LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Dennis O'Donnell and Eric Davis are terrible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
eric davis has been a dick to o'donnell all preseason lol
  • B650
  • Veteran
I'm pretty sure they asked who were the 3 49ers to record interceptions in their latest Super Bowl on the broadcast. Eric Davis obviously got them right. O'Donnell (if my ears heard correctly) replied Deion Sanders and Ronnie Lott. Ronnie f**king Lott. Man, come on. Get this guy out of here and lets bring in a real announcer.
O'Donnell must be HIGH in the broadcast booth. And this guy is getting paid to do this job. Awful..just awful.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
O'Donnell must be HIGH in the broadcast booth. And this guy is getting paid to do this job. Awful..just awful.

We got them for a bargain! Isnt that what our organization does now?
Originally posted by Jack9er:
Worst broadcasters I've heard in a while. They argued about Michael Crabtree more than they called the game.

I disagree. I liked Eric Davis
  • carl
  • Veteran
I think Eric Davis has done a phenomenal job. I really appreciate that he's not a total homer like just about every other preseason announcing teams I've been subjected to this year.

If a 49er makes a bad play, he'll say it and explain why. If they make a good play, same thing. That's exactly the kind of commentary that I would like to hear.

Sure as hell a lot better than uber negative Chris Collinsworth.
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by LanceQ:

We got them for a bargain! Isnt that what our organization does now?

Actually you didn't get them for anything as the Niners don't pay them, CBS affiliates that carry the preseasn games do, KPIX, KOVR, and Bakersfield and Reno stations. And they pay them a very nice chunk of change, I know as I work in the business! The 49ers have nothing to do with their hiring and in pre-season could care less who the announcers are.
O`Donnell sux, Davis is OK.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by carl:
I think Eric Davis has done a phenomenal job. I really appreciate that he's not a total homer like just about every other preseason announcing teams I've been subjected to this year.

If a 49er makes a bad play, he'll say it and explain why. If they make a good play, same thing. That's exactly the kind of commentary that I would like to hear.

Sure as hell a lot better than uber negative Chris Collinsworth.

I dont blame Collingsworth. He's got a vendetta against us; a lot of former employees that took big hits from us (during the 80s and 90s) love to see us lose.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

Ya i've noticed that too, i'm surprised he ain't quit yet.

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

I don't think we'll see to much Dennis the rest of the year.
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

I don't think we'll see to much Dennis the rest of the year.

Of course not; now all the games are going to have networks announcers and some of them are going to be much worse than O'Donnell and Davis if the 9ers aren't very good this year. At least they know the team as opposed to B-team networks announcers.
This thread should be called "what O'Donnell actually said during the game."

Here are some of the gems I remember.

1. (Shaun) The new starter Hill was acquired from the waiver wire last year.

2. Ex 49er Ray Mcdonald starting for Denver. -- He meant Ron Fields.
Hey they aren't the best. But trust me there are worse. I like Davis, he seems to know the inns and outs of the team fairly well and he tries to keep it even. Hopefully O'Donnell will focus more on his play by play and let Davis fill in the color. Sure O'Donnell gets his facts mixed up. But it's really Davis' job to get them right.
You want bad try listening to sunny Jurgenson call a redskins game. THe guy wines all night. It's terrible.
I'm with others who point out that these aren't marque guys. Try catching some of the other "local" broadcasters and then judge.

Agree. I've noticed Davis has been relentless with it too. O'Donnell may not be the best, but you never should make your partner look stupid or belittle him and Davis looks for every opportunity. Davis wasnt that good as a player either so every time I hear his "when I played" stories, I laugh my a$$ off. Dude was part of the reason we couldnt beat the Cowboys till Deion got here. Dude was looking at Alvin Harper's and Irvins backs all game long. And he didnt do d*ck when he went to the Panthers or Broncos. It looks like a classic case of "I played, O'Donnell didnt so everything he says means nothing because he has never been between the lines".
Share 49ersWebzone