There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Good News = Adam Synder @ RT

With the apparent news that big, young, strong, healthy Adam Synder may indeed be earning that starting RT position over Marvel Smith I was wondering if that changes the 9ers thinking mode now.

If Marvel Smith becomes the primary back-up at both left and right tackle does that open the door more for Alex Boone to make our 53 man roster vs washed up Barry Sims?

I'd rather keep the younger, bigger, stronger Boone with upside on our roster versus the over the hill Sims.

Marvel Smith would be the perfect back-up to Staley & Synder and as the season goes on his back would be getting better & better, in the event he ever needed to step in due to injury or poor play.
I agree. I hope it works out that way too. We will have a guy getting his back healthy as year goes along & have a younger guy with potential kept around instead of Sims.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I agree. I hope it works out that way too. We will have a guy getting his back healthy as year goes along & have a younger guy with potential kept around instead of Sims.

ABS. Anyone but Sims
Originally posted by English:

ABS. Anyone but Sims

+1

LOL
Younger, bigger, stronger...you said this twice...are you trying to sell something?

In theory I agree, but I think it is more likely that UDFA Boone will easily be safe on our practice squad. Sims is certainly not a starter anymore, but with Marvel still a ?, I would still rather have Sims for when a dire emergency comes.
[ Edited by Sactown49er on Aug 16, 2009 at 10:08 AM ]
Yeah, Marvel actually did not look particularly great in action on Friday. He was okay, but it looked like he was letting defenders get under him too much.

Needs to get back in the swing of things.
idk, i hope on one hand Snyder wins it and does well, cause he got a nice long term extension a few yrs back.

But then also Smith, he got a 2yr deal worth up to 10m, so im torn.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by English:

ABS. Anyone but Sims

+1

LOL

ABS +2.
  • soao
  • Veteran
I watched Marvel at the game Friday night and thought he was terrible; worse that Simms terrible.
Snyder played pretty good the other night, I hope he keeps it up.
yea i was content with snyder, just wanna see more
Personally I would like to Cut Simms and see one of our divisional rivals sign him as starting RT
Good News = Adam Snyder @ RT**

**Against Denver Broncos defensive line.
Give me Adam, and His VD Tight End and let them block maybe one of them will get a holding call if they can't win.