LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Name 2 players from last season roster that...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Joecool:
dump keasey and Alex Smith

keep anyone.

Huard is a much better number two. It's time we put away the pacifier for good.

yes, exactly. I know it was different personnel that Huard was working with against bigger scrubs that what Alex did, but he looked much more comfortable and fluid than Smith ever has. Smith should be battling for a rosters spot, not for starting QB. I dont care how good he "looked in camp". It's about how you deal with game time situations.

So you are comparing a veteran QB playing against third string scrubs to a QB fresh back from a major injury playing against a first string D? Yeah that makes a whole helluva lot of sense.

agreed... sense it does not make.

keep anyone.

yes, exactly. I know it was different personnel that Huard was working with against bigger scrubs that what Alex did, but he looked much more comfortable and fluid than Smith ever has. Smith should be battling for a rosters spot, not for starting QB. I dont care how good he "looked in camp". It's about how you deal with game time situations.

So you are comparing a veteran QB playing against third string scrubs to a QB fresh back from a major injury playing against a first string D? Yeah that makes a whole helluva lot of sense.

Oh i'm sorry, is YEAR 5, Not considered a "Veteran"??? I'm just sick of the A.Smith baby'ing. He's had his chance(s) and did nothing. I don't see why he's even considered to be in competition for the starting position. Put Huard in with the fist team O. I bet he out performs A.Smith.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

keep anyone.

this

He must have just checked the stats. I bet he liked O' Sulliven too.
Dump Alex Smith, any qb who only gets 6 points off of 3 INT's, and one was on the 5 yd line, deserves to be cut.

Hill/Huard/Davis should be our qb's.

Dump Robinson, Gore, Coffee, Sheets, Norris, are OK.

keep anyone.

lol

apparently huard got owned by raiders D
Originally posted by Nabisko:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

keep anyone.

this

He must have just checked the stats. I bet he liked O' Sulliven too.

who are you talking about?
Alex has turned into one of the biggest jokes of the NFL. He should have been gone along with Nolan.

An overall #1 pick fighting to get a starting job?

lol please
Soo to get this back on tract and away from another Smith hating thread from the NT circus.

get rid of any of these players in any combination

Keasey, Roman, and Simms
Originally posted by billybonka:
Alex has turned into one of the biggest jokes of the NFL. He should have been gone along with Nolan.

An overall #1 pick fighting to get a starting job?

lol please

why don't you just wait and see what he has to offer in the next 3 pre-season games before you jump down his throat.

Geezzz the guy has not played for 1.5 seasons, come on dude!

Get on the real sucky bandwagon with Mark Roman & Barry Sims
[ Edited by BigMar on Aug 18, 2009 at 3:34 PM ]
Dump Willis and Gore....

Originally posted by kidash98:
Dump Willis and Gore....

you sir are a genius Why didn't anyone else think of that.
Dump Willis and Gore....

seriously man... they're bumms, I tell yah... BUMMS!!!!

Dump Willis and Gore....

seriously man... they're bumms, I tell yah... BUMMS!!!!

tell me about it. They didn't even play in the first preseason game. Cut them now!!!!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
Dump Alex Smith, any qb who only gets 6 points off of 3 INT's, and one was on the 5 yd line, deserves to be cut.

Why does Smith deserve to be cut? He's been injured for 1.5 years and he now took a paycut. And why would we dump Robinson? He's our special teams captain, and he should be, our biggest play last year on special teams was Rossum's KR TD and M-Rob made a huge block, if it wasnt for him Rossum wouldve been tackled on the 45 yard line..
and we need a backup fullback if Norris goes down, and coming off an injury he might not be 100% healthy, so I dont see how we benefit from cutting our special teams captain.
[ Edited by ImaMod on Aug 18, 2009 at 6:38 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by 9erred:

Why does Smith deserve to be cut? He's been injured for 1.5 years and he now took a paycut. And why would we dump Robinson? He's our special teams captain, and he should be, our biggest play last year on special teams was Rossum's KR TD and M-Rob made a huge block, if it wasnt for him Rossum wouldve been tackled on the 45 yard line..
and we need a backup fullback if Norris goes down, and coming off an injury he might not be 100% healthy, so I dont see how we benefit from cutting our special teams captain.

one word can summarize his thinking.

HATER!!
Share 49ersWebzone