There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Last 49ers game you missed (exclude preseason)

Last game I missed was Week 3 2006 Eagles at 49ers.

My Mom passed away two days before and I was driving during the game. Listened to it a little bit though.

The game I last missed before that was also an Eagles at 49ers matchup. Week 13 1992. I missed that one because we were driving home after spending Thanksgiving week with family from far away.
  • RowdyRaza
  • Info N/A
last time i missed a game was the mnf game against the seahawks in 07 but in reality i really didnt miss anything besides alex smith embarrassing him self in fornt of america
Originally posted by Giant9er:
I'm an usher since I was 16 years old in 1977. I've missed 2 games total in 32 years. The last was in 1995 against Tampa Bay.

Go Niners !!

We didnt play Tampa in 95... We played them 94/97
Dec.28,2008, I watched the scoreboard from the corner of the end zone in the Meadowland's during Dolphins/Jets Week 17.

I was constantly being teased by the people around me once they found out I was a 49ers fan, but I got the last laugh when I looked up at the scoreboard and seen that they had one in the final seconds and the Jet's were walking off the field as loser's that day, it was pretty funny.

And the last time I missed a game before that was probably around 98/99 season.
I'm an usher since I was 16 years old in 1977. I've missed 2 games total in 32 years. The last was in 1995 against Tampa Bay.

Go Niners !!

That was a good one to miss!

Oh yeah, just saw the other guys post about not playing them in 95. Assuming you meant the 97, my comment still stands
[ Edited by bigmur49 on Aug 19, 2009 at 8:05 AM ]
Originally posted by bigmur49:

Go Niners !!

That was a good one to miss!

Oh yeah, just saw the other guys post about not playing them in 95. Assuming you meant the 97, my comment still stands

Never forget the 97 Tampa game. we lose 13-6, Jerry Rice gets hurt, Steve Young gets hurt. Who would have thought we finished 13-3 and played in NFC Championship game
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Probably college over 6 years ago - San Luis Obispo gets only SoCal channels. Since then, I moved back north and got my DVR. I'll never miss another game again.

BTW, the DVR is going to save my marriage since now my 49er addiction won't get in the way of family obligations.
last year, right after the giants game, i was working for target, and had to work every sunday, so missed games.

before then, i cant remember, prolly 2003 or 2004 during erickson's days, i worked for hanafrod, and worked every sunday as well.

I didnt miss a game in 2005, 2006, 2007 and now 2009, will be no different, likely getting DirecTV back in october, gonna get NFLST again, and will before then catch the first few games, 6 or so, at bars or online, so no biggie for me.
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
last years dolphins game because direct tv's sunday ticket decided it didnt feel like working!

i sat at my computer watching the play by play on nfl.com ...

I'd give you a pass on that one.

well then before that, it was the second cardinals game of 2006, but again, i was down here in southern california for the holidays, and my grandfather didnt have an NFL package and they dont ever really play niner games down here on the local channels =/

prior to that, i cant even remember..i never miss a game unless its completely out of my control...watching games are a higher priority than mostly everything really
no
Originally posted by rum53:
Probably college over 6 years ago - San Luis Obispo gets only SoCal channels. Since then, I moved back north and got my DVR. I'll never miss another game again.

BTW, the DVR is going to save my marriage since now my 49er addiction won't get in the way of family obligations.

That is awesome, my ex-wife used to watch games with me at the sports bar until she left me. Just goes to say that if something is too good to be true, then it usually is.
Last time i missed a game was the final regular season game of 2007 season vs the Browns. I overslept and woke up to see the niners lost the game.
Had to miss the Rams away game last year bc I had to work that Sunday to be off for ThanksGiving.
Got to love technology now. So hard to miss a game, with NFL Sunday Ticket. And if for whatever reason you are away from a T.V., there is gamecenter at NFL.com or other sports websites. I remember back in the 90's after I moved to Texas, for 49er games not on T.V., I had to follow tickers on the radio and over T.V. It stunk, lol, at least we did win most of the time.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Go Niners !!

We didnt play Tampa in 95... We played them 94/97

my bad, 94 it was a home game.