There are 262 users in the forums

Is the Michael Robinson experiment officially over?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Born49R:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
the lovefest for Sheets is outrageous.

He is pure practice squad at this point. Your third running back has to be able to contribute more to the club than just being able to run the ball, and as of now Sheets can't do that. He might be able to contribute in the future after some more seasoning, but right now he is a one-dimensional player, and it's not even as good as people here think.

Mrob is so underrated at this point it is criminal. People need to remember other teams were interested in drafting him to play receiver, that's how good he can be as a pass catcher. Its took him awhile but he has managed to develop his running skills to go along with it t, couple that with his ability to block in the running game and the passing game and you got a complete back.

Not great at any one thing, but solid at everything. And then you couple his ability to run the taser, contribute in trick plays, his versatility saves roster spots because he can do so many things.

Couldn't agree more. I think that some have forgotten here that he was a running back and pass catcher at Penn State before he was the quarterback. He was converted to QB because they didn't have one and he was athletic enough to be converted. MRob that is. I think some see him as a failed conversion from QB.

i like M. Rob, i think he is good at everything but a master of nothing, and thats the best you can expect from a 3rd string RB. he isnt needed to turn games around, he's a utility guy and a great special teamer. i like sheets too, his style would be very effective after Gore and Coffee pound the crap out of the defense. i think since we wanna run we'll keep both Robinson and sheets because robinson can play fullback too. Gore, Coffee, M. Rob, Sheets and Norris. if were gonna run as much as it looks like we will, there will be injuries at some point, or situations to spell the other RB's. i think we take these 5 into the season as our backfield.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

He is pure practice squad at this point. Your third running back has to be able to contribute more to the club than just being able to run the ball, and as of now Sheets can't do that. He might be able to contribute in the future after some more seasoning, but right now he is a one-dimensional player, and it's not even as good as people here think.

Mrob is so underrated at this point it is criminal. People need to remember other teams were interested in drafting him to play receiver, that's how good he can be as a pass catcher. Its took him awhile but he has managed to develop his running skills to go along with it t, couple that with his ability to block in the running game and the passing game and you got a complete back.

Not great at any one thing, but solid at everything. And then you couple his ability to run the taser, contribute in trick plays, his versatility saves roster spots because he can do so many things.

Couldn't agree more. I think that some have forgotten here that he was a running back and pass catcher at Penn State before he was the quarterback. He was converted to QB because they didn't have one and he was athletic enough to be converted. MRob that is. I think some see him as a failed conversion from QB.

i like M. Rob, i think he is good at everything but a master of nothing, and thats the best you can expect from a 3rd string RB. he isnt needed to turn games around, he's a utility guy and a great special teamer. i like sheets too, his style would be very effective after Gore and Coffee pound the crap out of the defense. i think since we wanna run we'll keep both Robinson and sheets because robinson can play fullback too. Gore, Coffee, M. Rob, Sheets and Norris. if were gonna run as much as it looks like we will, there will be injuries at some point, or situations to spell the other RB's. i think we take these 5 into the season as our backfield.

I agree. We'll also have Brit Miller on the PS
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He's needed. With Keasey out, we are down to Norris and a rookie FB who played LB last season.

Plus, special teams is never overrated.

He's not going anywhere.

-9fA
To the opening...
They are if you want our backs to break for big runs. A lot of the yardage in this season will attribute to Michael Robinson putting his hat where it needs to be.
I like Robinson making the team. This guy flat out wants to be a football player and can hit.

Granted the Raider vs the run is horrible, I think Robinson is improving as an everydown back but is light years away from being a starter, but could one day be a decent backup.

We need him bc he plays special teams, RB, FB and can hit. He is so cheap as well
OK I agree Mrob is not going anywhere.
M-Rob is a true football player. He came into the draft as a QB and was asked/told he would be used as a running back. One of the best blockers on the team, best special teamer and a pretty good receiver out the back field. And it looks like his running game has improved.

Multi skilled players are not a dime a dozen. His home is here.
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Aug 23, 2009 at 6:47 PM ]
I guarantee Robinson is not going anywhere.
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Aug 23, 2009 at 6:46 PM ]
  • Mex49

Can somebody please this FAN that Gore and Coffee were picked in the 3rd
[ Edited by Mex49 on Aug 23, 2009 at 6:57 PM ]

Originally posted by Mex49:

Gore and Coffee WERE picked in the 3rd.
Originally posted by Mex49:

He said third-string, not third round.
this game was the best MRob has ever looked, regular or preseason. He's making more decisive cuts, accelerating when he should and following blockers. That, plus his versatility as a fullback and special teamer ( Taser QB?) I think pretty much solidify his place on the team.
It's kind of hard to imagine that anyone could even argue this after Robinson's play last night.
The man is a player, wr,rb,fb, special teamer.

Gotta keep em.
Share 49ersWebzone