesnt want to so oh well.
Two things.

First my only knock on Hill has been his ability to throw an accurate deep ball. Maybe not so important over the past two years, because while Martz did throw deep he also did timing patterns. God only knows what Hostler's offense was based on.

In a pure "original west coast offense" (sorry WCO folks) based on Gilman's plan it is very important to have a deep threat to go with the running attack.

I had never heard about what John Clayton was talking about.

Second, what is Crabtree supposed to say. He is being told what to tell the press (and yes Davis is press).

Why don't we leave it up to Parker and the 49ers to work it out. All of you that are saying that Crabtree ought to go away or whatever, will be the first to line up behind him when he lights it up.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Quote:
A switch goes off in his head in games, and Hill can make the right read at the right time. What surprised me is the physical problem he played with the past two seasons. He dislocated a joint at the top of his right index finger. A quarterback needs that index finger to generate a spiral. Hill had an index finger that bent with the shape of the ball. Without being to put extra pressure on the ball with that finger, Hill couldn't throw a quality long pass last season. Doctors grafted a small bone from another part of his hand to fix the problem, and now he can throw a longer pass.

WTF at the bolded part... I'm a Hill fan and I didn't know about this.... I mean I know he had alittle injury a while back but I didn't know that it could've affected him that much....gezz

Because he is gamer and doesnt make excuses. Some guys would be crying about it but not Hill. I like that

I didnt know either.

Smith who?? Hill is the man!
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I have no arguements with the article.

Me neither.
Good info, but I think we are gonna throw the ball way more than he thinks to our recievers!
  • rum53
  • Veteran
I found two things interesting. First, I didn't realize the Hill had a break in his finger that limited his deep ball. Second, I like that VD is one of the first reads of the QB. That alone will add several receptions again to his stats.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pretty much on point but I sure hope he's wrong when he said this Lawson hasn't worked on developing a second or third move yet gotta have a 2nd or 3rd move to keep the offense guessing. It's a work in progress hope he works it well.

the good ol spinaroonie. Worked for TBC last year didn't it

I hated that move
Mr. Peabody has spoken.

His assesment it pretty much spot on. The guy looks like a dweeb and couldn't possibly have ever played, but he does know a thing or two about football.
Originally posted by KNRO1670:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4411536

Intersting that the 9ers have not yet put a clock on Crabtree to see what his 40 yard time actually is.

I would think the 9ers have to be at least "curious" to know how fast Crabtree is ,or isn't.

Hopefully he is not J.J. Stokes or Rashaun Woods type slow.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pretty much on point but I sure hope he's wrong when he said this Lawson hasn't worked on developing a second or third move yet gotta have a 2nd or 3rd move to keep the offense guessing. It's a work in progress hope he works it well.

the good ol spinaroonie. Worked for TBC last year didn't it

i think i might actually miss the human spin cycle a lil bit
It's about time ESPN gives us some love.
Re-read reply #24

I still can't believe, even after drafting Crabgrass.... they still don't have any idea of his 40 time.