Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers | Agree to terms with E. Green
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:26:27 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the National Football Post, reports the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with free-agent CB Eric Green (Dolphins). Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Why did the sign another CB? Did someone get hurt?

I'm sure we are going to try and convert him to a position that he hasn't played since high school, or something.

If Nolan was still coach he'd be our short yardage RB.

Or our NT...

lol. Exactly what I was thinking.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Didn't the Dolphins just sign him?

He signed a 2 year deal worth 6 million this year with Fins. I also read on rotoworld.com that he was picked on a lot in camp this year.

So we just signed the village idiot
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

He signed a 2 year deal worth 6 million this year with Fins. I also read on rotoworld.com that he was picked on a lot in camp this year.

So we just signed the village idiot

I guess.

He must of stunk it up in training camp to get the boot already. I hope he doesn't do the same here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

He must of stunk it up in training camp to get the boot already. I hope he doesn't do the same here.

Dolphins released CB Eric Green.
Here's who Troy Williamson burned all over the field Monday. The Fins gave Green a "two-year," $6M deal in March, but he was picked on relentlessly in camp and appears to have lost his confidence. Rookie Sean Smith is locked in to start at right corner, and Jason Allen will probably make the final 53.
Related: Jason Allen

The Dolphins camp this season has been notoriously rough, multiple players have quit on the team. Coming from Arizona its not hard to believe he might of been a little soft mentally and couldn't take the constant berating by the dolphins coaches... great insurance policy though.
If we were gonna fill a roster spot, I wish we would have taken a flyer on a different position. Like Pass Rusher, OG, etc.
SUPERBOWL!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
SUPERBOWL!
Originally posted by zillabeast:
SUPERBOWL!

SUPERBOWL!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
SUPERBOWL!

Here's who Troy Williamson burned all over the field Monday. The Fins gave Green a "two-year," $6M deal in March, but he was picked on relentlessly in camp and appears to have lost his confidence. Rookie Sean Smith is locked in to start at right corner, and Jason Allen will probably make the final 53.

Saw that post too.

Is he really an upgrade over Spencer, Brown or Hudson?

Ouch!! Burned by Troy williamson repeatedly. That hurts. Maybe they signed him to help the offense gain confidence
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Saw that post too.

Is he really an upgrade over Spencer, Brown or Hudson?

Never underestimate the power of Coach Sing's inspirational abilities.

Share 49ersWebzone