Camp fodder.

Bingo!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Camp fodder.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
camp fodder or not, it's a little perplexing that we signed a fullback when we have Moran, Robinson, when he's healthy capable of playing the position, and a guy who just scored 2 impressive TD's (Miller?). Raises some questions.

i've never seen robinson do anything remotely close to showing he can play fullback effectively

uuuuuu got it.

I think we've called MR a "Fullback" for roster reasons before, but he's certainly nothing close to FB. My opinion? Robinson really isn't an impact player to me now that we've upgraded talent at RB. Sheets will be a much more effective 3rd down threat in space than Robinson will ever be.

but he's a special teams ace!

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t279/davidbarnes559/TC%2009/?action=view¤t=P1000867-1.flv

robinson being yelled at after sucking in a drill, hard
  • 49erSupremacy
  • Info N/A
where can I get the jersey?
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
camp fodder or not, it's a little perplexing that we signed a fullback when we have Moran, Robinson, when he's healthy capable of playing the position, and a guy who just scored 2 impressive TD's (Miller?). Raises some questions.

We just lost a RB and FB. We have Norris who is having personal problems, Robinson who's hurt and Miller, who although he scored two TDs, has only been playing the position for a couple weeks. Why is it perplexing that they'd go out and sign a FB? We still have 3 preseason games to go.

I also don't understand why people are so in love with Miller. Yes he scored twice, but neither score was anything fantastic. On both scores all he had to worry about was, 1. catch the ball and 2 don't fall down or go out of bounds. The kid looks to be doing a good job at making the transition from LB to FB, but this season the best I can see him doing is landing on the PS.
BFD.. Who cares, he'll be gone after the 1st cut down date.
Why wasn't Keasey released if we're going to sign another fullback?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers | Rentmeester signed
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:09:53 -0700

CBSSports.com reports the San Francisco 49ers have signed free-agent FB William Rentmeester (Chargers). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Hoo dat?
Wow, there's a reason to get excited. NOT
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
championship!

No, dude, you're thinking of T. J. Houshmanrentmeester!

They had to! With Norris out with a family issue and Keasey hurt, that leaves just one healthy FB on the roster. He will be used for practice situations and in return he will get to show other teams what he can do by gettinga few reps in the pre season. He could also blow everybody away and make our team, either way we need a FB in order to get through practice this week.
Originally posted by Chief:
Superbowl here we come!
Share 49ersWebzone