LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Name 2 players from last season roster that...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
dump:
keasey
marcus hudson

Dumping Keasey is a no brainer but I would hate it if the team cut Marcus Hudson and I doubt they will, though he certainly is no lock to make the team.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Dump Alex Smith, any qb who only gets 6 points off of 3 INT's, and one was on the 5 yd line, deserves to be cut.

Hill/Huard/Davis should be our qb's.

Dump Robinson, Gore, Coffee, Sheets, Norris, are OK.

Why does Smith deserve to be cut? He's been injured for 1.5 years and he now took a paycut. And why would we dump Robinson? He's our special teams captain, and he should be, our biggest play last year on special teams was Rossum's KR TD and M-Rob made a huge block, if it wasnt for him Rossum wouldve been tackled on the 45 yard line..
and we need a backup fullback if Norris goes down, and coming off an injury he might not be 100% healthy, so I dont see how we benefit from cutting our special teams captain.

one word can summarize his thinking.

HATER!!

this.
Dump Alex Smith, any qb who only gets 6 points off of 3 INT's, and one was on the 5 yd line, deserves to be cut.

Why does Smith deserve to be cut? He's been injured for 1.5 years and he now took a paycut. And why would we dump Robinson? He's our special teams captain, and he should be, our biggest play last year on special teams was Rossum's KR TD and M-Rob made a huge block, if it wasnt for him Rossum wouldve been tackled on the 45 yard line..
and we need a backup fullback if Norris goes down, and coming off an injury he might not be 100% healthy, so I dont see how we benefit from cutting our special teams captain.

HATER!!

this.

that
I don't know who I want out, but I'm surely cheering for Barry Sims (one M please), and Mark Roman. THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the above scenario takes place, half the board will be going to into convulsions or looking for the nearest sharp object.

Team Sims and Team Roman.

P.S. Why would anyone put Keasey on this list. Duh! Dude is going to be out half the year.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I don't know who I want out, but I'm surely cheering for Barry Sims (one M please), and Mark Roman. THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the above scenario takes place, half the board will be going to into convulsions or looking for the nearest sharp object.

P.S. Why would anyone put Keasey on this list. Duh! Dude is going to be out half the year.

Mike Nolan, is that you? Shouldn't you be concentrating on making the Broncos defense as terrible as possible?
I think it's kinda funny how just about every thread turns into Smith vs. Hill. It's just ridiculous at this point.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

do you actually pay attention to what people write on this forum? 99.9999% would love if Roman were to leave. The guy sucks
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
dump keasey and Alex Smith

keep anyone.

Huard is a much better number two. It's time we put away the pacifier for good.

yes, exactly. I know it was different personnel that Huard was working with against bigger scrubs that what Alex did, but he looked much more comfortable and fluid than Smith ever has. Smith should be battling for a rosters spot, not for starting QB. I dont care how good he "looked in camp". It's about how you deal with game time situations.

So you are comparing a veteran QB playing against third string scrubs to a QB fresh back from a major injury playing against a first string D? Yeah that makes a whole helluva lot of sense.

Oh i'm sorry, is YEAR 5, Not considered a "Veteran"??? I'm just sick of the A.Smith baby'ing. He's had his chance(s) and did nothing. I don't see why he's even considered to be in competition for the starting position. Put Huard in with the fist team O. I bet he out performs A.Smith.

im gettin sick of the smith bashing. hes never been babied. and never had a decent shot. Go ahead when 06, yeah he threw for 3000. then went 2-1 the next year and got hurt. not to mention that loss came from the number 1 d in the nfl that year. also throwing for 289 yards vs that #1 d. hill has probably never thrown that much. and if he has it was against one of those weak d's. you cant deny the weak d's he played. iv already posted stats and rankings in other threads so if you doubt me look yourself. yeah check either bengals or viks where 27th ranked d, but both in 20's. just off the top.

If hill wins, thats ok. if alex wins outright its way better for the 9ners. obviously, talent and years left vs mediocre talent and yes a leader. if smith wins it means he has the leadership and obviously twice the arm. and smith has worked on the "touch." saw the results in camp first hand.

iv seen me and others post facts about smith plenty of times proving he never got a shot. how bout you show me 1 fact about smith having a so called shot.
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 18, 2009 at 7:42 PM ]
I like Alex Smith, but he sucks at football.
  • 49ersNorcal
  • Info N/A
I can't just name 2 players. I think we should dump the following: Mark Roman, Marcus Hudson, Zak Keasey, and either Jason Hill or Dominque Ziegler. (I still haven't decided)

Originally posted by cooljon16:

if that statement were true he would have never been drafted
get rid of Roman and draft Berry
get rid of Sims and keep anyone that can block

get rid of roman..
draft MAYS
whata beast
Originally posted by momoney925:
get rid of Roman and draft Berry
get rid of Sims and keep anyone that can block

get rid of roman..
draft MAYS
whata beast

draft Berry

berry>>>>>mays
Originally posted by cooljon16:

if that statement were true he would have never been drafted

knowing what we know now, you're right, he wouldn't have been drafted.

HATER!!

this.

that

those
Share 49ersWebzone