LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Frank Gore on Jim Rome

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good interview and yes to the Karma!

I am expecting some of the clones to start emailing in about Gore saying "You know" so many times though. Rome should keep them in check though.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

I am expecting some of the clones to start emailing in about Gore saying "You know" so many times though. Rome should keep them in check though.

A lot of players say "you know" a lot during interviews. These guys are not used to doing interviews or speaking in public so they say things like "you know" as they gather thoughts and try to find the right words to say.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erRider:

A lot of players say "you know" a lot during interviews. These guys are not used to doing interviews or speaking in public so they say things like "you know" as they gather thoughts and try to find the right words to say.

Thats just how Frank talks, he is not a very good speaker.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

he's a terrible speaker... i love him to death but he should really avoid interviews lol.

Some people got it, others dont.

Im used to it, but I have listened to the show long enough to know when the clones start cracking on guys for stuff like that.
Always loved Rome for calling out Chris Everett, errr Jim, for just taking that sack and falling down as the 49er d-line destroyed him and his rams in the 89 NFC Championship game. I am out.
Rome can be a little annoying sometimes, but it's WAY better than listening Radnich while driving to work.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Rome can be a little annoying sometimes, but it's WAY better than listening Radnich while driving to work.

i hate radnich... and jim rome
Originally posted by modninerfan:

he's a terrible speaker... i love him to death but he should really avoid interviews lol.

hahaha! he just makes himself sound soooo stupid it's unbelievable
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Now, now. Be nice. People around here are going to get very riled up if you call Frank stupid.

Someone who chooses to live in Chico, does not have the authority to say what makes another person seem stupid.

Originally posted by erndoogie46:

Someone who chooses to live in Chico, does not have the authority to say what makes another person seem stupid.

THIS!!!!!
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by bigmur49:
For any Rome fans out there you all know what this means....

JUNGLE KARMA!!

Gore is likely to run for about 4200 yards this season and the Niners will go undefeated!

No...

one

listens

to

jim rome

Yeah, it's not like he has 200+ affiliates or anything.

Affiliates don't actually mean that much - just fyi. It's actual listener numbers within a specific market at a given time that tells of the success of a show and Jim Rome has low numbers (compared to good sports show host). His show can just be packaged and sold to ad agencys pretty easily and name recognition takes care of the rest.

Dirty
Jim Rome is far from the best interviewer and Gore isn't the greatest interview, but I still enjoyed listening to it. As for the "you know" thing, that's ok. What's really driving me nuts anymore is that "most definitely" is included in almost every first sentence response from all athlete interviews anymore.

Intviewer: It's gotta be great playing beside ....
Athlete: ... most definitely ...

Intviewer: It looks like the D is playing more aggresively ...
Athlete: ... most definitely ...

And so on. Then again, I guess you could blame that on the interviewers soft pitch questions served right across the plate. Interviewer ... something good about you or your team ... Athlete ... most definitely ...

Yeah it's called a transition, in speech class they teach you to eliminate things like that "UMM", "UHHH" and other things you say between phrases. It just takes practice by talking about subjects and not saying it. In no way does it reflect his intellect, I found the things he said to be thoughtful and passionate.
Share 49ersWebzone