LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Is the Michael Robinson experiment officially over?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I see Robinson eating a roster spot from somebody else this year. Losing Brick, Hudson AND Robinson would do our ST no good. Remember, we could easily be 10-6 if our ST didn't suck so bad last year.

[ Edited by TeambyTheBay on Apr 25, 2010 at 17:53:30 ]
Why is Robinson's tenure on the team being called an experiment?

He's our ST captain, he's been a pro-bowl alternate two years in a row for his special teams work, and he allows us to have a 3rd RB, second FB and H-Back on the roster all with only one position slot being taken up. If he's an "experiment", he's a successful one.

Also, why is the webzone so overly enthusiastic to cut our consistent players for late round draft picks we know little to nothing about? We're supposed to cut someone who offers all of these things for a sixth round pick? I've heard these arguments before. They were about a sixth round pick last year named Bear Pascoe.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's one of our best Special Teams players and ST's is 1/3 of the game.

People keep saying he is a good ST'er I don't recall seeing him make many tackles??

I've seen coffee, and J.Hill make more tackles on special teams.

Really, because he had more special teams tackles than either of these people and he's been a pro-bowl alternate for the past two seasons.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

He's our ST captain, he's been a pro-bowl alternate two years in a row for his special teams work, and he allows us to have a 3rd RB, second FB and H-Back on the roster all with only one position slot being taken up. If he's an "experiment", he's a successful one.

Also, why is the webzone so overly enthusiastic to cut our consistent players for late round draft picks we know little to nothing about? We're supposed to cut someone who offers all of these things for a sixth round pick? I've heard these arguments before. They were about a sixth round pick last year named Bear Pascoe.

I agree, unless Coffee greatly improves from last season I would rather keep Robinson then Coffee.
Yeah...I like the guy but it's a wrap for him.
Seems to me that, year after year, a lot of people never thought that Battle would make the team cause all he did was catch the ball occasionally and play special teams.

if you have to ask how Battle relates to this topic, put down your keyboard an stop posting.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 25, 2010 at 19:10:12 ]
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's one of our best Special Teams players and ST's is 1/3 of the game.

People keep saying he is a good ST'er I don't recall seeing him make many tackles??

I've seen coffee, and J.Hill make more tackles on special teams.

Really, because he had more special teams tackles than either of these people and he's been a pro-bowl alternate for the past two seasons.

Originally posted by flynhayn15:

I agree, unless Coffee greatly improves from last season I would rather keep Robinson then Coffee.

its a virtual guarantee that we'll keep both, as they have completely different roles on the team
Agreed we'll probably keep both and Dixon will end up on the practice squad.
  • dadee11
  • Info N/A
i like robinson cuz of what he provides on special teams. whoever makes the team, i just hope they help us make the playoffs and maybe more! i'm tired of losing. after two decades of dominance or being a championship contender, i know i'm spoiled growing up watching montana or young to rice but i just want to win....don't care who's on the team.

Robinson's not going anywhere.

I like MRob. I like the hit at Penn State (That poor kid never played football again) and the knocking out of the Philadelphia LB on that goalline TD a couple years back. I am waiting for his next stick/ko/snotbubbler!

• TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 666SF666SF:

I like MRob. I like the hit at Penn State (That poor kid never played football again) and the knocking out of the Philadelphia LB on that goalline TD a couple years back. I am waiting for his next stick/ko/snotbubbler!

He actually knocked out Brian Dawkins.

You should be accustomed to that by now. 9er fans would compare themselves to Browns fans if they had even a modicum of patience. Every year there is SOMEONE they point at as though they are not worthy to be on the team.

Battle
Smith (Hunchback references come out of your corner and start swinging. Begin.)
Bryant
MRob
Harris
Stokes...

Man there are so many names that they are bottlenecking the recall valve.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone