LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Last 49ers game you missed (exclude preseason)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MaliCali:
last years dolphins game because direct tv's sunday ticket decided it didnt feel like working!

i sat at my computer watching the play by play on nfl.com ...

I'd give you a pass on that one.
I missed my first game in 20 years two years ago, when I was in Australia for 19 days. I worked the whole vaca so I'd only miss one game. Turns out we got thumped, but of course I still missed seeing it. I'm a season ticket holder, so I'm at all the home games too.
I missed a couple games back in that horrible 2004 season, but otherwise I have found a way to take in pretty much every game since about 1978.
To be perfectly honest, I can't remember missing a Niners game for many years now.
I grew up a military brat who always lived outside of the viewing area, but I got Sunday Ticket in my own home in 2000, and haven't missed a game since. As sh*tty as we've been for the past couple of seasons, I end up watching every game almost down to the last heart breaking second. I just can't help myself.
[ Edited by P-52ENFORCER on Aug 17, 2009 at 6:24 PM ]
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I missed a couple games back in that horrible 2004 season, but otherwise I have found a way to take in pretty much every game since about 1978.

I did not see a few games in 2004, because it was no fun to go to the sports bar and watch us get drove down. ( I live in Texas by the way, since 1991) Though I still sported my niner gear and my beloved Niners knit I sport every winter. . I followed games on nfl.com gamecenter if I was working. (which by the way, isn't really missing a game, since you are following on-line)
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
2nd half vs. the Rams, second time we played them in 2007.

Watching Hostler & Dilfer lose to an easily beatable team...

I remember that game, I had quite a few drinks during that game. I stopped watching the 4th qrt. of the KC-49ers game in 2006. Losing 41-0 was sad.

Dude I remember that game and how pissed I was we couldn't do anything right. Didn't Damon Huard tear us up that game? Not that we didn't help him or anything. I've tried to block it out, and it was working till I read your post.

Yeah, I was totally disgusted. Niners never got shutout. The streak ended in 2004 3rd game of the year vs. Seattle. I was so mad. A Peterson FG hit the crossbar. Ken Dorsey could not do crap and I cursed Dennis Erickson the whole 4th qrt. I actually watched that whole game back in 2004, just hoping we could score to keep the streak going.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
OK...I admit it, I'm sick....

The last time I missed a game?

turn off my tv , cuz we sucked ! doese this count other than that Directv and NFL Network . mybe in 2000 or somthing like that ok I'm Sick too!
The last game I missed was in November 98 against the falcons. I was at my parents time share in ST Maarten. I did get to see the highlights though.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
The last game I missed was in November 98 against the falcons. I was at my parents time share in ST Maarten. I did get to see the highlights though.

I remember that game, we lost though. T.O. got a TD, did a mock dirty bird followed by a cut-throat (it was still legal back then).

Saint Maarten is a great island, the airport is right by the beach. 747's will land like 15 feet above your head on the Sunset Beach, I believed its called

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Never.

If I ever have, I've blocked it out of my memory so the day no longer exists.

and if it never exists, it never happened!
When they were good?

Never!

In the last two years?

About five.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Well, I became a niner fan in midseason 2004.....

I haven't really missed a game....Well sort of.....

I was out of town for the away Rams game in 2005 and the away Rams game last year.

However I recorded both games....

Dude, you BECAME a fan in 2004?

You, sir, are either the truest Niner fan ever, or one sick, sick SOB.
I missed the first two games of the 2006 season because I was in the Philippines. Funny story, though, I saw a guy in an Alex Smith jersey in Manila.

Before that, the last games I missed was in '99. I missed a few during that season because of a weekly tackle football game I had going with some buddies.

But I've seen every other game since '94.
last game i missed was when we played the Bengals on thursday night couple years ago.

i was kinda graduating from college that day and commencement was the same time as the game.
Share 49ersWebzone